• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who gets Finals MVP?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To my thinking the Finals MVP is very much up for grabs. Who should get it if the Heat win? Who should get it if the Spurs win? My 2 leading candidates are Lebron for the Heat and Tony Parker for the Spurs. Without those 2 guys their teams don't even get here. Both have had their moments but no one has really dominated this series except Danny Green. Could Green win it with a good game tonight?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Spurs win it will probably be because Green went off shooting 37 for 20 again so I will Green, Duncan or Parker in that order.

Heat win it can be nobody but LBJ.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with BOT!! Heat win, Lebron is MVP!!

Spurs win and you can take your pick!! Duncan because of his defense and rebounding, Parker because of his offense and playing through the hamstring injury, Green for the record # of 3's?

Boris Diaw?:lol:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Parker will win it because he is a bigger name, and the NBA loves big names. I posed this question in a separate thread earlier in the series. Should Green be named Finals MVP? I think if he had a decent game in Game 6 and they would have won, he would have had a shot. Going 1-5 or whatever may have killed him. He would need to score 25+ tonight in a win to have a chance, but if he doesn't, it's Parker without a doubt.

For the Heat, obviously Lebron.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parker or James.

Green is a fluke, Parker is cold-blooded...that is why I choose Parker if SA wins

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To my thinking the Finals MVP is very much up for grabs. Who should get it if the Heat win? Who should get it if the Spurs win? My 2 leading candidates are Lebron for the Heat and Tony Parker for the Spurs. Without those 2 guys their teams don't even get here. Both have had their moments but no one has really dominated this series except Danny Green. Could Green win it with a good game tonight?

Hm, great question? Hmmm, I don't know. Gee, such a tough, tough question...I'll guess Lebron....It really doesn't matter how good or how shitty he plays, does it? The media loves the guy...

But is anyone more valuable in this series than Ray Allen? I know it's only 1 shot, but it's the shot that won the series.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hm, great question? Hmmm, I don't know. Gee, such a tough, tough question...I'll guess Lebron....It really doesn't matter how good or how shitty he plays, does it? The media loves the guy...

But is anyone more valuable in this series than Ray Allen? I know it's only 1 shot, but it's the shot that won the series.
You really must be mentally impaired. How is Lebron going to win it if the Heat lose? How in the hell can Ray win it off one shot that from my understanding kept them alive in game 6? I didnt notice them giving the Heat the trophy after that game. Do you even understand what they mean by MVP?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really must be mentally impaired. How is Lebron going to win it if the Heat lose? How in the hell can Ray win it off one shot that from my understanding kept them alive in game 6? I didnt notice them giving the Heat the trophy after that game. Do you even understand what they mean by MVP?

Don't you get it? Ray's 3 FGs in Game 6 won them the game. 9 points in 41 minutes is Finals MVP caliber. Haven't you learned yet?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly Lebron if the Heat win. Both Bosh and Wade haven't been good/consistent enough to win it.

I think it depends for San Antonio if they win based on who has the better game between Duncan and Parker. I think Danny Green is a longshot who would need one more incredible perimeter shooting performance to earn it.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron wins MVP either way. He will likely have another trip dub, making that four in this series alone.

How you like that?

It would be his third trip dub if he can do it tonight. Just getting two is really darn good.

I think Jerry West is the only player to get the Finals MVP award and play for the losing team. He averaged close to 40 PPG against Boston in the 1969 Finals. I don't think Lebron has put up crazy enough numbers to warrant the MVP if the Heat lose tonight.

Black Belt Disciple

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be his third trip dub if he can do it tonight. Just getting two is really darn good.

I think Jerry West is the only player to get the Finals MVP award and play for the losing team. He averaged close to 40 PPG against Boston in the 1969 Finals. I don't think Lebron has put up crazy enough numbers to warrant the MVP if the Heat lose tonight.

You're probably right. If Spurs win, I hope Duncan gets it since he will likely retire from basketball and cheating white women.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's happened before. And the way the media loves Lebron they'll probably vote for him regardless who wins. Regardless how crappy, he continues to play.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course Lebron hasn't put up crazy numbers...He's averaging 23 pts a game shooting 45 pct from the field. He's only shot 50 pct in 1 game. But that won't stop the media from giving him mvp. They give him everything else.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's happened before. And the way the media loves Lebron they'll probably vote for him regardless who wins. Regardless how crappy, he continues to play.
I doubt Lebron would get an MVP if the Heat lost. Be real. This isnt the era of Jerry West. You better be glad I cant reach through this computer and slap you in the back of your head for that dumb ass comment.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They probably felt sorry for Jerry West because his he lost like 6 straight Finals appearances. Ended up losing 8 of the 9 he played in.

I guess he's the ultimate choker in your book.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they changed the rules on who gets the Finals MVP. But if the Spurs win I'd have to actually go with Tim Duncan. He's been the only constant for the Spurs averaging 18.8 points, 12 RPG, 1.5 BPG and may actually be the sole reason why Lebron's struggled through spots in this series given his paint presence. However, if Parker or Green go off then it would go to one of them. Who here thought that we would consider Danny Green a Finals MVP candidate in game 7 of the Finals?

And ya, if the Heat win it's going to Lebron. Two triple doubles where you score 30+ PPG and averaging around 24PPG will get you the nod.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Sman, keeping it hilarious around every bend.