• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is having the better season - Anderson or Abreu?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the MLB Quick Pitch show last night, they nailed down the top 3 candidates for MVP:

Nelson Cruz
Tim Anderson
Jose Abreu

I'm beginning to wonder if TA and Jose will cancel each other out and allow Cruz to slip in there with the award. Don't get me wrong, Cruz is having a solid year by any measurement. He leads the AL in OPS and unlike the duel worthiness our two guys, Cruz is the unquestioned offensive leader on his team. But his BA is smaller than both of our guys, as is his WAR. To me the top two candidates are definitely Anderson and Abreu, with Cruz a not-too-distant 3rd. Yet the possibility of our two cancelling each other out is a distinct possibility.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the MLB Quick Pitch show last night, they nailed down the top 3 candidates for MVP:

Nelson Cruz
Tim Anderson
Jose Abreu

I'm beginning to wonder if TA and Jose will cancel each other out and allow Cruz to slip in there with the award. Don't get me wrong, Cruz is having a solid year by any measurement. He leads the AL in OPS and unlike the duel worthiness our two guys, Cruz is the unquestioned offensive leader on his team. But his BA is smaller than both of our guys, as is his WAR. To me the top two candidates are definitely Anderson and Abreu, with Cruz a not-too-distant 3rd. Yet the possibility of our two cancelling each other out is a distinct possibility.

Vote splitting would be an exposure for a White Sox to win this award, but if the Sox win the World Series - they will not be giving the MVP to Cruz. :) Problem solved. ;)

There is a component to the voting that weighs toward team success.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vote splitting would be an exposure for a White Sox to win this award, but if the Sox win the World Series - they will not be giving the MVP to Cruz. :) Problem solved. ;)

There is a component to the voting that weighs toward team success.
Mingo, unless they changed the rules for this wacked out season, voting for the various awards has always taken place before the playoffs commence. I know in the past a lot of fans and sports writers use to complain that the votes should be held only after the complete season, including the playoffs, have come to a close. It's a sentiment that I happen to share. So has anything changed so that they now include the playoffs before voting?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mingo, unless they changed the rules for this wacked out season, voting for the various awards has always taken place before the playoffs commence. I know in the past a lot of fans and sports writers use to complain that the votes should be held only after the complete season, including the playoffs, have come to a close. It's a sentiment that I happen to share. So has anything changed so that they now include the playoffs before voting?
OK - I'll rephrase - if the Sox win the Division by 5 or more games over the Twins - Cruz will not win the MVP. Especially if the Twins finish 3rd - because MVP is more than who had the individual best season (Mike Trout).

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK - I'll rephrase - if the Sox win the Division by 5 or more games over the Twins - Cruz will not win the MVP. Especially if the Twins finish 3rd - because MVP is more than who had the individual best season (Mike Trout).
I'll go you one better amigo............The MVP Award WILL go to either Abreu or Anderson - better yet, Co-MVPs!!!!!! Woot!!!!

Yeah, I know, it's wishful thinking at this point, but with the season the team is having and with those two being the primary straws stirring the drink, it's just gotta happen!!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't one of the three leading candidates for the MVP on the show the other night, but watch out for the Yankees Luke Voit. The dude is coming on like a runaway train. Leads the league in dingers and is now 2nd only to Abreu in ribbies. Oh, and all of a sudden LeMahieu has caught up to TA with a .373 BA.