• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Would You Rather See in Los Angeles: Chargers/Raiders or Rams?

Which teams would you prefer to move to Los Angeles?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jaguars... :D

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It needs to be the Chargers and the Raiders.

The dirty little secret the NFL has been keeping all of these years is that a team like the Ram's moving into LA would shrink the fan bases of the Chargers and the Raiders by so much that it wouldn't make a move worth it from the league perspective as those two teams would struggle mightily after such a move. From a financial perspective it always had to be either the Chargers or the Raiders or else those two teams would have been pushed out of California eventually.

I am not a facebook follower, but I have noticed a trend indicated by an FB map that was provided by another poster, clearly indicating that the Raiders dominant fanbase is in SOUTHERN Cal, basically LA North, while the chargers and 9ers followed their regional lines. I believe the Raiders would have more followers in NoCal had their fortune fared better over the last decade, so I understand the dynamic that the 9ers prevail by.

The Rams do have a following in the midwest, albeit predominantly on the Mississippi River basin.

I honestly would like to see the Raiders work something out and stay in Oakland, a gritty, blue-collar town compared to the flashy, unpredictable nature of LA, but it just doesn't appear there are enough deep pocket resources in the East Bay to keep 2 teams in the area, hell, even the 9ers had to move out of SF proper.

If something could be worked out in Oakland I think that would be the best place for them to stay, but if not LA has a ready made fanbase waiting for them to return. Those are the options for the Raiders.

The Chargers should stay in Sad Diego, who wouldn't want to live and play there? Perfect weather, and I believe the money is there if they put the squeeze on, the only drawback is the terrible state of Cali economics, if they need public funding, good luck.

Why the Rams left LA is anyones guess, Georgia Frontier? In any case they have very little fanbase left, someone please explain to me how that scenario works.

49er_Rick

Drummer for Punk Rock Barbie - Party ON!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the two competing stadium plans, which teams would you prefer in Los Angeles, Chargers and Raiders or Rams? And why your preference?

PLEASE DEAR GOD.... Do not bring the Raiders back to LA. That's the LAST thing we need is gang members affiliating themselves with the Raiders.

The Rams may not have started here in LA but for many many years this was their home.

The Chargers.... let them have San Diego.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grow up with the Rams in LA. Sure would make travel better for most teams in the division. So if a change needs to happen, let it be the Rams moving.

49er_Rick

Drummer for Punk Rock Barbie - Party ON!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grow up with the Rams in LA. Sure would make travel better for most teams in the division. So if a change needs to happen, let it be the Rams moving.

Man remember when the Rams and Niners had to travel to Atlanta and New Orleans???!!!! NFC WHAAAAAAA? LOL

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Los Angeles Raiderzzzzzzzz

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say the Raiders. I'm only <3 hours away from St Louis and have a bunch of friends who are Rams fans. There are many Rams fans across the area also. Would hate to see them go.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so latest rumors today is that the nfl is going to back whichever city getsthe new stadium done first...

carson will get raiders/chargers and hollywood park get rams/chargers but the biggest shocker might be the possibility of THE ST LOUIS RAIDERS!! :shocked:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the Rams left LA is anyones guess, Georgia Frontier? In any case they have very little fanbase left, someone please explain to me how that scenario works.

$$$

I am pretty sure the term fair weather fan originated in SoCal. Not enough people showed up to back these teams and the cities/state wouldn't invest the money to improve the stadiums. At the time they were incredibly easy decisions. Hell the Raiders spent the entire time they were in LA playing in a stadium that was built before the first Model T car ever rolled off an assembly line.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
carson will get raiders/chargers and hollywood park get rams/chargers but the biggest shocker might be the possibility of THE ST LOUIS RAIDERS!! :shocked:

Yeah the NFL is really in a sticky situation here. If they let the wrong team move to LA (the Ram's), it will likely set off a chain reaction that will force a bunch of other team's to move. That isn't what the NFL wants at all right now.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so latest rumors today is that the nfl is going to back whichever city getsthe new stadium done first...

I dont think having the Chiefs and Raiders in the same state is a good idea at all.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone know if there is any plan/rumor/article at all in san diego about what they might do if they could get approval? all ive seen is that they are going to speed up talking about it. which is essentially nothing of consequence other than the city reacting to the chargers time table. of all the teams to possibly move i would hope they stay put.

jacksonville to st louis makes more sense than the raiders but who knows how all this will play out....

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Rams because they ARE from there originally, and they are part of the NFC WEST"

Well this cowboy fan agrees and I blame Roman Gabriel, Jack Snow and the fearsome foursome for all that
I was a Cards fan before the more to AZ, I had an uncle that brain washed me early. As a boy living in Phoenix at the time the they moved it was like the second coming. I do find it funny that the teams in St. Louis have been in the NFC East and West but not the North.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny seeing this come from an Arizona Cardinals fan.

combine it with the fact that the Rams franchise actually started in Cleveland...

for my part in it as a Chiefs fan i wouldn't mind the Raiders/Chargers idea come to fruition. that'd mean a closer drive for me to see my Chiefs for 2 games a season(yes, i live in L.A.)...

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a perfect world, the Raiders get a new stadium in Oakland. That is where they belong.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$$$

I am pretty sure the term fair weather fan originated in SoCal. Not enough people showed up to back these teams and the cities/state wouldn't invest the money to improve the stadiums. At the time they were incredibly easy decisions. Hell the Raiders spent the entire time they were in LA playing in a stadium that was built before the first Model T car ever rolled off an assembly line.

As a former resident of that area I can think of many reasons why they didn't really support Rams/Raiders towards the end (& why a lot of this should be a red flag for relocating teams especially if there is more than one).

For starters - unlike most cities - the main fan loyalty will be towards the Lakers & that will never change. That makes it a little tougher to woo fans over to local teams in other sports. Secondly - there are tons of transplants from other areas of the country who will never change their loyalty. Even with young kids it is not a given that they will root for the local teams - it doesn't necessarily work like that anymore.

In terms of the Rams & Raiders both teams were declining when they moved & were playing in less than stellar stadiums in LA & Anaheim. No doubt the relocated teams will be playing in state-of-the-art stadiums. However - prices will also be through the roof & IMO attendance will be bad after the first few years unless the teams are highly competitive. That area is not GB, Chicago or KC.

Finally - SoCal has very unique weather and other attractions provide all types of options for potential NFL fans. Unlike any other area you can pretty much count on sunny & in the 70s & certainly not brutal cold like most other areas. This allows you to not be couped up inside or a slave to NFL games. The other attractions means it is not a given that folks will take advantage of a live NFL game.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a perfect world, the Raiders get a new stadium in Oakland. That is where they belong.

Raiders new stadium in Milpitas (built on the dump) would be a lot like the old Candlestick and be a big home field advantage.....

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders belong in LA and that's that!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams were in LA from 1946 to 1994 I think, I'd like to see them back there myself. Back to the west coast, where they would fit right in geographically speaking.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unfortunately public opinion on public money to fund a new stadium is strongly against such a proposal, California is a mess financially, and I don't believe Oakland is any exception. I know there have been proposals to renovate the current Coliseum and Arena, which is likely the only way the Raiders would actually stay in Oakland, but no idea if any groundbreaking will ever happen.

When you can't pay firemen, police and teachers, a stadium project goes over like a turd in the punchbowl.