• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will be Bronco 1st year pro-bowlers?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year the Broncos had zero players make the Pro Bowl. Wilson, Simmons and Gordon have been pro bowlers already. Which Broncos will become pro bowlers next season?

Candidates:

Bolles
J. Williams
Chubb
PS2
Sutton
Josey Jewell
Dre'Mont Jones
Randy Gregory

Thoughts?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sutton has as good a chance as any. Pro Bowl selections are usually a process. A player may deserve it this year, but if he wasn’t in the running last year (or previously) the chances aren’t great he will be selected this year. I think Sutton came close before, so if he has a big year I think he could get in.

For the same reason, I think PS2 will get in the following year. He’ll be great this year and build his reputation to be selected the following year - and a bunch of years after that!

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "lag" sucks, but if they continue on the same trajectory I say locks are PS2 and J Williams.

High probability is Sutton and Wilson.

Have to have great starts and a great team win loss record: Dre Jones and Gregory.

I'll throw either of our TE's into the latter category as well.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how Simmons got voted as the best safety in football by NFL personnel, but didn't make the Pro Bowl. Honestly a ton of guys should be making it this year if Wilson lives up to the hype. Winning teams always get the Pro Bowl bump in votes. So I could see Sutton, PS2, Bolles, and Dre'Mont Jones all making that leap this year. IF I had to rank those 4 I would go

1) PS2--He is getting a ton of hype this offseason that even the casual fan is starting to hear about him on a semi-regular basis
2) Sutton--Having his first QB that can actually get him the ball I could see him putting up a monster season.
3) Dre-Mont--Sacks are what sell people on voting for interior guys and I could see him getting into the double digit sack conversation this year
4) Bolles--So many great LT's in the league right now. I do worry about Bolles and his holding habits when you have a QB that likes to run around some.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J Williams, PS2 and Dre'Monte with PS2 as a lock. Sutton could sneak in but the Broncos will spread the ball out a lot this year which could lower his numbers and that is how WR get in.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J Williams, PS2 and Dre'Monte with PS2 as a lock. Sutton could sneak in but the Broncos will spread the ball out a lot this year which could lower his numbers and that is how WR get in.
Sutton to me has the toughest competition. So many great WR's in the league right now. There were 26 players that had 1,000 yards receiving last season (some were TE's). So my guess is he would have to put up close to 1,400 yards and 10 TD's if he really wants to get recognized for the Pro Bowl.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeudy has a shot.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeudy has a shot.
I don't know why but I am not in on the Jeudy hype. I really hope he puts it all together and shows why he was such a coveted talent, but I am doubting he will. Can't really put my finger on it other than I thought even with the subpar QB play he would have shown more than he has by now.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why but I am not in on the Jeudy hype. I really hope he puts it all together and shows why he was such a coveted talent, but I am doubting he will. Can't really put my finger on it other than I thought even with the subpar QB play he would have shown more than he has by now.

I'm not sure he can put up the TD's needed to reach that super star level. His game does not translate well around the goal line with a QB like Wilson. I think Jeudy could be a 1,200 yard kind of guy but more in the 3-5 TD range and will probably be on the outside looking in when it comes to the Pro Bowl. He does have one thing working in his favor over Sutton in he was a 1st round pick and more known nationally of the two. So Sutton could outplay him and still see Jeudy get the votes.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeudy should score more with Wilson able to throw a nice deep ball. I get not being as effective in the red zone but Hamler and Jeudy should be able to score on some big plays this year. Much like Tyler Lockett, Freddie Swain, Doug Baldwin did in Seattle under Wilson.

Jeudy could be Wilson's Doug Baldwin and Hamler his Tyler Lockett.

Patrick his Jermaine Kearse and Sutton his DK Metcalf.

I know all of that isn't going to happen in the same year but I just think those are some of the things we could look forward to with Wilson as our QB. Patrick is probably better then Kearse in terms of dependability and not all these guys are going to put up those prime numbers in one season but I think we will see some of them be similar to those comparisons assuming Russ is still in his prime which you would think he is at his age.

The opportunity is going to be there for a guy like Jeudy to be similar to what Doug Baldwin was in Seattle. Now we find out if he can go out and get it.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeudy should score more with Wilson able to throw a nice deep ball. I get not being as effective in the red zone but Hamler and Jeudy should be able to score on some big plays this year. Much like Tyler Lockett, Freddie Swain, Doug Baldwin did in Seattle under Wilson.

I know all of that isn't going to happen in the same year but I just think those are some of the things we could look forward to with Wilson as our QB. Patrick is probably better then Kearse in terms of dependability and not all these guys are going to put up those prime numbers in one season but I think we will see some of them be similar to those comparisons assuming Russ is still in his prime which you would think he is at his age.

The opportunity is going to be there for a guy like Jeudy to be similar to what Doug Baldwin was in Seattle. Now we find out if he can go out and get it.
Time for Juedy to put up or sit down. There are plenty of reasons to suggest he's ready to excel but he needs to prove it over time.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah there were positive signs this camp. If he makes the Pro Bowl Denver will be a very good team. That is what I am counting on. :-)
That would be a huge leap for him. Would be nice. I do think he will show his dependability this year... Become more consistent etc.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would still put Jeudy most years in the 4-6 TD range. He might have a break out year, but consistently even with Wilson that seems to be the area for receivers like him with Wilson. You compared him to Baldwin and Baldwin spent most of his career even with Wilson finishing in that kind of area. He had one huge year with 14 for some reason, but then regressed back towards the norm the next season.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would still put Jeudy most years in the 4-6 TD range. He might have a break out year, but consistently even with Wilson that seems to be the area for receivers like him with Wilson. You compared him to Baldwin and Baldwin spent most of his career even with Wilson finishing in that kind of area. He had one huge year with 14 for some reason, but then regressed back towards the norm the next season.
I remember that 93 yard TD he had. You might be selling him a little short on those TDs. Russ ain't no Teddy

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would peak him out at more then 4. 4 is pretty low for a #2 (potentially #2) WR in a Russell Wilson led offense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that 93 yard TD he had. You might be selling him a little short on those TDs. Russ ain't no Teddy

I might be selling him a bit short. I just see a bunch of TD eating guys on this roster with Sutton, Patrick, Albert O, and even 2 RB's that can be used quite a bit to score on the goal line. So a lot of Jeudy's TD's won't be those quick hitters in the RZ like we saw with Wes Welker when Manning was throwing to him out of the slot and getting him 10 TD's a year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would peak him out at more then 4. 4 is pretty low for a #2 (potentially #2) WR in a Russell Wilson led offense.

And maybe I am. I just want to see it with Jeudy. I never viewed his value as a receiver for getting TD's anyway though. So I can still view him as a successful guy only getting 5 TD's a year as long as he is that huge 3rd down threat that keeps drives going and makes teams have to respect every inch of the field.

I might also still be bitter that the Broncos passed on my favorite receiver in that draft in Lamb.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And maybe I am. I just want to see it with Jeudy. I never viewed his value as a receiver for getting TD's anyway though. So I can still view him as a successful guy only getting 5 TD's a year as long as he is that huge 3rd down threat that keeps drives going and makes teams have to respect every inch of the field.

I might also still be bitter that the Broncos passed on my favorite receiver in that draft in Lamb.

Agree- I don't see Jeudy as a huge TD guy. I do think with Wilson though we could see 3 WR's with a decent TD total. Jeudy was great at scoring on the deep pass in Alabama which I know it is college but I think Wilson will hit him and Hamler much like Lockett and Baldwin.. Jeudy really runs solid routes much like Doug Baldwin did in the NFL.