• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Do You Want ROS - 2023

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
]
That's not the question Milk.
The complaint isn't about his roster. It's the trade itself.

but don't good or bad trades depend on the rosters trading them??

but I guess to answer your question... you know the answer, your boy is a cry baby...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry @SmokingMonkey I thought I was on the Random FF thread....

the few times I've seen someone trade for a QB in a redraft league, I always feel like it is an overpay, but this seems right.
GWilson arrow has to, at best, be pointing slightly down with ZWilson taking back over at QB, more like pointing 45 degrees downward. This could be the best time to move him rest of season

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for you money leaguers...

Prologue
Started a free 12-team PPR redraft league at work. Everyone was made aware up front it was going to be free. About a week after the draft, 1 guy tried to make it a money league. The other 11 were fine with it as is (free) to "test the waters" shall we say of commitment from everyone.

Gist
One owner who had/lost Aaron Rodgers traded away Garrett Wilson for Trevor Lawrence.

The "lets-make-it-a-money-league" guy started posting how lopsided the trade was. Claiming "this trade would not have happened in a money league."

Question
So all you money leaguers? Is he correct?

No, he isn’t.

MBBRL is proof that you don’t need a money league for people to take it seriously.

In fact, for a lot of people, once their season starts going sideways they lose interest. Money or no. You just need 12 committed owners. I have found that money doesn’t make people take fantasy leagues more seriously. The best leagues I am in are all free.

Trevor Lawrence and the Jags offense look really good. If we are drafting today he is the 4th or 5th QB off the board.

Wilson on the other hand… his value takes an undeniable hit with Rodgers out.

I don’t think that deal is lopsided at all based on current information.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he isn’t.

MBBRL is proof that you don’t need a money league for people to take it seriously.

In fact, for a lot of people, once their season starts going sideways they lose interest. Money or no. You just need 12 committed owners. I have found that money doesn’t make people take fantasy leagues more seriously. The best leagues I am in are all free.

Trevor Lawrence and the Jags offense look really good. If we are drafting today he is the 4th or 5th QB off the board.

Wilson on the other hand… his value takes an undeniable hit with Rodgers out.

I don’t think that deal is lopsided at all based on current information.

Idk. I do think it is a bad trade. But definitely not veto bad. Or even close to being a risk of being vetoed.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk. I do think it is a bad trade

Still don't know which end you think is getting the better deal from your comments.

1) you think TLaw's production is replaceable by streaming QB and giving up a young stud-to-be WR is too much for a QB in redraft 1QB format

2) you think Zach Wilson's WR1 isn't worth anything near a top 8 QB for redraft and can't believe someone would give up a starter for a WR whose ROS production could be easily replaced playing the wire

Nat Geo Wild Wtf GIF by Dr. K's Exotic Animal ER

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk. I do think it is a bad trade. But definitely not veto bad. Or even close to being a risk of being vetoed.

I think if we redraft today?

Garrett Wilson goes mid to late 3rd and Lawrence goes late 3rd to early 5th depending on how your league drafts QBs.

I do think Wilson has more value today, but I have zero confidence in his QB. And that is the type of deal that is way too close to be talking veto.

The think about a veto is you had damn well better not be wrong if you are swinging that hammer.

Wilson’s arrow is pointing down and Lawrence is most definitely pointing up. Could be a blip, but again too close to veto.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still don't know which end you think is getting the better deal from your comments.

1) you think TLaw's production is replaceable by streaming QB and giving up a young stud-to-be WR is too much for a QB in redraft 1QB format

2) you think Zach Wilson's WR1 isn't worth anything near a top 8 QB for redraft and can't believe someone would give up a starter for a WR whose ROS production could be easily replaced playing the wire

Nat Geo Wild Wtf GIF by Dr. K's Exotic Animal ER's Exotic Animal ER

well, that was first why i asked who were the other QBs....

But generally speaking it is not recommended to trade a first or second rounder(even if things dramatically changed) after week one for at best a 5th round pick...

I know looking at it like draft picks is WRONG... but it is the easiest way to explain it... again... this is nowhere near VETO bad... but lets not pretend it is a good trade...

this is a PANIC TRADE....

But again to answer the actual question of the original QUESTION... the answer is that the COMPLAINER IS JUST A BIG BABY!!!!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if we redraft today?

Garrett Wilson goes mid to late 3rd and Lawrence goes late 3rd to early 5th depending on how your league drafts QBs.

I do think Wilson has more value today, but I have zero confidence in his QB. And that is the type of deal that is way too close to be talking veto.

The think about a veto is you had damn well better not be wrong if you are swinging that hammer.

Wilson’s arrow is pointing down and Lawrence is most definitely pointing up. Could be a blip, but again too close to veto.

i never said veto this trade... just said it wasnt a good trade.... there is a difference...

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my work league where I am commish, trade was made Devonta for Josh Allen. I think it was an overreaction to week one. Trade stands and we will see. The old Allen owner is going forward with Purdy. The new Devanta owner is happy with last night.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my work league where I am commish, trade was made Devonta for Josh Allen. I think it was an overreaction to week one. Trade stands and we will see. The old Allen owner is going forward with Purdy. The new Devanta owner is happy with last night.

thats a much better version of the trade... more equal in value...

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another team in my $ league just dropped Antonio Gibson who I'm not sure has reached the point where he isn't roster worthy but I'm torn as to whether he is a better ROS option than the other RB's at the bottom of my depth chart. How do you rank him against them? I went Zero RB so my RBs are the weakest position on my roster. This is a PPR Superflex league where I went QB, QB, WR, WR, WR, WR before taking a RB.

Antonio Gibson
Kenneth Gainwell
Kendre Miller
Tyjae Spears
Zach Charbonnett
Tank Bigsby

My other 2 RBs are Miles Sanders & Brian Robinson Jr.

Zep

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another team in my $ league just dropped Antonio Gibson who I'm not sure has reached the point where he isn't roster worthy but I'm torn as to whether he is a better ROS option than the other RB's at the bottom of my depth chart. How do you rank him against them? I went Zero RB so my RBs are the weakest position on my roster. This is a PPR Superflex league where I went QB, QB, WR, WR, WR, WR before taking a RB.

Antonio Gibson
Kenneth Gainwell
Kendre Miller
Tyjae Spears
Zach Charbonnett
Tank Bigsby

Zep

Because you are a brian Robinson owner, owning Gibson is a no brainer

Wish you didn’t add that so it would have been an actual debate.

The drop is easily Kendre Miller.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In most cases that's not a trade I'd have made as the original Allen owners unless maybe my WR corps was abysmal and it's not a 6pts for passing TDs or pts per completion league. I'm a lifelong diehard 49ers fan but even I recognize that Purdy isn't going to put up the #s Allen is.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Antonio Gibson
Kenneth Gainwell
Kendre Miller
Tyjae Spears
Zach Charbonnett
Tank Bigsby

Zep

I'd drop Miller for Gibson but wouldn't give Gibson a long leash to stay on the end of your roster either.
He needs to be carving out a specific role in that offense of some kind, cause in week 1 his role looked like a clear backup player vs a guy that's part of the plan

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd drop Miller for Gibson but wouldn't give Gibson a long leash to stay on the end of your roster either.
He needs to be carving out a specific role in that offense of some kind, cause in week 1 his role looked like a clear backup player vs a guy that's part of the plan
This ^^^^ assuming it is a seasonal league. .....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never said veto this trade... just said it wasnt a good trade.... there is a difference...

Eh….

Not my place or yours to judge that.

Because 1 month from now I could easily see this looking lopsided in the other direction.

If it fits a need for the team dealing Wilson then it is a good trade.

I certainly would not trade Mahomes/Hurts/Allen for Garrett Wilson today.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh….

Not my place or yours to judge that.

Because 1 month from now I could easily see this looking lopsided in the other direction.

If it fits a need for the team dealing Wilson then it is a good trade.

I certainly would not trade Mahomes/Hurts/Allen for Garrett Wilson today.
I love when people dont read my posts....

My first comment after average joe posted was that i asked who were the other QBs....

He then told me that wasnt the QUESTION.... so i then responded... that it was a bad trade, but nothing EXTRA about it and that the complainer was being a baby...

then others comment to my comment about it being a bad trade... and i explain that... i even used the term GENERALLY, in my explanation...

I have never said anything more....

But it is also such a cop out, that we all do, to say LETS SEE THE future RESULTS to make an opinion about a trade you make today.... or a pick or whatever...

you can trade Mahomes for Howell today... that is a bad trade TODAY... no matter how you explain it... just because you may be right doesnt make it any worse of a trade today....

None of us can see the future...