• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who won the trade?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely, positively. He's a top 5 player.

Anthony Davis will pair up with Lebron for the next 3 years (who hasn't shown any real decline yet). The Lakers will add pieces around them (and Kuzma) as they can. Once Lebron leaves, AD becomes the draw to sign someone to take that cap space. The difference in ages between Lebron and AD can actually work to the Lakers advantage as such.

wait, did WiggityWack ask that question for real...?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might be better.

Never before in his career has he played with a teammate as dynamic as AD. No offense to DWade
It's going to be interesting to watch because my first year of watching LeBron gave me the impression that he wasn't a selfish ball hog like Kobe and James Harden. Kobe at least has 5 rings to show for his success - but LeBron sharing with AD is going to be some fun ball

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Laker fans, learn to read :laugh3:

"I mean you could put that order any way you want"

The top 3 are cemented right now though. (KD is injured but still) You could put AD at 4, that is how great he is.
Trust me - I know that AD is one of the top 4 players in the NBA if in the top 2 or 3 and LeBron is not a slouch either. The Lakers are going to be fun to watch and while I am at it, I will be thinking of @WiggyRuss, @Wamu, @lebron23james and laughing at how much they will be crying this year and doing this when the Lakers win :gaah::gaah::gaah::mad2::hope:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who still thinks the Lakers front office is a big mess?:D

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone?
Really?

I never thought the Lakers was the mess people were claiming. I don't know much about Rob Pelinka, but I do know who Jeanie Buss is and what she represents. I've always thought she was capable of running the organization.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

I never thought the Lakers was the mess people were claiming. I don't know much about Rob Pelinka, but I do know who Jeanie Buss is and what she represents. I've always thought she was capable of running the organization.
I think a decent argument can be made that Hollywood attracted Lebron... and LeBron, in turn, attracted AD.

The Lakers FO didn't have to be much good... just kinda fell in their lap.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a decent argument can be made that Hollywood attracted Lebron... and LeBron, in turn, attracted AD.

The Lakers FO didn't have to be much good... just kinda fell in their lap.
I agree to that on LeBron falling into their lap although I am not 100% sure that if Jim Buss was still in charge - if he would have went, but... getting Anthony Davis for the draft picks, Ball, Hart and Lonzo took some dealing - that proved that Jeanie has something

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately, i agree that we gotta do more than get Brow to clear THAT view of us up...
To some degree - I think it might be better to let the dumb asses think that - then they will under-estimate the Lakers and give poor bids - Like Boston not wanting to give up Tatum - I think they under-estimated Jeanie Buss - I for one have seen her pictures in Playboy in the Buff - She is not to be under-estimated

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who still thinks the Lakers front office is a big mess?:D

Really?

Dude, getting this one right, doesn't mean they aren't still a mess.

Yes, they handled the AD trade very well. But they were dealing with a team that HAD to make a trade. Through some injury luck and with an assist from Rich Paul, they were able to trade for a top 5 player in the game.

I will give them credit for managing to hang on to Kuzma. That was smart and from what I've heard, credit for that goes 100% to Pelinka and Jeanie.

But let's see what kind of roster they put together before we start handing out Executive of the Year awards. lol

The way they handled the AD trade and the fact that they managed to keep Kuzma, gives me hope that they have learned from their past mistakes.

But they have a lot of work to do before getting AD can be considered anything but a move any of us on here could have pulled off.

Well, any of us except @WiggyRuss and that's only because he'd sabotage it just because it's the Lakers.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, they handled the AD trade very well. But they were dealing with a team that HAD to make a trade. Through some injury luck and with an assist from Rich Paul, they were able to trade for a top 5 player in the game.

I will give them credit for managing to hang on to Kuzma. That was smart and from what I've heard, credit for that goes 100% to Pelinka and Jeanie.

But let's see what kind of roster they put together before we start handing out Executive of the Year awards. lol

The way they handled the AD trade and the fact that they managed to keep Kuzma, gives me hope that they have learned from their past mistakes.

But they have a lot of work to do before getting AD can be considered anything but a move any of us on here could have pulled off.

Well, any of us except @WiggyRuss and that's only because he'd sabotage it just because it's the Lakers.
It doesn't mean that the Lakers are a big mess either - Granted that there were two things that would have most likely happened and those two things are LeBron and Anthony Davis - The Lakers had a lot of help - but I am pretty sure Jim Buss would have found a way to screw that up.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty much this.

Pelinka shows his skills NOW. Giving up all of their assets for the next 4 years was a bold move but it also wasn't some coup. When it is all said and done, it's possible that people will look back at that trade as a complete disaster for the Lakers. Could also be a monster win for them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me - I know that AD is one of the top 4 players in the NBA if in the top 2 or 3 and LeBron is not a slouch either. The Lakers are going to be fun to watch and while I am at it, I will be thinking of @WiggyRuss, @Wamu, @lebron23james and laughing at how much they will be crying this year and doing this when the Lakers win :gaah::gaah::gaah::mad2::hope:

Why would they be crying....Lebron won a title in CLE. He didnt make the playoffs in year one. Gotta earn it but no question that duo will be fun to watch

rightstuff

Trump convicted on Washing Money.LOL.
Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland-17-18.gif

Matisse Thybulle

Not Portland. Well Maybe.

This guy can play, all the tools.

IF he slips to the Pelicans at 39, then they get a STEAL.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they be crying....Lebron won a title in CLE. He didnt make the playoffs in year one. Gotta earn it but no question that duo will be fun to watch
Some people are always miserable - Even when you are - that's just what they are

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To some degree - I think it might be better to let the dumb asses think that - then they will under-estimate the Lakers and give poor bids - Like Boston not wanting to give up Tatum - I think they under-estimated Jeanie Buss - I for one have seen her pictures in Playboy in the Buff - She is not to be under-estimated

and there it is, the Creep Factor