• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who would you say are top QB-RB combos for 2019 season?

JohnstoneC8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Fromm and D’Andre Swift

Is Zeus healthy for the season? I know he now has matching ACL tears - but holy shitballs, he was good in HS.

We wanted him sooo bad, but I'll take what we've got from Etienne so far, and Bowman looks good for when Etienne goes pro.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Zeus healthy for the season? I know he now has matching ACL tears - but holy shitballs, he was good in HS.

We wanted him sooo bad, but I'll take what we've got from Etienne so far, and Bowman looks good for when Etienne goes pro.
He’s supposed to be good to go, but as of now, it sounds like Swift will get most of the carries

JohnstoneC8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s supposed to be good to go, but as of now, it sounds like Swift will get most of the carries

Figured, on Swift.

Looking forward to seeing Z on the field. That was a really shitty hand to be dealt ( 2 x ACL ) back to back like that. Cheering for him.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usual suspects here
Alabama
Clemson
Oklahoma
Georgia

after that
Oregon
Missouri
Arizona

non P5
North Texas
UCF
Memphis
App State

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won't be the best, but I think we deserve a bump up with Hornibrook now at FSU...and they should probably get a bump down...

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
321iw9.jpg

Should have tagged @AlaskaGuy.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Iowa's has potential to be good, but it is hard to say. Stanley had a great TD/Int ratio 2 seasons ago. I don't think he could have thrown the football in an open barn door 5 yards away at times. If he throws smart, he could be good.

Toren Young is good and will probably be the starter but I think this will be breakout season for Mekhi Sargent. He has the body of Barry Sanders but runs like Mike Alstott. So, hopefully he doesn't get injured.

None of them have proven to be "great" but they have shown they can be good.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It will have been 2 years since the first tear, a full year since the second. Counting on (1) the second tear wasn't as bad as they can be, and (2) ACL tears are becoming more like Tommy John surgery these days ... most really good RBs come back from them and can get back to close to where they were. But, you don't know until they take some hits. Let's put it this way ... like Chubb and Gurley before him, he's done everything he could do to get back in shape.

Everyone has forgotten about him, which I like. Because if he is 90% of what we thought he would be, with our OL he will do very well. That said, Swift is our lead back this year with Herrien being a solid no. 2 back that will run for 800 yards. Cook will also surprise a lot of people this year ... many forget he was a 5* RB, too.

JohnstoneC8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACL tears are becoming more like Tommy John surgery these days

Yep - quicker and quicker return time these days. And he's got another 3 months to rehab left.

Hoping our little slot WR - Amari Rodgers - can be back in time for the post-season. F'n LOVE the new 4 game redshirt rule. Tore one a while back in Spring ball.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Jalen Hurts and Trey Sermon
2. Jalen Hurts and Kennedy Brooks

then everybody else.

LOL. Now, I like Jalen a lot, and really like how he handled being sidelined by a better quarterback. But if you mean you'll have another good season offensively running through those porous Big XII defenses and then get manhandled in the postseason (which is the Sooner way), then I 100% agree.

Kelly Bryant/Larry Rountree and Hunter Thompson/Isiah Bowser will both be good combos to watch.

I think you'll be disappointed in the first one. Kelly Bryant is a pure runner who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a pass. I think realistically, all that's going to happen there is Kelly Bryant tucking and running constantly and taking carries away from Rountree.

But literally everyone knows the real answer is Trevor Lawrence and Travis Etienne. They are the only pair where both are considered heisman favorites. ETN is almost unanimously ranked as the top running back in college football (only Taylor tops him in any lists - and only one at that). Trevor Lawrence is usually considered the best quarterback in football, though a couple outlets still think Tua makes it competitive. So you've got the majority favorite for best quarterback and the majority favorite for best running back, running behind a crazy experienced line and throwing to the best wide-receivers in the country. I don't think anyone else is close there.

I'd say Georgia is #2 with Fromm and Swift. Though Fromm often has issues in big games.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usual suspects here
Alabama
Clemson
Oklahoma
Georgia

after that
Oregon
Missouri
Arizona

non P5
North Texas
UCF
Memphis
App State

In general, I agree.

But QB/RB are pretty much as good as their o-line. And all these schools have good ones.