• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why are players getting so offended by Madden ratings? Seriously

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 Things...

1) I do agree players getting upset over their video game rating is ridiculous. It is a video game that has nothing to do with reality. Heck players get mad at fans who get after them for not doing well for their fantasy team so not sure why they have this double standard?

2) I don't think he was the clear cut best Corner in the game last year. He was incredible don't get me wrong. He also played a very different style of defense compared to some of the other top corners in the league. Peterson for example does spend a lot of time completely on an island many times against a team's #1 WR. He is asked to do at least in my opinion a lot more than what the Corners for the Panthers have to do. It is why the Panthers felt comfortable letting Norman walk because they believe their system is a huge help to Corners.

I agree with you on both. Best CB is always a debate. I think you could have put 3 or 4 guys as the highest rated CB based on last year. Norman was one of the top corners last season. Was he the best? That's up for debate but I don't think putting Norman as top rated after the season he had last year is really that big of a deal.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys with ego give a fuck. And it all comes back to $$$. More marketing in any form as the top CB equals more $$$ opportunities.

I have a couple bridges in the AZ desert to sell you if you think Norman is top 5. We can talk about this again after a season in which Norman isn't playing with probably the top front seven in the NFL.

Cool. See you at the start of January and we can continue this convo :suds:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on both. Best CB is always a debate. I think you could have put 3 or 4 guys as the highest rated CB based on last year. Norman was one of the top corners last season. Was he the best? That's up for debate but I don't think putting Norman as top rated after the season he had last year is really that big of a deal.

I don't see it being a big deal either. He had a heck of a season but I guess if it were me he wouldn't be my choice for top corner on the video game. One incredible year when guys like Peterson, Sherman, Harris, and Revis have been top-5 Corners for multiple years in a row. I'm more on the consistency side of things.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it being a big deal either. He had a heck of a season but I guess if it were me he wouldn't be my choice for top corner on the video game. One incredible year when guys like Peterson, Sherman, Harris, and Revis have been top-5 Corners for multiple years in a row. I'm more on the consistency side of things.

Yeah but these ratings are basically based on what happened on the previous season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but these ratings are basically based on what happened on the previous season.

True...I'm saying if it were me designing the game and making up the rankings I wouldn't take a guy that all of a sudden had this incredible year and put him over a guy that has had 4 consecutive incredible years. As much as this pains me to say I would still put Sherman 1st or 2nd. Yeah he didn't have his best year this past year but even a down year is still a great year for almost every other Corner in the NFL. Peterson is another that I would put up there. He had one down year when he was figuring out some health issues but otherwise has been down right dominant. Chris Harris didn't have a touchdown thrown on him in over 2 years. So again consistency just wins out with me but obviously with the designers of the game that is not the case.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any update on Red Beard Jr?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True...I'm saying if it were me designing the game and making up the rankings I wouldn't take a guy that all of a sudden had this incredible year and put him over a guy that has had 4 consecutive incredible years. As much as this pains me to say I would still put Sherman 1st or 2nd. Yeah he didn't have his best year this past year but even a down year is still a great year for almost every other Corner in the NFL. Peterson is another that I would put up there. He had one down year when he was figuring out some health issues but otherwise has been down right dominant. Chris Harris didn't have a touchdown thrown on him in over 2 years. So again consistency just wins out with me but obviously with the designers of the game that is not the case.
With all of the tracking technology around in sports now, I am surprised the Madden ratings aren't based on that data more than before. I know for a fact the Dolphins (and several other teams now) have such technology.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all of the tracking technology around in sports now, I am surprised the Madden ratings aren't based on that data more than before. I know for a fact the Dolphins (and several other teams now) have such technology.

It is incredible what all they do with technology these days. The Broncos are actually working with gatorade to test hydration levels for different positions. They have been wearing these patches on their arms to test how much they sweat. Then I guess they are going to be able to know just how much water/electrolytes to give a player depending on how much they have played. Each player will now have a specialized bottle for the game to keep them hydrated.

They are also working on sleep patterns to determine the perfect amount of sleep and the best way to get the best sleep. Players will have custom beds and a more rigid schedule to try and stick to in order to optimize sleep.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys are all so super competitive. And lets face it, CB has always been a position that produces an egocentric mentality.

Peterson absolutely thinks he is the best CB in the league. He has been quoted saying it several times. We, as fans, can debate that point, but players like Peterson, Norman, Revis, Sherman, etc. will always think they are the best.

BTW - Most local folks know Peterson is a quality dude. He is a prankster in the locker room and beloved among-st his peers. He talks that same noise in practice to Fitz, Floyd, Brown, etc. Norman shouldn't take it so serious. PP is just have some trash talking fun.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys are all so super competitive. And lets face it, CB has always been a position that produces an egocentric mentality.

Peterson absolutely thinks he is the best CB in the league. He has been quoted saying it several times. We, as fans, can debate that point, but players like Peterson, Norman, Revis, Sherman, etc. will always think they are the best.

BTW - Most local folks know Peterson is a quality dude. He is a prankster in the locker room and beloved among-st his peers. He talks that same noise in practice to Fitz, Floyd, Brown, etc. Norman shouldn't take it so serious. PP is just have some trash talking fun.

Norman does seem like a guy that doesn't take a joke very well. Seems to get into fights with just about everybody that even hints at a diss towards him and his game. To me that seems like a quick way to get burned out quickly when you take everything so personal and serious.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I had a guy whine about Mitch Morse being a 73 overall and sweared up and down he was a top 5 center. Not sure why he really cares.

I actually have a guy that I follow on Twitter that just spent the entire last couple of days tweeting out videos of how good Mitch Morse was this last year. Hated watching them as a couple of them were against the Broncos but looks like a long-time starter for you guys.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually have a guy that I follow on Twitter that just spent the entire last couple of days tweeting out videos of how good Mitch Morse was this last year. Hated watching them as a couple of them were against the Broncos but looks like a long-time starter for you guys.
The crazy thing is I thought he was a bit light for what his frame suggests he should have under an NFL caliber weight program. He even said as much going into OTA's I believe that he had trouble keeping on weight his rookie year. There were a couple snaps early in the year (particularly against the Bengals in Dunlap/Atkins) where Morse just about blew up the passing play immediately; and I am guessing the few snaps he had against those top tier interior rushers are depressing his pass blocking grades on PFF, but I don't have access to those grades anymore so oh well. Very optimistic about his future as a center going forward. I believe he'll be noticeably stronger this year, fingers crossed.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Madden's not dead yet?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game sucks anyway... Has for years

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookie Chiefs center from last year. Very highly regarded in certain circles already (seen a couple scouts outright claim he's already a top 5 center) that evaluate O-lineman. PFF doesn't seem as high on Morse as those guys are.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do posters get so offended by what other posters say about the team they root for? Seriously

more appropriate

doncha think?

I know, it's ludicrous....
gangster-tommy-gun.jpgKill em all !!:heh:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many of the ratings in Madden are BS EVERY year...Why should this year be any different?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have them buy the game and boost their ratings if they aren't satisfied, very simple. Or pull a Barry Bonds and contact the NFLPA and come to some agreement to not allow his likeness to be used.