• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Do You Want ROS - 2023

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love when people dont read my posts....

My first comment after average joe posted was that i asked who were the other QBs....

He then told me that wasnt the QUESTION.... so i then responded... that it was a bad trade, but nothing EXTRA about it and that the complainer was being a baby...

then others comment to my comment about it being a bad trade... and i explain that... i even used the term GENERALLY, in my explanation...

I have never said anything more....

But it is also such a cop out, that we all do, to say LETS SEE THE future RESULTS to make an opinion about a trade you make today.... or a pick or whatever...

you can trade Mahomes for Howell today... that is a bad trade TODAY... no matter how you explain it... just because you may be right doesnt make it any worse of a trade today....

None of us can see the future...

It isn’t a cop out.

Respective values aren’t that far apart today.

Mahomes and Howell aren’t a reasonable comp.

Point is, unless it is egregious…

You know, like Mahomes for Howell…

Then you have to assume general competence of the individual owners in the league. They are making the trade that is in their best interest. I don’t have to see the roster to assume that.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn’t a cop out.

Respective values aren’t that far apart today.

Mahomes and Howell aren’t a reasonable comp.

Point is, unless it is egregious…

You know, like Mahomes for Howell…

Then you have to assume general competence of the individual owners in the league. They are making the trade that is in their best interest. I don’t have to see the roster to assume that.

so you cant have an opinion whether it was a good trade or not???

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you cant have an opinion whether it was a good trade or not???

You are free to your opinion. And I know you were asked for it here.

But I also know that you have a tendency to give unsolicited opinions regarding your valuation of trades, and that is not cool in a competitive league, IMO.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are free to your opinion. And I know you were asked for it here.

But I also know that you have a tendency to give unsolicited opinions regarding your valuation of trades, and that is not cool in a competitive league, IMO.

Nice jab!!! Thought you try to keep the high road.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
half ppr bench stash, who would you rather hold, can only pick 1:
Tank Dell
Ty Spears
Chubba Hubbard
Matt Breida
Jayden Reed

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
half ppr bench stash, who would you rather hold, can only pick 1:
Tank Dell
Ty Spears
Chubba Hubbard
Matt Breida
Jayden Reed
It really depends on your roster. If any of those backs cuffs one of your starters, then they go to the top of the list. Then, it's probably a player at the weaker position overall on your team between the RBs and WRs. I like Dell if it is a WR that you need. Breida if it is a RB and you need a starter for a few weeks (like, if you had Kamara or a knicked up RB like Ekeler) and Spears if you are looking at someone who could come on strong towards the end of the season.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another team dropped Roschon Johnson and I'm debating whether I should drop Antonio Gibson for him. Keep in mind I have Gibson as a handcuff for Brian Robinson Jr.

My other RBs are Miles Sanders, Gainwell, Spears, and Charbonnet so not a great RB group.

Zep

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another team dropped Roschon Johnson and I'm debating whether I should drop Antonio Gibson for him. Keep in mind I have Gibson as a handcuff for Brian Robinson Jr.

My other RBs are Miles Sanders, Gainwell, Spears, and Charbonnet so not a great RB group.

Zep

Yes, RJohnson has a chance to be the lead back in Chicago without an injury ahead of him, just based on talent

If BRobJr doesn't get hurt, Gibson is worthless. Riverboat Ron is leaning the other direction, and I'm not too sure he doesn't give their rookie the early down work vs Gibson if there's an injury

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this is needed, but here's a thread to discuss rest of season value when weighing roster decisions.

I went the route of top TE and or top QB in several drafts, so my WR room is thin, with the thought I can improve it in-season easier than the other spots.

12tm half ppr, rank these WRs for ROS value:
Bourne, Dotson, Kirk, Eli Moore
Moore, kirk, bourbe , dotson

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a half-PPR league, would you guys drop Christian Watson or either Tank Dell or Tutu Atwell?

I leaning yes (probably Atwell over Dell). Only thing giving me pause is Watson is talked about highly but the dude is just never healthy. I'm tired of waiting but I'm also hesitant that when I do drop him, he'll get healthy and live up to his hype.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a half-PPR league, would you guys drop Christian Watson or either Tank Dell or Tutu Atwell?

I leaning yes (probably Atwell over Dell). Only thing giving me pause is Watson is talked about highly but the dude is just never healthy. I'm tired of waiting but I'm also hesitant that when I do drop him, he'll get healthy and live up to his hype.

id say no... Tank dell had a big week... but he is the big play guy... not the down guy... Collins is still the number one there despite his not so good game...

And as for Atwell, once Kupp is back, that hole offense will change... PROBABLY...

when Watson comes back he should be back to the 1A or 1B...

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kupp is the reason it would be Atwell for me.