• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will win the NFC West this year?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His cap hit next year is already to steep next year. I doubt he's on the roster next year and that is without adding more to his cap hit. Seahawks going to have to make some tough calls next reason and most of us Seahawks fans feel Lynch is one of them.

Lynch is likely gone after this year, but remember the cap is expected to go up again next season and probably substantially so. Part of Wilson's deal will be absorbed by that increase.

There is also a whole lot of dead money coming off the books next year. As it stand right now, there is under $30k in dead money scheduled for next year. They have around $8.6m in dead money this season.

They won't have any problems shoring up the guys they need to and still finding money for free agents.

There are teams out there with more than $10m in dead money this year and many have millions still scheduled for next year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch is likely gone after this year, but remember the cap is expected to go up again next season and probably substantially so. Part of Wilson's deal will be absorbed by that increase.

There is also a whole lot of dead money coming off the books next year. As it stand right now, there is under $30k in dead money scheduled for next year. They have around $8.6m in dead money this season.

They won't have any problems shoring up the guys they need to and still finding money for free agents.

There are teams out there with more than $10m in dead money this year and many have millions still scheduled for next year.

Remember though releasing Lynch if that is what happens is $1.5 million in dead money.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but 1.5m is better than the 9m he would get in salary.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st off, NONE of the posters responding in this thread are bandwagon Seahawk fans.

2nd, it's not US that hates so-called bandwagon Seahawk fans, it's YOU (and guys like you) that hate the Seahawk Bandwagon Fans, not US.

See, I contend that you do really think when you type, you just ramble, and that is part of the problem with why you end up in so many arguments.

BTW, we are Super Bowl champs and bandwagon fans go with the territory.
I'm good with it.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Seattle fans ever shut up around here? You argue about inconsequential trash and go on and on and on.

How about acting like the bigger guy? You won the SB and act like a bunch of sensitive kids. There's like 7 of you. :bawling:

Nick, obviously most of us Seahawk fans love to talk about the Seahawks and they are by far the most talked about team in this forum.
Sure, we finally won a Lombardi, but the SB was pegged as an absolute Marquee matchup. One of the rare #1 vs #1.
The final outcome has spawned a plethora of different angles to talk about.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the off season. Well Day 4 of training camp. Why do you have a problem with us Seahawk fans trying to defend our position. We FINALLY have position, and we shall take advantage of that.

Football talk, the most important on the Seahawk offense, is RW. Without a doubt. Outsiders will say Lynch is the heart, I disagree.

Situation A: Wilson, Michael, Turbin
Situation B: Jackson, Lynch

I take A 100% of the time. THOUGHTS?

AAA+++

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why aren't more fans and experts talking about his kid's arm? Too many comparisons to Qb's that were led by a D but weren't great. ie Trent Dilfer.

Why aren't supposed experts talking about his arm? His work ethic and leadership attributes are mentioned, but Wilson throws a ball with velocity & accuracy with good decision making as any QB in the NFL. Again, only Rodgers seems to have those 3 traits locked down.

Brady, Manning and Brees don't have those 3 at this juncture of their career. No, I'm not comparing the crafty veteran leadership of these 3 HOFer's, c'mon, but for a 2nd year QB, I'm not sure in my vast years of watching ball has there been better besides Dan Marino and Brady.

What am I missing in that SB highlights? I saw Wilson make every throw. He may only have to act like a game manager for Seattle right now but he would be scary 350 - 400 yds if they needed him to throw 40 balls.

You're fortunate to have him. I hope Derek Carr can do the same.

Gobs and gobs of them are talking and raving about RW. There are also many who aren't yet sold. They have nothing of validity to warrant their guarded stance on RW.
He is great commentary.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

100% agree.

Uhspit......US Hawk fans know.
Has anybody outside of Seattle actually seen RW practice.???????
I would not......repeat.....not trade him for that luck guy. Wpuld NOT. RW is IT.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread will be buried by then but I like your your prediction! :suds:

dark, why do you like the prediction? Am I drunk or are you?

Uh, forget that. I've had a couple.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the constant back and forth trash with a phony ram fan who likes multiple NFL teams. That should tell you right there who you're dealing with and ignore the situation.

There's Denver fans arguing back and forth about nothing.

Yes, I jump to the next post after reading the first sentence when I read this foolishness. I must've jumped 3 pages and there still wasn't solid conversation, so I thought I'd evaluate a NFCW QB.

I will evaluate Kaepernick next. Btw, I do like Derek Carr a lot and believe he got draft shafted because his brother was a deer in headlights wussy. Derek has moxie and toughness that David did not.

It's true that somewhat effective trolls generate lots of responses from fans. It is easy to get sucked in. I have had more than enough battles that are easy to regret. They suck time.
I look forward to your Kaep evaluation (cuz I know you see his faults) and I agree about Gannon.
Edit: Stop all Gannon comparisons in thread.
Thank you.
Uh

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dark, why do you like the prediction? Am I drunk or are you?

Uh, forget that. I've had a couple.

I am a little bit drunk. You want to bring a team of 4 to my golf tourney? Aug 16. PM me.
:suds::suds::suds::suds:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders going to take down your 9ers this year.

Who would you rather have, darken? Colin or Russell or Bradford and what QB attributes led to your decision?

Tough Q for dark.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Every team that tries to predict their record has the game vs us as a W.
Upsets happen weekly. The Raiders will have a nice Defense and beat team(s) from the NFCW. They aren't going 0-4 like everyone predicts. Some age but a great set of LB's and veterans to rush the QB. Can't lose Hayden, though. Mack will destroy Colin in our house before we rent from you and damage your turf.

:yahoo:

LOL. Very good.:yahoo:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand fully why they wouldn't pay him more than he is already making. They are playing hard ball and have every right to do that. I do think Carroll made a huge mistake making the comment about "honoring the contract" as it does seem to be causing some of the players to stand behind Lynch in this ordeal as it should. Players got hosed pretty bad in the last CBA and teams just don't seem to have any problem letting go of players with big contracts that are not quite living up to the contract. So I understand why players are fighting for every dollar that they can get. I understand both sides of the argument and this is one of those situations where both sides are justified in what they are doing. Unfortunately for Lynch he is the one losing out the most as he is losing money by the day. The team is losing out though in they will be missing a key player on a team loaded for another championship. Missing an All-Pro talent like Lynch could be the difference between another Super Bowl Win and an early exit to the season. Really that is his biggest leverage right now.

Now to NicktheGreek he is making a mistake in the immediate as he is being fined everyday he is gone. I don't know if he is missing out in the long run though as he is expected to be cut next season so him trying to get some money that can come next year as well could in the long run end up more overall money than what he would get if he decided to go ahead and play this year on the contract he has.

Honestly with the way his contract is written though the team could actually figure out a way to not only pay him a bit more this year with not really adding much of a cap hit plus be able to keep him next season (I would say he still has another good year in him after this one) without having to pay the huge cap hit. So essentially you are getting 2 years of service out of him with only adding a bit of money to this year but it balancing out for next season where he still plays but not at the huge Cap Hit that is expected.

Marshawn has remaining signing bonus money equaling $3M over the next 2 years. That is guaranteed in his contract. He also has roster bonus money. That is all guaranteed.
Every player has to be on the roster at the beginning at the regular season to get paid his base salary. Those dollars are not guaranteed.
Pete was quite accurate in his mention of guaranteed contracts.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember though releasing Lynch if that is what happens is $1.5 million in dead money.

We won't release him unless we want to create roster room. That would be expensive and prohibitive to acquire a backup player unless desperate.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a little bit drunk. You want to bring a team of 4 to my golf tourney? Aug 16. PM me.
:suds::suds::suds::suds:

I'd love to Dunce, but I gig almost every weekend. I am booked for that Saturday.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Every team that tries to predict their record has the game vs us as a W.
Upsets happen weekly. The Raiders will have a nice Defense and beat team(s) from the NFCW. They aren't going 0-4 like everyone predicts. Some age but a great set of LB's and veterans to rush the QB. Can't lose Hayden, though. Mack will destroy Colin in our house before we rent from you and damage your turf.

:yahoo:

That's a bold prediction (unless you meant it as a joke). It's pretty obvious every team in the NFC west has more talent than the Raiders.

Last edited by a moderator:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a bold prediction (unless you meant it as a joke). It's pretty obvious every team in the NFC west has more talent than the Raiders.

Every team in the NFC West....and AFC West....and NFC South..............

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won't release him unless we want to create roster room. That would be expensive and prohibitive to acquire a backup player unless desperate.

Couple of things...the $1.5 million is for next year not this year. If released this year it will cost the team $3 million in dead money.

Also guaranteed money is not guaranteed anymore. Go look at the language of contracts and some of it is only guaranteed if the player is hurt. If they get cut then they don't see a dime of that money. Some of it is only guaranteed if the player is still signed through a certain date. So like for the Broncos this year signing Aqib Talib. If he is still on the roster on the 3rd day of the league year then his contract for that year becomes guaranteed no matter what. If they cut him before that day though he gets none of that and the only cap hit against the Broncos is for the signing bonus which really isn't that high as the Broncos don't like to have chances of lots of dead money. Most NFL contracts these days are being formed this way.

So for Lynch nothing is actually guaranteed of money for him next year. Now yes he carries a $1.5 million dead money hit against the team but that is money he has already been paid. He has no new money guaranteed to hit his pockets for next season.