• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is your 2nd rd. favorite?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We actively ahopping our 5th as well. Seems not too many teams like to trade with us. Or we just happen to be indoors where teams don't feel the need to trade up to.

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jets are trying to move up from 39th to take geno smith. Doubt geno falls past both jax and philly.

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I would love to move down a few spots and still land Hunter then with a few extra picks, trade up again and pick up Warford at G. I've been hearing Nassib is getting a lot of attention.

Hunter & Warford would be a nice offensive haul. It would certainly make Staffard & Bush happy. If (this is a big if) Riley Reiff is capable of being our LT our offense would be completely set with the addition of Hunter & Worford. I'd be very happy with this.

However, if given a choice I would prefer a haul of Arthur Brown & Barrett Jones. I like the versatility of Jones playing RG this year and then taking over for Raiola at C next year. And I think Brown would address our single greatest need right now - middle of the field tackling. As great as it would be to get another stud receiver to pair with Megatron, I think it is even more important to get a stud LB.

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If Justin Hunter is still available, I think the Lions have to take him. He instantly takes the offense up another notch and make Nate a third receiver.

I disagree that they would "have" to take him. I would certainly understand the pick and (I can't believe I'm saying this) maybe even be a tiny bit excited at the idea of FINALLY finding a #2 WR to pair with Calvin Johnson. At least all the 2nd round picks on WR's would finally stop for about 10 years!!!

Justin Hunter has no bust risk associated with him. I know you shouldn't say that about anyone, especially someone that wasn't drafted in the first round. If he was that great why wasn't he draft last night right? Good point. But I just see him at the very least being a solid #2 WR for several years. And at the most being a star, giving the Lions the best WR duo in all of football!!

However, with all of that said, Justin Hunter is still not my first choice. I could talk myself into being excited, but I STILL think our need for another LB is BY FAR the most important need left on the team right now.

#2 WR's aren't hard to find (except for the Lions apparently), we could get a decent WR in the 5th round or in free agency. Or wait until next year. Burleson is sufficient for now.

Here is my pecking order for pick #36

1. trade down - this is best case scenario. To get an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick would be epic!!!

2. Arthur Brown (LB) - I would throw a huge party tonight!!

3. Justin Hunter (WR) what is WRONG with me!!! :)

4. Larry Warford (RG) - would be a huge boost to the interior OL and make Staff & Bush very happy.

5. Jamar Taylor (CB) - makes me nervous to take another Boise State player in the 2nd round after the Titus Young disaster. But this kid seems to have a better head on his shoulders. I don't trust any of our CB draft picks from last year.

6. BPA - if Mayhew goes strictly off his BPA board and ignore need my darkhorse picks are:

Damontre Moore
Tank Carradine
Jonathan Cyprien

The first two would be EXTREMELY RISKY. Especially considering Ansaw was a risky pick. Moore could easily be a bust and is very raw. Carradine is coming off an injury. But I would at least appreciate the emphasis on pass rushing. The upside for our DE's would be tremendous.

Cyprien is awesome. But we don't have a need for him to start right now. But I like the player.

The player I DON'T want: Menelik Watson (OT) -

I don't like this pick because I see him as a RT and we already have a ton of potential starting RT's (Hilliard, Fox, Reiff). There are no OT's left that I think are safe LT prospects.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenan Allen is my first choice.

I would be happy with Arthur Brown, Menelik Watson, or Cyprien

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
quick question -- i keep hearing people talking about drafting a safety. why would we want to take another safety? we signed Quin and Delmas, as well as have Speivey and Don Carey as competent backups.

i've read how we can move Quin to the nickel and put Cyprien at Safety on certain downs, but why wouldn't we just draft a CB to use in the Nickel or use one of the 3 CBs everyone has talked about that we drafted last year?

I agree. If you need a corner aquire a cor.ner.

I don't know if we need a corner more than other positions, but Amerson has good size (6'3") and that can't be said for Houston, Bentley, or Jonte. He is widely regarded as a second rounder. It would put the Lions in a position to use different style CBs to get good matchups.

OLB, OL, and WR are needs, but looking at best available at corner I like Amerson.

black_magic

Mass Debater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
amerson will drop to the 3rd round. Or my name isnt black magic. He was atrocious as a senior, after having an outstanding junior year.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if we need a corner more than other positions, but Amerson has good size (6'3") and that can't be said for Houston, Bentley, or Jonte.

Jonte Green is 6'0" and 190 lbs... that's good size for a CB...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonte Green is 6'0" and 190 lbs... that's good size for a CB...

Unless you want to play for Seattle then your midget and small.....Just poking the bear here.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna have to start calling him brown_magic...

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timmy from "Rules of Engagement" is the coolest DOT! indian on TV.......Close second is APU from the Simpsons.....

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timmy from "Rules of Engagement" is the coolest DOT! indian on TV.......Close second is APU from the Simpsons.....

I was always partial to the Indian crying in front of a dump in the don't litter commercials but I am dating myself.

Johnnny Depp in The Lone Ranger may be a great Indian!