• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will the Cowboys draft in the first round

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, Dallas can afford to wait on a RB. I just think if Gurley or Gordon are there in the first Jerry won't be able to resist. Coleman would be a great get in the second too. I also wouldn't mind Ajayi from Boise State.

This draft has good depth in the places Dallas needs it -- minus CB.

The main reason I'm guessing that doesn't happen is that if we really were that concerned with RB we would have just signed Murray. I think there is a chance we love one of those guys and jump on him in the first, but I just feel like we are more likely to go another route. If you like a pass rusher or Corner you need to take him. If you like a RB sometimes you get lucky and he falls anotehr round or a different guy you like almost as much is still available later.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main reason I'm guessing that doesn't happen is that if we really were that concerned with RB we would have just signed Murray. I think there is a chance we love one of those guys and jump on him in the first, but I just feel like we are more likely to go another route. If you like a pass rusher or Corner you need to take him. If you like a RB sometimes you get lucky and he falls anotehr round or a different guy you like almost as much is still available later.

For the record, this would be my ideal...

1st: DL/CB ( Get whichever represents the best value)
2nd: CB/DL (Get whichever you didn't get in the first round, assuming value is there)
3rd: RB
4th: BPA
5th: BPA
etc.

Jerry loves his offensive toys, though. That will trump all, I feel.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we need CB, DE and FS,....but this Landon Collins kid from Alabama is going to be a superstar SS IMO. I wouldn't hesitate if he were still there

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, Dallas can afford to wait on a RB. I just think if Gurley or Gordon are there in the first Jerry won't be able to resist. Coleman would be a great get in the second too. I also wouldn't mind Ajayi from Boise State.

This draft has good depth in the places Dallas needs it -- minus CB.

it appears that Stephen is the one making the calls now. but with that i don't agree that the cowboys can afford to wait on a RB, if Gurley or Gordon is there at #27 Stephen will make the call on getting them. going into the season with McFadden, Williams, Randle and a 3rd or 4th round RB isn't going to cut it and we'll end up with Romo trying to make things happen and going back to the throw first mentality.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys really think that Stephen is making these personnel decisions? I don't see anyway that is even remotely possible. He knows no more than Jerry; just is a little less impulsive and probably a little more sober. It's Garrett, McClay and the coaches and Jerry still has the final stay and won't give that up. All Stephen is doing is agreeing with the guys that know what they are talking about and helping to sway Jerry into doing the same. I do however think that Jerry is more likely to agree with hte "smart guys" when Stephen is on the other side

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys really think that Stephen is making these personnel decisions? I don't see anyway that is even remotely possible. He knows no more than Jerry; just is a little less impulsive and probably a little more sober. It's Garrett, McClay and the coaches and Jerry still has the final stay and won't give that up. All Stephen is doing is agreeing with the guys that know what they are talking about and helping to sway Jerry into doing the same. I do however think that Jerry is more likely to agree with hte "smart guys" when Stephen is on the other side
I think it's McClay. He had to be producing solid opinions for Jerry to promote him, and his first year in his new position netted Jerry Exec of the Year

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stephen has a lot more influence than most think. I think he is in control of the cap -- and everything that entails I think he has a major say in.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stephen has a lot more influence than most think. I think he is in control of the cap -- and everything that entails I think he has a major say in.

I think he is very involved with the Cap too and good at structuring things in a way that they use to their advantage. I'm not saying he isn't involved. I'm just saying he's not calling the shots and he's not picking talent.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like father like son.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Stephen seems to be a bit more competent. I have a lot of faith in Stephen. Always have, for some reason....

Stephens best quality is that evey decision HE makes is a decision Jerry doesn't...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephens best quality is that evey decision HE makes is a decision Jerry doesn't...

Good enough for me. I think Stephen gets discredited far too much -- for no other reason than being Jerry's son.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardy signing just may change things a bit

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters comes with character issues. Hardy, Dez, possibly McClain, are JG and the gang capable of maintaining order with all of them?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps "Gang" was the right choice of words...At least we aren't soft any more...

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trae Waynes is who I'd like to get, he' be gone unless we trade up. I'm going with M. Gordon

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do think Steven has taken control of the team, but he listens to his football people. Jerry's rolls are now the mouth piece and contract signing aide. The good thing this far is the organization is willing to give Jerry all the credit his ego desires.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen will have to pry control of this team from Jerry's dead, lifeless fingers. He will never give up final say. Does he listen more to others and have others gained more power lately? Sure, but Stephen's biggest role is helping to convince Jerry to listen to those football people you referenced.