• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who do you drop?

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Jordan Zimmerman on the DL spot, he is scheduled to come back on Friday. I picked up Josh Donaldson, the scrappy 3b for the A's. So, should I keep Zimmerman, or drop him over Donaldson? Or, keep both, put one as my DH, and drop one of the following, Carl Crawford, Michael Morse, Gerrado Parra, Nick Markakis, and Alex Rios.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty straight forward IMO. Ryan Zimmerman is a stud. He got off to a slow start last year, only to be one of the best hitters in the game over the second half. NEVER consider dropping him, especially for a marginal talent like Donaldson.

I would probably drop Parra unless you need an extra OF. If you do, Donaldson is the drop.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty straight forward IMO. Ryan Zimmerman is a stud. He got off to a slow start last year, only to be one of the best hitters in the game over the second half. NEVER consider dropping him, especially for a marginal talent like Donaldson.

I would probably drop Parra unless you need an extra OF. If you do, Donaldson is the drop.

O.K.

Which one of you is talking about the right Zimmerman (one N or two?)

As for the one N 3B guy, don't drop him. I did last year, and his numbers took off,......., the very next day.

This is the 2nd time in my fantasy life this has happened to me ( Uggla in 2009 ), that despite all the info I have/had, and though there was a good sample size of numbers to go with, that I made a horribly wrong call.

And, if last year can offer any direct correlation, if he gets a cortizone shot anytime soon, look for his numbers to spike.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Jordan Zimmerman on the DL spot, he is scheduled to come back on Friday. I picked up Josh Donaldson, the scrappy 3b for the A's. So, should I keep Zimmerman, or drop him over Donaldson? Or, keep both, put one as my DH, and drop one of the following, Carl Crawford, Michael Morse, Gerrado Parra, Nick Markakis, and Alex Rios.

I agree with Tlance, Parra is the guy to drop. I don't know how long Donaldson will keep this up (I have him in 2 leagues), but I'm riding him until he breaks. If you're in a 12 team league, there may be someone out there that needs a third baseman. If Donaldson keeps this up for a few more weeks you may be able to trade him or package him to someone for something better easier than you can trade someone like Parra.

Morse is not a drop player, nor is Rios. Crawford is someone I'd try and trade before he breaks (oops, hamstring) and Markakis while unimpressive can contribute a little in each category while not hurting your BA.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this as a final nail in Manny Parra's coffin?

He is in a platoon.

It is only in the very rare situation that you ever want to have a guy who is platooning on your team.

That said, in our league,.........., I do. Not on purpose mind you, but I do. I have had AZ's Kubel from the get go. When he went on the D.L, I picked up Cody Ross, as a quasi - handcuff answer/solution.

Well, Kubel was scheduled to come off the D.L this week, but not until Mon or TUE. As such, I rode with Ross. Well, as he came off a few days early, I now have the wrong guy playing this week.

As our league is so shallow, I will not be dropping Ross anytime soon, but he is likely going to be a fixture on my bench for the foreseeable future, as not only has A.J Pollock been doing a decent job for the D-Bags in center, but Adam Eaton, who they REALLY wanted as their CF gets healthy and back, the logjam in the AZ OF will only get worse.

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this as a final nail in Manny Parra's coffin?

He is in a platoon.

It is only in the very rare situation that you ever want to have a guy who is platooning on your team.

That said, in our league,.........., I do. Not on purpose mind you, but I do. I have had AZ's Kubel from the get go. When he went on the D.L, I picked up Cody Ross, as a quasi - handcuff answer/solution.

Well, Kubel was scheduled to come off the D.L this week, but not until Mon or TUE. As such, I rode with Ross. Well, as he came off a few days early, I now have the wrong guy playing this week.

As our league is so shallow, I will not be dropping Ross anytime soon, but he is likely going to be a fixture on my bench for the foreseeable future, as not only has A.J Pollock been doing a decent job for the D-Bags in center, but Adam Eaton, who they REALLY wanted as their CF gets healthy and back, the logjam in the AZ OF will only get worse.

it's not Manny, it's Gerardo who has played in 27 games. But yeah, I guess he is the guy that needs to go. Besides, I picked him up cause Stanton is on the DL, and when he comes back is bye-bye Parro. Thanks for the answers guys.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, Parra is the drop. I don't consider Donaldson elite, but he's getting steadier and steadier. His walk rate is up and K rate is down...even if it is only a month. Last year, I kept waiting for him to decline, but it didn't happen, he was steady over the final two months of the season and was on my championship team.

I would wait for RZ's first homer and deal him, as his return will be much greater than that of Donaldson's.

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donaldson has just been producing for me. I drafted what I thought would be a really good hitting team, and decent pitching, but its the pitching that has been carrying me, so far.