• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Do You Want ROS - 2023

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this is needed, but here's a thread to discuss rest of season value when weighing roster decisions.

I went the route of top TE and or top QB in several drafts, so my WR room is thin, with the thought I can improve it in-season easier than the other spots.

12tm half ppr, rank these WRs for ROS value:
Bourne, Dotson, Kirk, Eli Moore

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this is needed, but here's a thread to discuss rest of season value when weighing roster decisions.

I went the route of top TE and or top QB in several drafts, so my WR room is thin, with the thought I can improve it in-season easier than the other spots.

12tm half ppr, rank these WRs for ROS value:
Bourne, Dotson, Kirk, Eli Moore
1. Dotson
2. Kirk
3. Moore
4. Bourne

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ros

Kirk- any injury and he is a must start. Unlike any of the others

Dotson- best talent of the group

Bourne- most consistent and best situation currently

Moore- run first team with lots of receiving options

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ros

I would argue that any injury to McLaurin or Amari Cooper and Dotson and Moore become must starts as well. Bourne is already getting a high enough snap count & targets that I don't think those climb a great deal if Smith-Shulster were to go down.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue that any injury to McLaurin or Amari Cooper and Dotson and Moore become must starts as well. Bourne is already getting a high enough snap count & targets that I don't think those climb a great deal if Smith-Shulster were to go down.

when i said must start... i really mean WR1... an actual league winner...

i guess the real question to ask for this question is if we are talking about stashing on the bench or playing as a flex....

because my answer would be different... of that 4, if i had to start any, i would want to start Bourne the most....

but if i was stashing, i would want kirk the most, and it wouldnt be close...

Dotson is my 2 in basically every sorting of those 4...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Bourne as the best situation ROS. Mac had 300+ last week, but only twice the year prior and twice his rookie season. There is also the matter of Parker getting healthy and Douglas continuing to emerge, along with two TEs to target along with Stevenson, even if Juju fades. Bourne's 6 catches matches his best total last year and he only had 1 TD in 2022. We may have seen his peak for 2023 this past week.

I expect Dotson to be the #1 or at worst co-#1 in Washington in the near future, if he's not already; he would be my choice of these 4. I would have Kirk 2nd out of these 4, but week 1 was a flashback to how he would disappear at times with the Cardinals when limited to the slot role. Elijah Moore is interesting, but it comes down to how much of a role the Browns give him. Watson historically throws a lot to his slot receiver, and Moore may also get touches out of the backfield.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*update

I dropped Kirk and picked up Zay Jones, also dropped Eli Moore and picked up Bourne.

my thoughts:
- Zay led Jags WRs in snaps last week where Kirk was only on the field in 3-wide sets. Last year Kirk was playing in 2-wide sets, I'm out on him if he stays a situational player as I need flex plays for this week in my lineup

- as I just mentioned, I need guys to plug in this week, even if Bourne isn't a great option rest of season I'll take the chance he stays hot (or at least stays an active part of the game plan) when they play Miami this weekend. I think it is impossible to judge anything that came out of the patriots offense last year and projecting it to have a significant impact this season now that Bill O'Brien is back as OC.

-bonus- since I need these guys for flex plays, leaning into KC/Jags as highest Vegas total and Pats/Fins as 3rd highest for the week. They have plenty of misses, but those bookmakers know a thing or two about NFL games

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*update

I dropped Kirk and picked up Zay Jones, also dropped Eli Moore and picked up Bourne.

my thoughts:
- Zay led Jags WRs in snaps last week where Kirk was only on the field in 3-wide sets. Last year Kirk was playing in 2-wide sets, I'm out on him if he stays a situational player as I need flex plays for this week in my lineup

- as I just mentioned, I need guys to plug in this week, even if Bourne isn't a great option rest of season I'll take the chance he stays hot (or at least stays an active part of the game plan) when they play Miami this weekend. I think it is impossible to judge anything that came out of the patriots offense last year and projecting it to have a significant impact this season now that Bill O'Brien is back as OC.

-bonus- since I need these guys for flex plays, leaning into KC/Jags as highest Vegas total and Pats/Fins as 3rd highest for the week. They have plenty of misses, but those bookmakers know a thing or two about NFL games

I dont see the pats game as a high scoring one... at least the pats dont want it to be... Last week the eagles took a FAST big league on the pats... so the pats had to play more agressive from the beginning... But the Pats have a great defense, they can contain the dolphin offesne, just like they shut down the eagles offense in the second half...

and if they can slow down the dolphins, then they will be playing the ground and pound game... which will just slow the game up even more...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ros

Do we know they are a run-first team? The depth at RB isn't what it once was and we have a one game sample with their new scheme.

In the rain, Watson threw 29 times.
Chubb had 18 carries.
Ford has 15.

But they were up most of the game and then in the 2nd half pulled away. I would say 75% of Ford's carries were in blowout action. What if Watson starts to find his groove? Maybe they defense is legit and they do rely on the running game to waste clock in games they are up but I think this team will be more balanced than in previous years imo

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know they are a run-first team? The depth at RB isn't what it once was and we have a one game sample with their new scheme.

In the rain, Watson threw 29 times.
Chubb had 18 carries.
Ford has 15.

But they were up most of the game and then in the 2nd half pulled away. I would say 75% of Ford's carries were in blowout action. What if Watson starts to find his groove? Maybe they defense is legit and they do rely on the running game to waste clock in games they are up but I think this team will be more balanced than in previous years imo

i guess we dont know for sure yet... but the past, and having Chubb is enough for me to EXPECT it...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still a Kirk believer (which may very well begin to show this week again KC) - sadly though, I think in the short-term you made the correct moves. ....

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the short-term you made the correct moves. ....

absolutely hate making such near-sighted decisions but if you don't win in the regular season you don't get to play in the post season.

don't need a miracle, just looking for a guy that can get me around 8-12pts. I do agree with @MilkSpiller22 that the lists are different when looking at ROS vs needing a flex play this weekend.

If I don't need Bourne I'll kick him to the curb and add a higher upside dart throw before kickoff

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
absolutely hate making such near-sighted decisions but if you don't win in the regular season you don't get to play in the post season.

don't need a miracle, just looking for a guy that can get me around 8-12pts. I do agree with @MilkSpiller22 that the lists are different when looking at ROS vs needing a flex play this weekend.

If I don't need Bourne I'll kick him to the curb and add a higher upside dart throw before kickoff

with that... i play different in leagues with divisions than i would without... without divisions, i play less panicky, trust the system more... with divisions, i care more week to week... if that makes sense... it may not...

this post is not really about anything currently in this thread...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very true, my friend, reason I parted with London in my seasonal league - - you just can't afford to wait long before moving on - even if it's a lesser talent - if they're getting the changes you gotta jump on-board.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for you money leaguers...

Prologue
Started a free 12-team PPR redraft league at work. Everyone was made aware up front it was going to be free. About a week after the draft, 1 guy tried to make it a money league. The other 11 were fine with it as is (free) to "test the waters" shall we say of commitment from everyone.

Gist
One owner who had/lost Aaron Rodgers traded away Garrett Wilson for Trevor Lawrence.

The "lets-make-it-a-money-league" guy started posting how lopsided the trade was. Claiming "this trade would not have happened in a money league."

Question
So all you money leaguers? Is he correct?

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prologue
Started a free 12-team PPR league at work. Everyone was made aware up front it was going to be free. About a week after the draft, 1 guy tried to make it a money league. The other 11 were fine with it as is (free) to "test the waters" shall we say of commitment from everyone.

Gist
One owner who had Aaron Rodgers and traded away Garrett Wilson for Trevor Lawrence.

The "lets-make-it-a-money-league" guy started posting how lopsided the trade was. Claiming "this trade would not have happened in a money league."

Question
Redraft league, of course it could happen.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prologue
Started a free 12-team PPR league at work. Everyone was made aware up front it was going to be free. About a week after the draft, 1 guy tried to make it a money league. The other 11 were fine with it as is (free) to "test the waters" shall we say of commitment from everyone.

Gist
One owner who had/lost Aaron Rodgers traded away Garrett Wilson for Trevor Lawrence.

Question

depends on his OTHER QB