• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is the best running back of the 3?

Who is the best running back of the 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GOAT, best, I agree...especially GOAT because eras have changed a lot and even with 40+ yrs of watching sports...I haven't seen them all.
Best of eras, I can see because you can compile stats to see who maintained production over time, but singleness seasons us unfair becsuse in this case Zeke downgraded because of his line, and we have no clue if he'd match the other two it teams were swapped.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best of eras, I can see because you can compile stats to see who maintained production over time, but singleness seasons us unfair becsuse in this case Zeke downgraded because of his line, and we have no clue if he'd match the other two it teams were swapped.

Best of eras, yeah I can buy that, but crossing eras is typically where I get lost and steer my bias towards the era that I liked best (70s/80s). QB and stats are extremely unfair to the older guys....I mean Brees is a good QB, a great QB (in this era), but he's not in my top 10 all time.

RB is a very instinctive position which is why top rookies can typically come in a perform well early...it's stuff like pass protection, durability, passing game that tilts it one direction or another...with Elliott...we'll know a lot more next year after teams have seen him up close...know his speed and strength, particular in DIV. I know I like what I see right now.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best of eras, yeah I can buy that, but crossing eras is typically where I get lost and steer my bias towards the era that I liked best (70s/80s). QB and stats are extremely unfair to the older guys....I mean Brees is a good QB, a great QB (in this era), but he's not in my top 10 all time.

RB is a very instinctive position which is why top rookies can typically come in a perform well early...it's stuff like pass protection, durability, passing game that tilts it one direction or another...with Elliott...we'll know a lot more next year after teams have seen him up close...know his speed and strength, particular in DIV. I know I like what I see right now.
we've had these discussions on the cowboys board concerning Staubach, Aikman, and Romo way too often. I'm not alone in saying the game has changed way too much to compare the three, yet there are TWO who insist Romo is the best in Cowboys hustory. Id loce to see Roger play under today's rules.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Behind an average Oline I have to go with Shady just because he proves weekly he can. Chances are Zeke could run behind anyone but that's yet to be seen.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy and it's not even close.

McCoy has a tremendous ability to make defenders miss due to stutter stepping. In the same league as Lynch had at plowing people over.

Murray is easily the most overrated RB of the lot. Elliott is overrated as well. He just has the #1 line plowing the way for him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best back in the NFL (and IMO by a lot) is Bell. Second best is Elliott. The idea he is only successful is because of his line is dumb. I'm not sure Murray and McCoy are too close right now. So Elliott in this poll

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt say stupid but you have a short window with him. Like I said most last only 5-7 years. Thats the risk of RBs. Do you take Ramsey who can give you 7-12 years at CB or a RB for 5-7 years. That was a tough call for Dallas. They picked the RB.
At the time I wanted Ramsey. If we re-drafted today...Elliott and not even close.

Anyone mention Elliott's blocking yet?

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to anoint one RB over another, but seeing Murray racking up yards again, will any established FA RB ever sign with a Chip Kelly ran team again? Hyde's under 4 yards per carry in SF.​

I can't put that on Chip because I don't think Hyde is all that talented of a back. The other two, absolutely.