• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will the Cowboys draft in the first round

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen will have to pry control of this team from Jerry's dead, lifeless fingers. He will never give up final say. Does he listen more to others and have others gained more power lately? Sure, but Stephen's biggest role is helping to convince Jerry to listen to those football people you referenced.

I think Stephen has pried away those first two or three fingers -- Jerry's grip is loosening. And the results the last few years are very encouraging. But as RWTD said, Stephen is happy to take the advice of his football guys.

Stephen's power is growing. If you let the media tell it, Stephen overruled Jerry on Manziel, and seemingly was the one making the decisions with Demarco Murray. I truly believe Stephen was the driving force between letting Ware go as well. Just earlier this off-season Jerry said that Mo Claiborne had done enough for the Cowboys to pick up his 5th year option -- Stephen came out a few days later and squashed that, if I recall correctly.

I'm not saying this is Stephen's team, but Jerry has ceded a lot of power to him already.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my RB should be there at round 2....Coleman was that impressive to me
I actually trust the cowboys and fully expect the brain trust will go the highest rated defensive player at Dline or DB from their board. Their board has been pretty good of late

Exception being Mo Cla. And did we really need Escobar and has he been worth the #2? But they have had their share of hits as well!!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exception being Mo Cla. And did we really need Escobar and has he been worth the #2? But they have had their share of hits as well!!
Well Sir...I did say "pretty good of late".

You may be right about Mo...I just have to see another season when he's healthy before I assume he's all bust material. Certainly not the results expected thus far

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't happen but could the team and Mo benefit by moving him to safety? I'm not ready to give up on him just yet either.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mo will have a pro bowl year next season. Sounds like a reach, but a couple of things..... Mo scored very poorly on his wonderlic, so picking up an NFL scheme would have to be a challenge. After Ryan left, he had to learn a radically different system, then had a new DC within the same scheme when Rod took over for Monte. He was banged up last year, and will come on healthy, with the same system and DC for the first time. Rods a Hell of a coach, maybe Mo plays fast this year

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mo will have a pro bowl year next season. Sounds like a reach, but a couple of things..... Mo scored very poorly on his wonderlic, so picking up an NFL scheme would have to be a challenge. After Ryan left, he had to learn a radically different system, then had a new DC within the same scheme when Rod took over for Monte. He was banged up last year, and will come on healthy, with the same system and DC for the first time. Rods a Hell of a coach, maybe Mo plays fast this year

I've been secretly thinking this as well. High hopes for sure with this guy, I'm not ready to crucify him. It would also be huge for the team as a whole if he could become a legitimate top 2 corner.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Sir...I did say "pretty good of late".

You may be right about Mo...I just have to see another season when he's healthy before I assume he's all bust material. Certainly not the results expected thus far

Sorry if it didn't come through but I completely agree with your assessment. :suds:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are so many people thinking Claiborne is going to all of the sudden be a star? Ive heard multiple people say they think he is going to go from a bad player to superstar. I dont get it. Its hard drafting players and Dallas has been MONEY lately. DB's are extremely hard to draft because the difference between the pro game and college game is EXTREMELY different. QBs have the biggest leap to make but CB's are 2nd. Dude is just a bust. It happens but its rare for a guy to suck for 3 years then BOOM all of the sudden be a pro bowler.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are so many people thinking Claiborne is going to all of the sudden be a star? Ive heard multiple people say they think he is going to go from a bad player to superstar. I dont get it.

WHO?
UK said he MIGHT make Pro Bowl...and based a lot on the coach...which isn't off the charts.
Who else you got calling him a star?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't happen but could the team and Mo benefit by moving him to safety? I'm not ready to give up on him just yet either.

No. Safeties need to be good tacklers. The idea that you take CBs and just move them to safeties doesn't work too often. Plus it's different in coverage. A lot of times even when your corners are in man your safeties are still in zone and Mo hasn't excelled in zone. Plus you want you safety to have better skills while the ball is in the air. A lot of times your corner is worried about coverage and doesn't have an opportunity to locate the ball, but your safety is in deep coverage and you want him to have the instincts to break on the ball and the open man. Mo has yet to show those instincts. I think his best position is man corner, but who knows

nutz6977

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Safeties need to be good tacklers. The idea that you take CBs and just move them to safeties doesn't work too often. Plus it's different in coverage. A lot of times even when your corners are in man your safeties are still in zone and Mo hasn't excelled in zone. Plus you want you safety to have better skills while the ball is in the air. A lot of times your corner is worried about coverage and doesn't have an opportunity to locate the ball, but your safety is in deep coverage and you want him to have the instincts to break on the ball and the open man. Mo has yet to show those instincts. I think his best position is man corner, but who knows

I agree with this. Our corners biggest problem are that they are man coverage corners and with the defense being in the shape it has been in the last few years we end up in a lot of zone coverage situations. A good pass rusher should help with this. Same thing with Revis in Tampa. If we plan on running a lot of zone coverage then it is time to look for other CB's. You have got to game plan to your players strengths.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus peters,? Not sure about him. He looks like a better prospect than clayburn but that ain't saying much. It would be real hard to pass on Dupree or Omigidueazo if one of them falls. We need better pass rushers and these two guys are fast and have good motors. Leaning towards the kid from ucla

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. Our corners biggest problem are that they are man coverage corners and with the defense being in the shape it has been in the last few years we end up in a lot of zone coverage situations. A good pass rusher should help with this. Same thing with Revis in Tampa. If we plan on running a lot of zone coverage then it is time to look for other CB's. You have got to game plan to your players strengths.
Exactly right. It looks to me like the defensive backs that are stronger in zone and are better tacklers are falling in the middle of this draft, which might mean a lean to the front 7 and possibly RB in the first couple of rounds for Dallas

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus peters,? Not sure about him. He looks like a better prospect than clayburn but that ain't saying much. It would be real hard to pass on Dupree or Omigidueazo if one of them falls. We need better pass rushers and these two guys are fast and have good motors. Leaning towards the kid from ucla
Dupree's teammate, Za'Darius Smith is gonna be a star in my opinion, even better than Dupree. Kid is relentless, was defensive MVP of the East/West game, was unblockable at Sr Bowl practices.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mo will have a pro bowl year next season. Sounds like a reach, but a couple of things..... Mo scored very please

oorly on his wonderlic, so picking up an NFL scheme would have to be a challenge. After Ryan left, he had to learn a radically different system, then had a new DC within the same scheme when Rod took over for Monte. He was banged up last year, and will come on healthy, with the same system and DC for the first time. Rods a Hell of a coach, maybe Mo plays fast this year

Mo to the pro bowl now??:L

...and you base this "theory" on complete fantasy? Mo is a bust and won't be back next season (2016). Too brittle.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mo to the pro bowl now??:L
I think he could, yeah. Haven't given up on the kid. There were 31 other teams that would have taken him in the top 10, talent isn't the issue. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Rod gets it out of him.
I think it's a Hell of a lot more realistic than the Cowboys trading for AP Greg :pound:

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are gonna need a RB, but whether they go first round or later depends on whether there is a run on the position or not IMO. If gordon and gurley are gone by their first round pick, they might have to spring for coleman. If it looks like no one is going to draft RBs till later, they can wait till the 2nd to get one.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been one of Mo Claiborne's biggest critic, so maybe I am a little jaded, but I have zero faith in this guy being anything other than a liability. I'm not sure what more he has to show you guys to prove to you that he can't play at this level. The physical talent may be there but the mental side is not. Couple that with a piss poor attitude and a sense of entitlement, you end up with a guy who isn't worth a roster spot. The guy just doesn't want it bad enough IMO. He puts very little effort into his rehab, and this has been an ongoing issue over the past three off seasons. He is going to miss camp, yet again. I have not seen one play from Claiborne in his 3 years in Dallas that made me say "WOW, this guy was worth a top 10 pick". Not one. This guy needs a change of scenery, at the very least.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are gonna need a RB, but whether they go first round or later depends on whether there is a run on the position or not IMO. If gordon and gurley are gone by their first round pick, they might have to spring for coleman. If it looks like no one is going to draft RBs till later, they can wait till the 2nd to get one.
It'll be interesting to see how the draft falls for Dallas. Gurley and Gordon could well be gone by 27, and I doubt Coleman makes it to the end of the 2nd, so the Cowboys may have a decision to make there.

I really like Michael Bennett out of OSU as a 3T. Crawford did fine there last year, but if I were the Cowboys, I wouldn't let that stop me on this kid

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's true...can't make plays unless you're on the field. Mo needs to play for any shot at staying in Dallas beyond this coming season....which is my point, cut him or not it's the same cap it. I think he's given every opportunity and pretty sure Dallas's brain trust views it the same way. I also think the brain trust is seeing more than "very little effort onto his rehab." I don't think the wisdom at VR is that outta sorts with their players.