• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who would you like to cut/keep next year?

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should cut:
Pead #1 get rid of this roster filler. We have 3 other good RB's
Dahl #2 probably done as a pro. doesn't look like he has it anymore
Finnegan #3 I don't know if he was really "injured" but he was rated the worst DB in the NFL when he played
Armstrong #4 I might get some flack for this one but the kid just doesn't seem to get it when it comes to playing with some smarts. He single handedly lead the team in fouls and thats saying a lot for a person that was only on the field about 10% of the entire game.

On the fence:
Pettis - I know he's the only WR with some experience but it's his 3rd year and I don't think he's going to get any better. He's a bigger Brandon Gibson. Serviceable.
Langford - played better towards the end but that little episode at the end of the season didn't help his cause.
Wells- Still think he has some gas left in the tank. I think he would be a good guy to restructure a deal with and keep around to teach our young centers the finer details. If he doesn't want to restructure then let him walk.
Stewart - Some one with question marks around him. I'd be ok with resigning him to a minimum deal as a back up.....

Must sign:
Saffold: Kid played lights out at Guard! People were commenting on his body of work that never complimented him when he was playing RT/LT. Hopefully he wises up and stays with the Rams
Williams: Serviceable player that can play G/T. I wouldn't start him but I would resign him because he shouldn't cost much.

I can't remember if Kendrics deal is up. but if it is he's a must sign. He's a much better TE than people give him credit for.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pead- I would keep because he will only make 1m so he's cheap. good backup insurance at RB and Special teams.

H.Dahl- CUT 4m Savings

Wells- CUT 4-5m Savings Hopefully Barrett Jones will step up or resign Tim Barnes

Finnigan- CUT 10m Savings. Draft D. Dennard for a fraction of the price for the next 4 years.

Langford- this ones tough. I like him he's solid player but cutting him i believe saves around 6m. Fischer might have his eye on DT Timmy Jernigan from Fl St. in the first RD.

Saffold- I don't think they will resign him. he has not stayed healthy enough to justify the money he is going to want. he will test FA and someone will pay him.

Kendrics is under contract so thats good.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose Saffold, Dahl and Wells, we will most likely pick an o-lineman in the first rd and probably later rds.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose Saffold, Dahl and Wells, we will most likely pick an o-lineman in the first rd and probably later rds.

Yeah thats why a trade back for some extra picks would be sweet.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think Saffold might be franchised and then he has 1 year to prove he is worth a long term deal or we can let him walk...

Dahl,Wells and Finnegan all need to go and honestly Langford too for the kind of money we are paying him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should keep Langford. He is an underrated part of our defense.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not when we can get someone who does all the things he does AND more (aka stop the run) in the draft and pay them a whole lot less money

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not when we can get someone who does all the things he does AND more (aka stop the run) in the draft and pay them a whole lot less money
The Ram's record with drafting DTs always makes me nervous. I just like how our Dline looks right now

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are too many good DT's in rounds 3-5 that we can't really go wrong...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think Saffold might be franchised and then he has 1 year to prove he is worth a long term deal or we can let him walk...

Dahl,Wells and Finnegan all need to go and honestly Langford too for the kind of money we are paying him.

I would be shocked if they paid Saffold 10m next year. remember he still missed 4 games this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Conrath who played this year and played pretty well. I doubt if Langford will be shown the door but if they do, then Cudjo and Conrath are waiting to take his place.

Last edited by a moderator:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I like Matt Conrath and he would be a run stuffer... Cudjo however is more of a pass rusher.. But they could platoon a bit.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on cudjo or conrath. Aren't both of them practice squaders promoted to the active roster?. Haven't seen much from either other than a hand ful of tackles. Would like to keep langford for the low, if not a late rounder for the dline. I KNOW you fancy those two retro but I dont see it .

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conrath is a practice squad dude and Cudjo is a hold over from the Spigot years picking him up through the draft. Conrath has played quite a bit this year and so has Cudjo. They quietly held their own and the game here in Phoenix against the Cards both played and held their own. Certainly neither did any worse than Langford. So, yea, they are developing players that are not too shabby.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even if we do cut some dead weight on this team I don't even know if we can afford to franchise him. I think it will cost us around 10mil to do it and I think we'll only have around 14-15mil cap room if we do some heavy cutting.