• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's ready for regular fishing season?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have one crankbait, that when wet....the eyes illuminate red once every 5 seconds or so.

I've caught one Tilapia with it and it wasn't by choice. lol
Hahaha. Every year my parents get me some lures for x-mas and they always pick out novelty ones like that when they do. I've thrown out a bunch like that just because of how terrible they are. I had this old Bill Dance lure that was like a 15' deep diver that I ended up throwing out because it was glow in the dark and our lake that I primarily fish is only 10' deep at it's deepest point. The thing was like a 4'' crankbait too.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been wanting to build my own work bench in my garage for all of my fishing gear. Anybody have ideas or suggestions of what I must have or what works best? I'm thinking of a long table, maybe 6-8 feet long with a pegboard to hang stuff. Similar to this.

View attachment 111217
Most of the tournament fishermen that I've met are set-up like this.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went out for a bit yesterday and fished the open water from the shore. Didn't catch much but was more about just getting outside and trying out some now rods and lures.

It was a little odd for me to be fishing like that in February and not on the ice. Even saw a kayak fisher take 30 minutes to physically break a path thru the ice from the boat ramp to the open water.

It's bittersweet to have the ice season over so soon, but hopefully it just means we can get the boat out in the water even sooner.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went out for a bit yesterday and fished the open water from the shore. Didn't catch much but was more about just getting outside and trying out some now rods and lures.

It was a little odd for me to be fishing like that in February and not on the ice. Even saw a kayak fisher take 30 minutes to physically break a path thru the ice from the boat ramp to the open water.

It's bittersweet to have the ice season over so soon, but hopefully it just means we can get the boat out in the water even sooner.
I've been contemplating going out this weekend. It's going to break some record high on Saturday and hit 60+ degrees. It seems like this could be a very early start to the season. It's going to be unusually warm for the next couple weeks and once we hit March, it's basically on the upward march to Spring. I think most of the lakes around here are open at this point but it will be odd to be out in Feb. I've been itching to use my new rod, reel and lures. But Winter bass fishing can be tough.

fullxtension

Sensei
Hoopla Cash
$ 21,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait.

Fisherman-gets-slapped-in-face-by-a-carp.gif

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went out for the first time this season. The fishing was pretty darn slow (water temps were in the high 40's) but darn it was fun. I spent about 1/4 of the time fixing backlashes but I still had a great time learning the ins and outs on my new reel. Caught two probably 1-2 pound bass and my dad caught the same. All on square bill cranks. Nothing else seemed to work. We fished for an hour before getting a bite on a ton of other stuff.

fullxtension

Sensei
Hoopla Cash
$ 21,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Standard equipment whenever you fish. Always bring an action figure that's wearing whatever you're wearing. This guy apparently let his wife dress him, and the action figure.

always-bring-an-action-figure-when-you-go-fishing-254715.jpg