• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Would You Rather See in Los Angeles: Chargers/Raiders or Rams?

Which teams would you prefer to move to Los Angeles?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why did rams move from LA in the first place?

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always about the stadium isn't it?

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the Rams are originally from Cleveland. They obviously have most of their history in LA.

Then again, that's analogous to someone reminding me the Chiefs are actually originally from Dallas.

There's also the fact the Chargers are "originally" from LA, but very quickly moved to San Diego where they have about 99% of their history take place.

I realized that Rams were originally from Cleveland and KC from Dallas... did not realize Chargers were originally from LA. Thanks for the history.

As to the question... I prefer Rams in LA if I have to pick one.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately public opinion on public money to fund a new stadium is strongly against such a proposal, California is a mess financially, and I don't believe Oakland is any exception. I know there have been proposals to renovate the current Coliseum and Arena, which is likely the only way the Raiders would actually stay in Oakland, but no idea if any groundbreaking will ever happen.

When you can't pay firemen, police and teachers, a stadium project goes over like a turd in the punchbowl.
Very true. I really don't see how it gets done. But I would still like to see the Raiders stay in oakland.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think having the Chiefs and Raiders in the same state is a good idea at all.
With that rivalry I can't imagine Mark Davis would even consider going to St Louis. I could see the Chargers there well before the Raiders, but I agree with the other poster that said the last thing the NFL wants to do is trigger movement of several teams.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: St. Louis

As polished as some cities might be able to make some places, there where will always be parts where the downtrodden and the hopeless setup shop and live. This is not a new thing either. As long as there have been cities and "civilization" there have always been the lower rungs that show you that the veil of civil society is extremely thin, fragile, and easily crossed. I don't blame the Rams for wanting to get the hell out of St. Louis to be honest with you at all.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because back then, Los Angeles wouldn't fund a new stadium for them.

They also moved since basically nobody gave a shit about the Rams at that time. I went to their last home game (against Redskins). There were only about 20,000 at that game. The only time any fans showed any passion was when the local TV cameras were on - complete phonies. This is why I am thinking that two teams (let alone three) will never do that well in LA unless all of them do well every single year.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Al Davis being a complete ****head in the Oakland to LA and back to Oakland is what us fans can thank for 30 year leases.

It is a different time with different rules to the game. Any team that moves to LA in 2016 will be there in 2040.

That being the case it would be moronic for three teams to move to that city.