• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will win the NFC West this year?

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team in the NFC West....and AFC West....and NFC South..............
I wouldn't be so sure about that. The Raiders are going to surprise some teams this year...not because nick the geek says so but because they have more talent than you credit them for.

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a bold prediction (unless you meant it as a joke). It's pretty obvious every team in the NFC west has more talent than the Raiders.

More talent doesn't always mean W's. Situational game factors (coming off a tough road game and then headed to the black hole), a potential schedule let down type of game. If you don't factor in the situational game factors, then you might want to use the Pro-Reference link or the PFF link to educate you on upsets and how talented teams still get beat by inferior talented teams.

The Raiders will win 4 of 10 vs the AFC / NFC West teams. A slight homer prediction but it will be smash mouth football on both sides of the ball. Look for low scoring slugfests. You shall see soon enough, so buckle up.

:suds:

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be so sure about that. The Raiders are going to surprise some teams this year...not because nick the geek says so but because they have more talent than you credit them for.

UK doesn't follow the NFL, so it's not surprising he has that NON supportive view. He probably can't name 4 starters on the Raiders roster but that's par for the course when he responds.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More talent doesn't always mean W's. Situational game factors (coming off a tough road game and then headed to the black hole), a potential schedule let down type of game. If you don't factor in the situational game factors, then you might want to use the Pro-Reference link or the PFF link to educate you on upsets and how talented teams still get beat by inferior talented teams.

The Raiders will win 4 of 10 vs the AFC / NFC West teams. A slight homer prediction but it will be smash mouth football on both sides of the ball. Look for low scoring slugfests. You shall see soon enough, so buckle up.

I think Raiders need a seasoned coach like a Gruden ( imagine him and Al Davi's kid side by side Chucky and Raggedy Andy) Bill Cowher etc that have sniffed success before. Too many subpar coaches in NFL lately, too watered down. Andy Reid did a great job in KC

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's true that somewhat effective trolls generate lots of responses from fans. It is easy to get sucked in. I have had more than enough battles that are easy to regret. They suck time.
I look forward to your Kaep evaluation (cuz I know you see his faults) and I agree about Gannon.

Edit: Stop all Gannon comparisons in thread.
Thank you.
Uh

Don't get sucked in, split. While Gannon convo heated up because a Ram fan did the 'ol :gaah: sign when talking about Qb's like Luck and Wilson, you can't deny, if you looked at the you tube comparisons that it was SPOT on and reason ram couldn't respond. In fact, no one could refute and at least it was quality football. conversations will ebb and flow and won't just stay on NFCW topic.

I "split" from the Gannon convo on pg 29 and the next 14 pages were filled with non-football trash by Jackson, some bronco guys and multiple Seahawk fans.

The evaluation of Wilson has improved some convo but I wish there was more substantive conversation on here. I won't give up, yet, even in the off-season.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Gannon-Luck comparison is pretty accurate, actually. Gannon had a lot of talent around him at the end of his career so it'll be curious to see if Luck ever gets that talent, too. I got to see a lot of Gannon back in the day because I know a lot of Chiefs fans.

Wilson is good at everything except for taking sacks. I think this will be the year where we judge him on that one, though. Its also hard to separate Wilson taking a sack from the oline giving up a sack but he gets sacked more often than anyone else per dropback with an adjust sack rate of 9.6% according to Football Outsiders

Last edited by a moderator:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things...the $1.5 million is for next year not this year. If released this year it will cost the team $3 million in dead money.

Also guaranteed money is not guaranteed anymore. Go look at the language of contracts and some of it is only guaranteed if the player is hurt. If they get cut then they don't see a dime of that money. Some of it is only guaranteed if the player is still signed through a certain date. So like for the Broncos this year signing Aqib Talib. If he is still on the roster on the 3rd day of the league year then his contract for that year becomes guaranteed no matter what. If they cut him before that day though he gets none of that and the only cap hit against the Broncos is for the signing bonus which really isn't that high as the Broncos don't like to have chances of lots of dead money. Most NFL contracts these days are being formed this way.

So for Lynch nothing is actually guaranteed of money for him next year. Now yes he carries a $1.5 million dead money hit against the team but that is money he has already been paid. He has no new money guaranteed to hit his pockets for next season.

CD, wake up. How is guaranteed money not a guarantee?
If a player signs a $60M contract with $28M signing bonus, the $28 is the guarantee. That cannot be taken away unless by possible league violations akin to Aaron Hernendez.

Let me ask you this, what would be Seattle's motivation to release Lynch if he is steadfast in remaining a holdout to the point of retiring?

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Gannon-Luck comparison is pretty accurate, actually. Gannon had a lot of talent around him at the end of his career so it'll be curious to see if Luck ever gets that talent, too. I got to see a lot of Gannon back in the day because I know a lot of Chiefs fans.

Wilson is good at everything except for taking sacks. I think this will be the year where we judge him on that one, though. Its also hard to separate Wilson taking a sack from the oline giving up a sack but he gets sacked more often than anyone else per dropback with an adjust sack rate of 9.6% according to Football Outsiders

Nice use of a corroborating source, Clayton. :clap:

If you have an extra 10 minutes and want to check out a pretty quality comparison without breaking my arm patting myself on the back, here's pg 29 and how good Gannon was for the Raiders. sorry, split, but you'll just have to pass on bye.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...ion/153850-who-will-win-nfc-west-year-29.html PG 29 - Video and write up of Gannon vs Luck with slight Wilson angle.

I think comparisons are interesting and educational myself and this has uncanny resemblance. :nod:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD, wake up. How is guaranteed money not a guarantee?
If a player signs a $60M contract with $28M signing bonus, the $28 is the guarantee. That cannot be taken away unless by possible league violations akin to Aaron Hernendez.

Let me ask you this, what would be Seattle's motivation to release Lynch if he is steadfast in remaining a holdout to the point of retiring?

Signing Bonus is only a part of guaranteed money in a contract talk. Yes that part no matter what is actually guaranteed. Now when they announce a contract though the guaranteed part of the contract that they mention is not always guaranteed...Let me just show you through one contract. For the Broncos everybody went batsh*t crazy with how much guaranteed money they signed Aqib Talib to.

What was reported was that he signed a 6-year $57 million contract with $26 million guaranteed. That last part of the $26 million is not accurate of what he for sure gets no matter what. The actual contract only guarantees him no matter $11.5 million. That includes his base salary this year, signing bonus, and $2 million roster bonus. The way they come up with that other number is they include the other guaranteed money parts that are only guaranteed if he is actually on the roster on that certain year. He has some language in the contract that if he is cut because of injury that he still gets the money but if it is because they just flat out cut him then the Broncos can actually walk away after year one only having paid him $11.5 million and taking a very low dead money hit. This is how contracts work now adays. They are making them more a year by year type contract that are very team friendly. When teams start signing players with very high signing bonus money then you know your team is screwed as they are committed to that player for years. This is why teams like Dallas got in so much trouble with the contract for Tony Romo. They can't walk away from him even if they wanted to.

See your confusion comes when you see the guaranteed part of the contract you automatically call it "Signing bonus money." That is not always true. There is a difference between Signing Bonus and actual guaranteed money.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Situational game factors
Situational game factors
Situational game factors
what a load of sports fan pseudo intellectual silliness LOL

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Situational game factors
Situational game factors
Situational game factors
what a load of sports fan pseudo intellectual silliness LOL

Right back at you...:nod:

Now if you want to discuss football, more specifically, who will win the NFC West; then I am all ears. In the meantime, I would tone it down with the passive-aggressive posts, it will catch up to you on here eventually.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get sucked in, split. While Gannon convo heated up because a Ram fan did the 'ol :gaah: sign when talking about Qb's like Luck and Wilson, you can't deny, if you looked at the you tube comparisons that it was SPOT on and reason ram couldn't respond. In fact, no one could refute and at least it was quality football. conversations will ebb and flow and won't just stay on NFCW topic.

I "split" from the Gannon convo on pg 29 and the next 14 pages were filled with non-football trash by Jackson, some bronco guys and multiple Seahawk fans.

The evaluation of Wilson has improved some convo but I wish there was more substantive conversation on here. I won't give up, yet, even in the off-season.

I disagree. There was more than just trash-talk. Some good posts thrown in the mix.

Just ignore it if you don't like it. There will never be a complete absence of trolls as long as people like rj and ukc exist.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right back at you...:nod:

Now if you want to discuss football, more specifically, who will win the NFC West; then I am all ears. In the meantime, I would tone it down with the passive-aggressive posts, it will catch up to you on here eventually.

what ever ?

everyone already knows the Seahawks/Niners get the first two spots and the Cards/Rams get the second two spots.
theres no great debatable mystery there so guys have fun with some back and forth.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand fully why they wouldn't pay him more than he is already making. They are playing hard ball and have every right to do that. I do think Carroll made a huge mistake making the comment about "honoring the contract" as it does seem to be causing some of the players to stand behind Lynch in this ordeal as it should. Players got hosed pretty bad in the last CBA and teams just don't seem to have any problem letting go of players with big contracts that are not quite living up to the contract. So I understand why players are fighting for every dollar that they can get. I understand both sides of the argument and this is one of those situations where both sides are justified in what they are doing. Unfortunately for Lynch he is the one losing out the most as he is losing money by the day. The team is losing out though in they will be missing a key player on a team loaded for another championship. Missing an All-Pro talent like Lynch could be the difference between another Super Bowl Win and an early exit to the season. Really that is his biggest leverage right now.

Now to NicktheGreek he is making a mistake in the immediate as he is being fined everyday he is gone. I don't know if he is missing out in the long run though as he is expected to be cut next season so him trying to get some money that can come next year as well could in the long run end up more overall money than what he would get if he decided to go ahead and play this year on the contract he has.

Honestly with the way his contract is written though the team could actually figure out a way to not only pay him a bit more this year with not really adding much of a cap hit plus be able to keep him next season (I would say he still has another good year in him after this one) without having to pay the huge cap hit. So essentially you are getting 2 years of service out of him with only adding a bit of money to this year but it balancing out for next season where he still plays but not at the huge Cap Hit that is expected.

This is you are confused.
Why do you consider this a huge mistake?

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. There was more than just trash-talk. Some good posts thrown in the mix.

Just ignore it if you don't like it. There will never be a complete absence of trolls as long as people like rj and ukc exist.

Ive hardly trolled at all. Its just because you are a Seattle fan and anything not pro-seahawks is trolling to you. In my opinion its been the Seattle fans doing all the trolling.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive hardly trolled at all. Its just because you are a Seattle fan and anything not pro-seahawks is trolling to you. In my opinion its been the Seattle fans doing all the trolling.

No it's you. Admit it you like stirring the shit, it's the reason you got banned from other sites.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what ever ?

everyone already knows the Seahawks/Niners get the first two spots and the Cards/Rams get the second two spots.
theres no great debatable mystery there so guys have fun with some back and forth.

I hardly think the Cardinals are a lock for third place or lower.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing Bonus is only a part of guaranteed money in a contract talk. Yes that part no matter what is actually guaranteed. Now when they announce a contract though the guaranteed part of the contract that they mention is not always guaranteed...Let me just show you through one contract. For the Broncos everybody went batsh*t crazy with how much guaranteed money they signed Aqib Talib to.

What was reported was that he signed a 6-year $57 million contract with $26 million guaranteed. That last part of the $26 million is not accurate of what he for sure gets no matter what. The actual contract only guarantees him no matter $11.5 million. That includes his base salary this year, signing bonus, and $2 million roster bonus. The way they come up with that other number is they include the other guaranteed money parts that are only guaranteed if he is actually on the roster on that certain year. He has some language in the contract that if he is cut because of injury that he still gets the money but if it is because they just flat out cut him then the Broncos can actually walk away after year one only having paid him $11.5 million and taking a very low dead money hit. This is how contracts work now adays. They are making them more a year by year type contract that are very team friendly. When teams start signing players with very high signing bonus money then you know your team is screwed as they are committed to that player for years. This is why teams like Dallas got in so much trouble with the contract for Tony Romo. They can't walk away from him even if they wanted to.

See your confusion comes when you see the guaranteed part of the contract you automatically call it "Signing bonus money." That is not always true. There is a difference between Signing Bonus and actual guaranteed money.

Sorry all know it all swami, but I am not confused.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Every team that tries to predict their record has the game vs us as a W.
Upsets happen weekly. The Raiders will have a nice Defense and beat team(s) from the NFCW. They aren't going 0-4 like everyone predicts. Some age but a great set of LB's and veterans to rush the QB. Can't lose Hayden, though. Mack will destroy Colin in our house before we rent from you and damage your turf.

:yahoo:
No way will the Raiders pull off a victory against any NFCW team this season. The bolded part better not happen. You guys are moving to Texas I heard.