• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

who is going to be the better WR in 2014?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's very hard to say because we are not sure were somne of these guys will end up but I wanted to see if anyone had an early opinion anyways. So on that note, who will be the productive wr in 2014?

Sammy Watkins
Cordarelle Patterson
Tavon Austin
Mike Evens
Marquise Lee

Even better please rank them if you have the time.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant who will be the most productive wr in this bunch? I say Patterson!

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rank them like this and I am probably the only one in here who will have Austin on the top of this list but here it is.

1. Cordarelle Patterson
2. Tavon Austin
3. Sammy Watkins
4. Mike Evens
5. Marquise Lee

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant this

1. Tavon Austin
2. Cordarelle Patterson
3. Sammy Watkins
4. Mike Evens
5. Marquise Lee

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year is hard to predict before the draft.

Longer term Evans will be the best receiver of the bunch.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year is hard to predict before the draft.

Longer term Evans will be the best receiver of the bunch.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corradelle would top this easily if Minnesota would get a decent QB.. But since they didn't. .Tavon takes the top spot.

As for your three rookies. .Obviously until we know what team they end up on, there's no point in even trying to speculate. Even the greatest rookie WR on a shitty passing team isn't going to produce.

But..Watkins is the only one that I'm really concerned with, unless one or both of the other two end up on high octane offenses.
Evans absolute best case scenario is to have a career that amounts to Keyshawn Johnson's. Worst case, he's another big Mike Williams. Basically the same for Lee, although 5 inches shorter. .so maybe Roy Williams is a better comparison.
Not at all excited, nor concerned with where they end up at.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys, Treff I particularly like your response and pretty much a agree 100 percent about Patterson and if he had a QB. Although JDM's response was interesting too about Evans. I do think he could end up being better that Watkins.

It's a tough question asked here, I probably should have asked the question: Which of these wrs will have the best chance to be great based on pure talent alone?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wording the question that way would only change Patterson and Tavon around.. The three rooks would stay the same.
The things that bug me about Evans; his lack of big league speed, his lack of experience, and that he played his entire college career with Johnny football. There's no real way to determine how much of his collegiate success is due to Manzell running around wrecking havoc on defensive schemes, and how much was due to Evans actually being that good. The fact he's projected to go anywhere from a top 20 pick to the middle of the 2nd rd. Tells me I'm not the only one. And I've seen far too many WR's who played with elite college QB's, who end up being straight up busts as high Draft picks to believe it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Manziel is considered draft able at all is undeniable proof Evans has by far the most talent in this draft.

Manziel has no talent whatsoever. He's every bit the joke Tebow was.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the real question we will find out eventually will be who made who?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Manziel is considered draft able at all is undeniable proof Evans has by far the most talent in this draft.

Manziel has no talent whatsoever. He's every bit the joke Tebow was.

There's undeniable proof of something in this statement. . I'll give ya that

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it depends where the 3 rookie Wrs go in the draft.. If Watkins ends up on a high powered offense like the Lions watch out!! But it seems everyone is sleeping on Marques Lee!! Coming into this year Watkins and Lee where neck and neck.. If Lee falls to a team like the Steelers I really like his upside.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it depends where the 3 rookie Wrs go in the draft.. If Watkins ends up on a high powered offense like the Lions watch out!! But it seems everyone is sleeping on Marques Lee!! Coming into this year Watkins and Lee where neck and neck.. If Lee falls to a team like the Steelers I really like his upside.

:agree:

But the Steelers seem to only be interested in Evans & Benjamin. They want a WR with size.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's very hard to say because we are not sure were somne of these guys will end up but I wanted to see if anyone had an early opinion anyways. So on that note, who will be the productive wr in 2014?

Sammy Watkins
Cordarelle Patterson
Tavon Austin
Mike Evens
Marquise Lee

Even better please rank them if you have the time.

Watkins
Evans
Patterson
Lee
Austin

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy Watkins
Tavon Austin
Cordarelle Patterson (if Minnesota gets a QB, bump up 2 spots)
Mike Evans
Marquise Lee

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who will be the productive wr in 2014? ...Even better please rank them if you have the time.

1) Cordarrelle Patterson - But the Vikes have a crappy QB, you say? What about the Browns' QB? Like the trio of Campbell, Hoyer and Weeden were any better? Just the fact that the Vikings have hired Norv Turner as their OC favors Patterson. Look what Turner did for Josh Gordon (1646 yds) who was catching everything thrown to him from those 3 stooges in the Dawg Pound.

2) Tavon Austin - A healthy Bradford is key. The floor could be 900+ yards, but I don't see him flirting past 1300. Not with Britt on the other side - and Britt may be the guy seeing single coverage.

3) Sammy Watkins; Mike Evans; Marquise Lee - call me when they get an NFL team. Can't get excited about rookies without a team. Can't get that excited about a rookie WR period. Although I must admit that last year's crop did decently. Just not as decently in the way they were taken:

Last year the top 8 WR taken (in order) were Austin, Hopkins, Patterson, Hunter, Woods, Dobson, Terrance Williams, and Keenan Allen. But they finished like this: Allen (1046 yards); Hopkins (802); Williams (736); Stills (641); Patterson (627); Woods (587); Dobson (519); and Hunter (354).

Hi guys!

Last edited by a moderator:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see ya Joe!

Always nice to be reminded just how silly rookie WR's who aren't Randy Moss, truly are in fantasy terms.
To add to your numbers. . Only Kennan Allen and Marlon Brown had more than 5 TD's too.
As to the Vikes QB, yes, I would take Campbell, and especially Hoyer, over Cassell. I do like the addition of Norv though

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Cordarrelle Patterson - But the Vikes have a crappy QB, you say? What about the Browns' QB? Like the trio of Campbell, Hoyer and Weeden were any better? Just the fact that the Vikings have hired Norv Turner as their OC favors Patterson. Look what Turner did for Josh Gordon (1646 yds) who was catching everything thrown to him from those 3 stooges in the Dawg Pound.

2) Tavon Austin - A healthy Bradford is key. The floor could be 900+ yards, but I don't see him flirting past 1300. Not with Britt on the other side - and Britt may be the guy seeing single coverage.

3) Sammy Watkins; Mike Evans; Marquise Lee - call me when they get an NFL team. Can't get excited about rookies without a team. Can't get that excited about a rookie WR period. Although I must admit that last year's crop did decently. Just not as decently in the way they were taken:

Last year the top 8 WR taken (in order) were Austin, Hopkins, Patterson, Hunter, Woods, Dobson, Terrance Williams, and Keenan Allen. But they finished like this: Allen (1046 yards); Hopkins (802); Williams (736); Stills (641); Patterson (627); Woods (587); Dobson (519); and Hunter (354).

Hi guys!

Good analysis Joe - - hard to get excited about any rookie WR until we know what offense they will be a part of - - - good to see you back on board !!!!