• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who do you keep?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today was game #6 and the Pats are a bit more than 1/3 of seaon in. The following is my opinion of this roster:

OT - Weakest of all positions. Wynn is small, short and slow. T Brown when healthy is excellent on either side. The remainder is unacceptable.

OG - Mason is solid. Herron was acceptable in 2020. Owenue cannot play well next to a weak tackle. The remainder are unacceptable.

C -- Andrews and Karras are solid.

QB - Mac is the future and Stdham will be solid as his backup.

RB - Harris and Stevenson are solid and JJ is a good change of pace. Bolden has been good, but age will catch him quick.

WR - Stuck with Agholor for another year. Bourne and Meyers are #2s at best. Harry is a liability.

DT - Jeckyl and Hyde.

DE - Solid

ILB - Solid

OLB - Solid

CB - Jackson isn't as good as 2020. Not the #1. Mills is adequate but needs to heal. Remainder are barely adequate. No speed here.

S - Solid and they can play run or pass. McC is getting old and starting to make mistakes.

P - Better than average but needs to speed up

K - Solid, but has weird lapses at the worst times and is a hero others.

ST - Cardonna is solid. Gunner is an All-Pro Returner. Slater is still outstanding.

Summary: Too many questionable players in key positions. Not enough quality to back up.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today was game #6 and the Pats are a bit more than 1/3 of seaon in. The following is my opinion of this roster:

OT - Weakest of all positions. Wynn is small, short and slow. T Brown when healthy is excellent on either side. The remainder is unacceptable.

OG - Mason is solid. Herron was acceptable in 2020. Owenue cannot play well next to a weak tackle. The remainder are unacceptable.

RB - Harris and Stevenson are solid and JJ is a good change of pace. Bolden has been good, but age will catch him quick.

WR - Stuck with Agholor for another year. Bourne and Meyers are #2s at best. Harry is a liability.

DT - Jeckyl and Hyde.

DE - Solid

ILB - Solid

OLB - Solid

CB - Jackson isn't as good as 2020. Not the #1. Mills is adequate but needs to heal. Remainder are barely adequate. No speed here.

S - Solid and they can play run or pass. McC is getting old and starting to make mistakes.

ST - Cardonna is solid. Gunner is an All-Pro Returner. Slater is still outstanding.

Summary: Too many questionable players in key positions. Not enough quality to back up.
I'd agree with most of this. Folk's lapses are not at the worst times though, it more like at unexpected times... and kicking is a team sport so we can't discount other happenings, whether timing or something else contributing.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT - Jeckyl and Hyde.

DE - Solid

ILB - Solid

OLB - Solid

Nice.
OL is in dire need of upgrades.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF happened to Wynn? He was previously very good but often injured. Now we are hoping he gets injured?
If Brown can't come back in 2 weeks and we find he needs surgery, I might do the surgery myself. I've got chainsaws!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF happened to Wynn? He was previously very good but often injured. Now we are hoping he gets injured?
If Brown can't come back in 2 weeks and we find he needs surgery, I might do the surgery myself. I've got chainsaws!
You know a lot about bone and joint injuries. Is it possible that his knee is causing him grief? Watching him tried to come up and shift to block to his left just doesn't appear to be smooth at all. From my point of view anyway. It's almost as if he's trying to hop a bit to his left and not slide over.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On that one Gregory sack, that's what Wynn looked like, a sack of something.

Gregory simply pushed him right out of the way.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the Stephenson kid at RB. He’s from Vegas and was a stud here in HS. The QB on the that HS team was the coaches son so he got all the press. The QB went to a D1 college and busted. We all know about Stephenson in college. I’m really pulling for him to break out

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the Stephenson kid at RB. He’s from Vegas and was a stud here in HS. The QB on the that HS team was the coaches son so he got all the press. The QB went to a D1 college and busted. We all know about Stephenson in college. I’m really pulling for him to break out
I'm a fan of his as well. He just needs a break. IIRC he didn't have a fumble at Alabama?

Oh and a little Oline help would do him wonders.

Him and Harris should be sharing carries. Punish the D. Would also help if the TEs actually blocked someone. Amazing how Gronk blocked and ran by guys.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a fan of his as well. He just needs a break. IIRC he didn't have a fumble at Alabama?

Oh and a little Oline help would do him wonders.

Him and Harris should be sharing carries. Punish the D. Would also help if the TEs actually blocked someone. Amazing how Gronk blocked and ran by guys.

He played college ball at Oklahoma

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played college ball at Oklahoma
My bad meant OK. Not sure why I typed Alabama? Old age?

So had to look it up and no he didn't fumble in his two years there. 165 carries

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad meant OK. Not sure why I typed Alabama? Old age?

So had to look it up and no he didn't fumble in his two years there. 165 carries
It wasn't just the fumble that put him into "the dog house", it was the effort to get the loose ball (he kept indicating he was already down instead of going after it). He was right, but the Pats still lost the ball. He's also been horrible with protection... The dog house isn't always what it seems, especially for a rookie...learn the the "pro values" and you see the field, for we need to trust you doing the small things before we let you do the big things we KNOW you can do.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stidham is eligible to come off the IR this week. He can be kept on it for two more weeks and then has to be activated or placed on season ending IR. I think he'll be on IR until next May. Let the surgery heal, rehab and be the backup in 2022. BB should be looking at sophmore and junior QBs and find a backup that isn't on everyone's top 10.

This where we have to hope that Zeigler is looking under rocks and logs for a WR that's not playing on TV every weekend. Look at the ignored schools like UMass, UConn, Coastal SC and two hundred others. May not be playing against OSU, LSU or Alabama every week, but they have the size and speed. Pats have had spectacular UDFAs come through.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't just the fumble that put him into "the dog house", it was the effort to get the loose ball (he kept indicating he was already down instead of going after it). He was right, but the Pats still lost the ball. He's also been horrible with protection... The dog house isn't always what it seems, especially for a rookie...learn the the "pro values" and you see the field, for we need to trust you doing the small things before we let you do the big things we KNOW you can do.
yup he was reason mac got creamed on a play sunday cause defender knocked him on the ground instead of the other way around Theres more to being a RB than running the ball:suds:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen his protection issues.

Didn't recall him not going hard to get the recovery?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen his protection issues.

Didn't recall him not going hard to get the recovery?
My recollection is he sat up and made gestures pointing to the ground to indicate he was already down as others fought for the ball. The lesson here is you can't just be right, you also need to play to the whistle.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know a lot about bone and joint injuries. Is it possible that his knee is causing him grief? Watching him tried to come up and shift to block to his left just doesn't appear to be smooth at all. From my point of view anyway. It's almost as if he's trying to hop a bit to his left and not slide over.
It's possible. He may have played gimpy because of so many other players injuries / unavailability.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My recollection is he sat up and made gestures pointing to the ground to indicate he was already down as others fought for the ball. The lesson here is you can't just be right, you also need to play to the whistle.
Absolutely correct. Never assume the referee will make the correct call.
Don't leave yourself in the hands of anonymous decisions from New York!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every morning I receive NFLTRADE RUMORS on my phone.

Not much in the way of trades but injuries across the league are starting to take their toll and it's only week 7.

Four teams went after other teams' practice squads and signed PS players to their 53 man roster. One center, two CB and a safety were picked off. Congrats to those guys because they just picked up the NFL minimum salary of $465K. BooHoo if your a team stashing future starters on your PS.