• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who do you keep?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yes IMO.

p.s. fuck Stidham. He sucks.
I don't think has had enough pt to have proven he sucks yet. I'm not saying he's ready to be GOAT 2.0, just that we need to see more. He seems to have some presence and needs more game-speed so we can see if the poor decisions are from not being adjusted or that he's another one who's brain goes to mush when a situation changes beyond what was presented in practice.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I reported earlier that Breer said that three teams were rumored to be involved in trying to get Stephon Gilmore.
Make that five.....................................................From the Bleacher Report.

Seattle
Tamps bay
New Orleans
Tennessee
Detroit.........................................................(Patricia is rumored to be offering a second round pick. If this true, BB should grab it. This will be in the forties or fifties at the very worst. Might even be thirties pick)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep or No 2021
QB
Stidham - Keep
Cam - No
Hoyer - No
RB
White - Trade
Michel - Keep
Harris - Keep
Burkhead - Keep
Bolden - No
Johnson - Keep
Taylor - Keep
WR
Harry - Trade or Keep
Meyers - Keep
Byrd - Keep
Edelman - Trade r Keep (Final year)
Olszewski - Keep
Slater - Keep
TE
Asiasi - Keep
Dalton - Keep
Izzo - No
OL
Cannon - No
Wynn - Keep
Thuney - Trade or Pay
Andrews - Keep
Mason - Keep
Cunningham - Keep
Ferentz - No
Owenue - Keep
Froholdt - Keep
Herron - Keep
Eluemunor - Keep
K
Folk - No
P
Bailey - Keep

DL
Cowart - Keep
Allen - Keep
Butler - Keep
Davis - Keep
Guy - Keep
Rivers - Keep
Simon - Keep
Winovich - Keep
Wise - Keep
LB
Hightower - Keep
Maluia - Keep
Jennings - Keep
Calhoun - Keep
Bentley - Keep
S
Brooks - No
Bryant - No
McCourty - Keep
Dugger - Keep
Phillips - Keep
CB
Bethel - Keep
Gilmore - Trade
Jackson - Keep
Jones - Keep
McCourty - Keep
Williams - Keep

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To rebuild a team, you absolutely must have a reliable quarterback. Stidham must get two or three starts against teams like the Jets and Ravens or Chiefs. Then you know what he's truly capable of handling. If he's 32 of 40 for 375 yds and 4 TDs against the jets and then is 9 of 30 for 97 yds and 4 INTs against the Ravens and Chiefs, he's not your future. If he's 20 of 28 for 250 yds and 2 TDs and 2 INTs against the iron, then you know he's he got the tools, but you need to find a coach that can sharpen and hone them to a razor edge.

I think that BB needs to bite the bullet and do what is necessary to set the team up for the draft. He'll have more than $130M in cap space and the word is that the cap will be $150M which should put him at near $140M. Trade the pieces that that you know you can't or won't keep and move on. 2-14 will give him Trevor Lawrence to start.

Yeah but in reality can we truly even be able to judge Stidham? Who does he have to get the ball too? No one. Defenses stop Edelman and there's what, White left? No way he puts any numbers up. Though he hasn't shown anything

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but in reality can we truly even be able to judge Stidham? Who does he have to get the ball too? No one. Defenses stop Edelman and there's what, White left? No way he puts any numbers up. Though he hasn't shown anything
We'll never know unless he's given a fair chance.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm quite happy with Folk at this point. There really wasn't anyone else out there. So glad he's found his nitche.

I think Stidham, like Jimmy G could surprise us if given time.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep or No 2021
QB
Stidham - Keep
Cam - No
Hoyer - No
RB
White - Trade
Michel - Keep
Harris - Keep
Burkhead - Keep
Bolden - No
Johnson - Keep
Taylor - Keep
WR
Harry - Trade or Keep
Meyers - Keep
Byrd - Keep
Edelman - Trade r Keep (Final year)
Olszewski - Keep
Slater - Keep
TE
Asiasi - Keep
Dalton - Keep
Izzo - No
OL
Cannon - No
Wynn - Keep
Thuney - Trade or Pay
Andrews - Keep
Mason - Keep
Cunningham - Keep
Ferentz - No
Owenue - Keep
Froholdt - Keep
Herron - Keep
Eluemunor - Keep
K
Folk - No
P
Bailey - Keep

DL
Cowart - Keep
Allen - Keep
Butler - Keep
Davis - Keep
Guy - Keep
Rivers - Keep
Simon - Keep
Winovich - Keep
Wise - Keep
LB
Hightower - Keep
Maluia - Keep
Jennings - Keep
Calhoun - Keep
Bentley - Keep
S
Brooks - No
Bryant - No
McCourty - Keep
Dugger - Keep
Phillips - Keep
CB
Bethel - Keep
Gilmore - Trade
Jackson - Keep
Jones - Keep
McCourty - Keep
Williams - Keep
What is everybody's love affair with Stidham? He sucks. Couldn't even win the backup job. My opinion is in 2021 we will have three new QB's.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is everybody's love affair with Stidham? He sucks. Couldn't even win the backup job. My opinion is in 2021 we will have three new QB's.
It's not a love affair. You say he sucks. When has he come into a game when the score is 0-0 or he's been ahead 24-7? He's come in after Hoyer or Cam shit the bed and the team is behind by 20+. How about giving him a start against the Chargers or the Rams or the Cardinals and see what he can do without trying to catch up. The guy has not been in any "fair" situation to be honestly evaluated. We know Hoyer sucks because he totally fouled himself. Cam has had two decent games in a row after bombing three. A lot of people think hr sucks.

Interesting comment last night on Patriots Post Game. If Belichick somehow got the first pick in the 2021 draft, He'd take a defensive lineman and not Trevor Lawrence. And everyone agreed across the board.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a love affair. You say he sucks. When has he come into a game when the score is 0-0 or he's been ahead 24-7? He's come in after Hoyer or Cam shit the bed and the team is behind by 20+. How about giving him a start against the Chargers or the Rams or the Cardinals and see what he can do without trying to catch up. The guy has not been in any "fair" situation to be honestly evaluated. We know Hoyer sucks because he totally fouled himself. Cam has had two decent games in a row after bombing three. A lot of people think hr sucks.

Interesting comment last night on Patriots Post Game. If Belichick somehow got the first pick in the 2021 draft, He'd take a defensive lineman and not Trevor Lawrence. And everyone agreed across the board.
We as fans lose sight of this one thing: The coaches job isn't to share decision making with fans. We get lost about that because we have opinions and theories and would love to see those tested. But the coaches have these guys in practice and much more football happens (well maybe not this year) in practices than in the games. If the chance to win playing time isn't enough motivation for players then why would playing in a game provide that? If there's one thing BB abundantly makes clear is all players enter camps and practices equal and the guys who perform in practices and camps earn their spots on the team and in the active lineup.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I like CheeryChuck's outlook a little better...
Last rebuild began in 1998 with a loss in the Wild Card Game (like last year)
1999 was an 8-8 year (like this year?)
2000 was a 5-11 year (like next year?)
2001 we won the Superbowl!

Prior to that we were kind of Miamiesque with a few good years sprinkled in.....
So we are on schedule with our rebuild?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are on schedule with our rebuild?
I reject that hypothesis which appears to be: a couple or few years down-trending years followed by up-trending constitute a rebuild.

I have a different perspective of that trend... In 1999 and 2000 Drew Bledsoe was playing the game the way He wanted to play it. He said all the right things after so it was difficult to identify. In 2001 Bledsoe was replaced and the trend immediately changed.

Brady wasn't drafted to replace Bledsoe within a couple years. He was drafted to add depth. Therefore you can't consider drafting Brady as part of a rebuild.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I reject that hypothesis which appears to be: a couple or few years down-trending years followed by up-trending constitute a rebuild.

I have a different perspective of that trend... In 1999 and 2000 Drew Bledsoe was playing the game the way He wanted to play it. He said all the right things after so it was difficult to identify. In 2001 Bledsoe was replaced and the trend immediately changed.

Brady wasn't drafted to replace Bledsoe within a couple years. He was drafted to add depth. Therefore you can't consider drafting Brady as part of a rebuild.
LOL. Drafting Brady was part of the success of the rebuild whether it was planned or not!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Drafting Brady was part of the success of the rebuild whether it was planned or not!
That's true but can you real characterize adding one player as "a rebuild". Brian Cox and Roman Pfifer were added too, but they were more complimentary to what was already here, Antione Smith was added too, but ass a cheap "good enough for now" option...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As has been said in here many times, none of us is privy to everyday practice or relationships. We each see what we see and characterize players based on that knowledge. My gut says that Mac is the future #1 and Stidham will be his backup. That might just be the best thing that could happen.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As has been said in here many times, none of us is privy to everyday practice or relationships. We each see what we see and characterize players based on that knowledge. My gut says that Mac is the future #1 and Stidham will be his backup. That might just be the best thing that could happen.
Nothing exemplifies your statement better than Bolden yesterday. While I'm not going to say he had a great game, but that one critical run showed he has more game in him than we credit him. That play was a team play for sure, but several players made plays, Smith for one, but even better was Meyers, who first provided a read for Bolden, then blocked away from the read and open the lane.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing exemplifies your statement better than Bolden yesterday. While I'm not going to say he had a great game, but that one critical run showed he has more game in him than we credit him. That play was a team play for sure, but several players made plays, Smith for one, but even better was Meyers, who first provided a read for Bolden, then blocked away from the read and open the lane.
As much as I hate to say it Bolden has done well the past couple of weeks. He'll never be a feature back. Likely only a couple carries, maybe a reception or two per game. I'm good with that right now. He's securing the ball at least and has been the most effective blocking back I've seen this far. He needs to teach Stevenson how to use that big body and lay some lumber on the pass rushers.

I take back all the bad things I've said about Bolden. Well until we get healthy again.