• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Would You Rather See in Los Angeles: Chargers/Raiders or Rams?

Which teams would you prefer to move to Los Angeles?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the two competing stadium plans, which teams would you prefer in Los Angeles, Chargers and Raiders or Rams? And why your preference?

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams because they ARE from there originally, and they are part of the NFC WEST, and despite what many on the east coast may think St. Louis hasn't been in the west part of the US since the Oregon Trail was a new idea.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say either Chargers or Raiders...but really don't have any skin in it.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It needs to be the Chargers and the Raiders.

The dirty little secret the NFL has been keeping all of these years is that a team like the Ram's moving into LA would shrink the fan bases of the Chargers and the Raiders by so much that it wouldn't make a move worth it from the league perspective as those two teams would struggle mightily after such a move. From a financial perspective it always had to be either the Chargers or the Raiders or else those two teams would have been pushed out of California eventually.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It needs to be the Chargers and the Raiders.

The dirty little secret the NFL has been keeping all of these years is that a team like the Ram's moving into LA would shrink the fan bases of the Chargers and the Raiders by so much that it wouldn't make a move worth it from the league perspective as those two teams would struggle mightily after such a move. From a financial perspective it always had to be either the Chargers or the Raiders or else those two teams would have been pushed out of California eventually.

If the Raiders move to LA will they again follow it with a move back to Oakland in 10 years? They appear to care less about their fans (who are extremely loyal) than just about any franchise (including that I one I root for which is not that great).

I remember living in LA when they moved back to Oakland. I know several LA area Raiders season ticket holders who received these letters from the team indicating "Congrats - the Raiders are back in their real home". Lucky them - from that time on they had the opportunity to waste lots of time on the trips to Oakland and spend an extra few grand each season on higher ticket prices, flights, hotels, food, etc. They have no loyalty towards their fans.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Raiders move to LA will they again follow it with a move back to Oakland in 10 years? They appear to care less about their fans (who are extremely loyal) than just about any franchise (including that I one I root for which is not that great).

I remember living in LA when they moved back to Oakland. I know several LA area Raiders season ticket holders who received these letters from the team indicating "Congrats - the Raiders are back in their real home". Lucky them - from that time on they had the opportunity to waste lots of time on the trips to Oakland and spend an extra few grand each season on higher ticket prices, flights, hotels, food, etc. They have no loyalty towards their fans.

Al Davis being a complete ****head in the Oakland to LA and back to Oakland is what us fans can thank for 30 year leases.

It is a different time with different rules to the game. Any team that moves to LA in 2016 will be there in 2040.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, the Rams aren't in the western part of the US, but then neither is KC last time I checked.

Let the chargers/raiders move and least still be in the same state. But if you are going to realign things again put the Rams and KC in the same division so at least they have a regional rivalry.

I've heard arguments that a complete shakeup of both western divisions is warranted and there are some compelling thoughts on it. Doesn't matter which is AFC/NFC, but putting Sea, 9'ers, chargers, and denver in one and raiders, KC, zona, and rams in the other might be the best compromise and rivalry draw out there.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its tough for me, as a Raider fan. As much as I want to see them in a new, modern stadium....I wish they could stay in Oakland. Also the thought of sharing a stadium with the powder blues, I mean, I just dont know.

In a perfect world, somehow Oakland would figure out a way to build a new stadium and keep them, and the Rams move back to LA. Which makes more sense anyway.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams because they ARE from there originally, and they are part of the NFC WEST, and despite what many on the east coast may think St. Louis hasn't been in the west part of the US since the Oregon Trail was a new idea.
Funny seeing this come from an Arizona Cardinals fan.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny seeing this come from an Arizona Cardinals fan.

"Rams because they ARE from there originally, and they are part of the NFC WEST"

Well this cowboy fan agrees and I blame Roman Gabriel, Jack Snow and the fearsome foursome for all that

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Rams because they ARE from there originally, and they are part of the NFC WEST"

Well this cowboy fan agrees and I blame Roman Gabriel, Jack Snow and the fearsome foursome for all that

Actually, the Rams are originally from Cleveland. They obviously have most of their history in LA.

Then again, that's analogous to someone reminding me the Chiefs are actually originally from Dallas.

There's also the fact the Chargers are "originally" from LA, but very quickly moved to San Diego where they have about 99% of their history take place.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I'd prefer none of them go to LA. If I had to choose I'd say the Rams, but St Louis is probably the most likely of the 3 to build a stadium. Only problem is they have the only owner of the 3 that doesn't want to stay in his current city.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expansion team

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The teams is the Dodgers, not the Dodger. :whistle:

Frankly, I feel dirty just typing something that comes close to their real name. If any of my daughters used that word I'd wash their mouths out with soap and give serious consideration to disowning them.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, I feel dirty just typing something that comes close to their real name. If any of my daughters used that word I'd wash their mouths out with soap and give serious consideration to disowning them.

I'm surprised a Giants fan has kids. When did you and your boyfriend adopt?