• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

who would want to trade for dwight howard?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lakers would have to take some shit in salary to move this headache.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kupchak screwed himself by not trying to deal him sooner, then telling everyone he won't move him.

It's clear hes not going to resign, so the Lakers effectively get nothing. I never understood why they even went after him. He's putting up the SAME NUMBERS as Bynum, it was a completely lateral move.

Seriously, Nash, Howard, Artest, and Gasol should not be in a Laker uniform next year if Buss Jr and Kupchak have 2 brain cells to rub together. They should have been moving these guys weeks ago.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kupchak screwed himself by not trying to deal him sooner, then telling everyone he won't move him.

It's clear hes not going to resign, so the Lakers effectively get nothing. I never understood why they even went after him. He's putting up the SAME NUMBERS as Bynum, it was a completely lateral move.

Seriously, Nash, Howard, Artest, and Gasol should not be in a Laker uniform next year if Buss Jr and Kupchak have 2 brain cells to rub together. They should have been moving these guys weeks ago.

You might accuse me of saying this in 20/20 hindsight, but I would have never traded Bynum for Dwight. At this point in the game, Dwight is a liability.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might accuse me of saying this in 20/20 hindsight, but I would have never traded Bynum for Dwight. At this point in the game, Dwight is a liability.

I get called a hater because I said before the season started that at best, this was a first round exit team, and at worst, a non-playoff team. Don't get fooled by names on jerseys.

This team personnel wise never fit to begin with. They got rid of Fisher because he was a defensive liability......only to sign old man Nash, who might be the worst defender in the history of the league???

They make a lateral move in getting Howard? They didn't get any younger, and the two biggest problems I've seen for them are that they don't run offense through their post players, and they can't defend perimeter shooting teams. They did NOTHING to address that.

Lakers fans say Kupchak is the best GM in the game. Maybe I'm just an idiot, because I don't get what he's trying to do or accomplish. You guys can keep him, I think he's a moron.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It could be worse. Philly got nothing in the trade. Bynum has yet to play a game & he's going to be an UFA at the end of the season as well. Meanwhile Iggy is doing just fine in Denver & Vucevic has become a double double machine in Orlando.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the OP: The answer is plenty of teams would want him. He was just as big a headache in Orlando but that deterred no one. He's got talent. Teams always roll on talent no matter what the side issues are.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dwight can go somewhere he likes and if he gets locked into a long-term deal he's happy with and if he gets healthy, he'll be a force again. I counted three "If's" in that statement. He was bad news for the Lakers and after three years of personal, petty bullshit from him, he's lost allot of money.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dwight can go somewhere he likes and if he gets locked into a long-term deal he's happy with and if he gets healthy, he'll be a force again. I counted three "If's" in that statement. He was bad news for the Lakers and after three years of personal, petty bullshit from him, he's lost allot of money.

The Lakers are banking on the fact they can offer Howard 30M more than any other team.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think health is that big of an issue for him. He's slowed some this year, but its mostly mental. His injuries may be keeping from being a 20 and 15 guy every night, but there are games where he's focused where he's still putting up 16 and 10. He did the same thing in Orlando. He just checks out of games and goes through the motions and you end up getting some frustrating 8 and 6 performances with no effort to rotate over and contest shots on defense, which is what made him the best center in the league to begin with.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, and ATL can't get rid of Josh Smith, he's rumored to go EVERYWHERE

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the OP: The answer is plenty of teams would want him. He was just as big a headache in Orlando but that deterred no one. He's got talent. Teams always roll on talent no matter what the side issues are.

i wouldnt touch this headcase with a ten foot pole. With his lack effort on a nightly basis he will never be as good as he thinks he is.

The Lakers are banking on the fact they can offer Howard 30M more than any other team.

Why would they want too? This has failure written all over it. Only upside might be to sign him to the full deal and then if it still isnt working out trade him next season.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's Smith got to do with this?

You might be better off with him. Kupchak should throw Gasol and NNash out there for him and a pick or something.

Still not sure WHY the Lakers even want to keep Howard. Every game they lose, they blame him. He's not happy, the team isn't happy, so WHY would Kupchak sign up for MORE of this???

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldnt touch this headcase with a ten foot pole. With his lack effort on a nightly basis he will never be as good as he thinks he is.

Why would they want too? This has failure written all over it. Only upside might be to sign him to the full deal and then if it still isnt working out trade him next season.

WHO is going to want to trade for a player with a max deal??? NOBODY is making that trade, salaries have to match.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Cuban is smart enough to finally listen to those that say "never trade with the Yankees or Lakers".

Players that leave there don't typically do well. It feels like a step down to a lesser team/market. Here in Dallas we have seen Soriano from the Yanks give up and tank, and we saw LamLam for the Mavs just give up and tank. There are plenty of other instances to back it up.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the talking heads said all the other owners in the league hopes he gets traded to Houston so it can wreck both the Lakers and Rockets for a while.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Kobe has even signed off on dumping Howard......I just don't get why Kupchak wants to keep him so badly. Is it an ego issue? He doesn't want to give up on a roster that hasn't been together a full year?

fordman - yeah, Lamar clearly quit on Dallas.....and it's not like the Mavs were chopped liver at that time. Cuban has some of the best facilities and a good fan base. The only step down was from a prestige standpoint. If a player isn't professional enough to play for a good owner and team, fuck him.