• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is having the better season - Anderson or Abreu?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to go with Abreu on that one. It is not an easy question to decide.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both having great seasons. Abreu gets the nod for me at the moment. Leads the league in RBI. Twenty game hit streak.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One's having a great season, the other's having a greater..........you decide.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s an odd way of spelling Abreu.
Hahaha!! Yeah, I think most observers would say of the two Abreu is having the better season. But that's simply a way of comparing between great and greater when it comes to how these TA and Abreu are each having incredible seasons.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abreu has the higher WAR. So, I'll go with him.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great problem to have.

If it was for the league MVP - wouldn't two candidates from the same team kind of cancel out the meaning of MVP?

Could someone show a little imagination in MLB and maybe get the 1 and 3 batters with the most runs scored and the most runs batted in - a Co-MVP entry from the White Sox? Both players are also playing a couple of standard deviations better in the field than their career stats would indicate.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly astonished that Abreu is playing so well. I don't know how he managed to wind the clock back to his rookie season, but it's been a revelation. I have no idea if it would have sustained for a full 162 game season, but it has for a 60 game season. Which is all that matters, at the moment.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it was for the league MVP - wouldn't two candidates from the same team kind of cancel out the meaning of MVP?

Could someone show a little imagination in MLB and maybe get the 1 and 3 batters with the most runs scored and the most runs batted in - a Co-MVP entry from the White Sox? Both players are also playing a couple of standard deviations better in the field than their career stats would indicate.

Both have actually been good defensively. Which is another surprise. I mean, TA will still have the occasional gaffe at SS (like yesterday charging that grounder) but I can live with that if he's going to contend for AL batting titles on an annual basis. lol. Plus, he is "better" at SS.

I don't know when Abreu became decent at 1B. Everything about that guy is shocking me this year. Is it because we have talent and he suddenly gives a shit? I don't know. lol. He went from being an average offensive 1B and below average defensive 1B. To being just a freakin stud.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

interesting. did you know that in 1959 nellie fox beat out the second place finisher by only 40 points? and that was luis aparicio? ok, maybe you knew that ... but did you know the third place finisher was only 32 points behind luis and that it was early wynn? so 3 top finishers all with the white sox!

it has happened twice before as well.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting. did you know that in 1959 nellie fox beat out the second place finisher by only 40 points? and that was luis aparicio? ok, maybe you knew that ... but did you know the third place finisher was only 32 points behind luis and that it was early wynn? so 3 top finishers all with the white sox!

it has happened twice before as well.

I did not know that. I do love your Billy Pierce tribute.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look...Anderson and Abreu are a'ight but we have two fairly determined elite players on this team. The other is named Giolito. And then a bunch of "look like they'll be elite but too early to say so or #arrogance"....The crazy thing? I actually think our other elite's backup is better than he is. lulz...We da juggernaut b*tches. This whole season is coming up White Sox. Hot damn what a time to be a fan.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look...Anderson and Abreu are a'ight but we have two fairly determined elite players on this team. The other is named Giolito. And then a bunch of "look like they'll be elite but too early to say so or #arrogance"....The crazy thing? I actually think our other elite's backup is better than he is. lulz...We da juggernaut b*tches. This whole season is coming up White Sox. Hot damn what a time to be a fan.

Giolito isn't quite elite yet. He has a chance to become that, though.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giolito isn't quite elite yet. He has a chance to become that, though.

Is your position that Grandal is the only currently elite player on this team?

do-not-want-2.jpg

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is your position that Grandal is the only currently elite player on this team?

do-not-want-2.jpg

Grandal is now slashing .257/.381/.445 (.816 OPS) while being elite in defensive runs saved, strikes saved, etc. What argument is there left, even? You certainly can't use the "wait and see" card. Remember, all that matters is what he's done in a Sox uniform? Your words. Notice how much praise our announcers (and also MLBN, if you watch) has been heaping upon him recently?

Hey, you created this fucked up world of ignoring sample sizes and "Derp. The announcers talk about him one way. Then, other players the other." So, live in it. Own it.

You are losing this in a massive, MASSIVE fashion. But you're welcome to keep your clown nose on. You sure like to go down with your ship. You once argued that a QB being able to consistently/accurately throw the ball 15+ yards downfield is irrelevant. So, I ain't shocked.

Abreu and Anderson are currently AL MVP candidates. So, uh, yeah. They're pretty elite - at least right now. Anderson has piled a breakout on top of last year's breakout.

Eloy and Robert are well on their way to being elite. While, Moncada was flirting with elite as a 3B last year, prior to this leg/Post COVID fatigue thing he's apparently dealing with.

Giolito could easily be elite, soon. However, are you actually asserting he is already among Scherzer, deGrom, a healthy Verlander, Cole, etc.? Come on, that is such a homer opinion. lol

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grandal is now slashing .257/.381/.445 (.816 OPS) while being elite in defensive runs saved, strikes saved, etc. What argument is there left, even? You certainly can't use the "wait and see" card. Remember, all that matters is what he's done in a Sox uniform? Your words.
He is good behind the plate.