• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who do we want next round?

PhillyBoston781

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So the Flyers will play either Boston, Tampa or Pittsburgh... Who is the best matchup?

I'd hate to play Tim Thomas, if only because of what Miller did to the Flyers.

I really feel like Pittsburgh is the best matchup for the Flyers, given all the trouble they had with Tampa this season and Fleury's less-than-stellar play in the post-season so far (with the exception of game one). The Flyers have had the Atlantic Division pretty well figured out, in general, and the Penguins aren't any exception.

Although, secretly I'm hoping they play the Bruins so I can try to make it to a game or two... If the Flyers can crack Thomas, they'll have an easier time with Boston than either of the other two.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm..

We have more offensive skill and are deeper than all 3 in every area except in goal, so I really don't care who we play next.

I'd personally like to see us play and sweep the pens in embarrassing fashion, but...that's just my preference. :becky:

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never like to pick who I want to play. Who ever we get, we get.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obviously a tough call. I feel like we'd rather not play Boston or Tampa, but that leaves Pitt. As much as I'd like to have a shot at the Pens, I'd honestly just rather watch them lose tonight...lol They just can't score any goals, that is their prime issue still. Arron Asham leads their team in goals with three and they've played six games. Only one other player has more than one goal...lol

Having said all of this, I think we'd be confident against anyone, but playing Tampa would be the biggest question mark for us. I just don't want to give Gagne the chance to burn us in the playoffs either.

Last edited by a moderator:

PhillyBoston781

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's obviously a tough call. I feel like we'd rather not play Boston or Tampa, but that leaves Pitt. As much as I'd like to have a shot at the Pens, I'd honestly just rather watch them lose tonight...lol They just can't score any goals, that is their prime issue still. Arron Asham leads their team in goals with three and they've played six games. Only one other player has more than one goal...lol

Having said all of this, I think we'd be confident against anyone, but playing Tampa would be the biggest question mark for us. I just don't want to give Gagne the chance to burn us in the playoffs either.

Yeah, I agree with watching the Pens lose. Whenever the Flyers are out of the playoffs, I cheer the hardest for whatever teams are playing the Rangers and/or Penguins. Now that NY is out, if Pittsburgh loses, it'll soften the blow if the Flyers eventually get eliminated.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like our chances regardless. We have more talent, firepower and playoff experience than any of the three teams we could potentially play. If Pronger is back and good to go as he appears to be, I feel that our power play and penalty kill will only improve as well. He also shores up the defense in front of the net, which has been weak at times.

Also, I feel like that game seven was the best game we've played since before the All-Star break and possibly all season long. It was really incredible to see. We should definitely have confidence and momentum moving forward.

If I'm Pitt, Tampa or Boston, the Flyers are the last team I want to play in round two.

Last edited by a moderator:

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i personally want tampa. i feel like pittsburgh is the type of team that has postseason experience and even without crosby could still handle us. tampa is still unexperienced and their goalie is 40..hes gonna start to crack sooner than later

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want tampa.

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
i will take anyone besides tampa they owned us this year..or it could give us a bit of extra boost because they did man handle us lol..fuck it bring who ever lets go flyers

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i will take anyone besides tampa they owned us this year..or it could give us a bit of extra boost because they did man handle us lol..fuck it bring who ever lets go flyers

Our record against Tampa and Boston this year was 1-3.

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
i am a dam flyers fan i know the fucking record lol...you jersey fucker..hey i do have a question for you bastards whats a good camping ground bought a trailer and need a good place to park it

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want Tampa Bay. Shaky goaltending/D, and their top 2 lines have been double and triple shifted, they will be shot after a 7 game series. They will be gassed next round and your depth will be enough to take them.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am a dam flyers fan i know the fucking record lol...you jersey fucker..hey i do have a question for you bastards whats a good camping ground bought a trailer and need a good place to park it

I'm probably the worst person to ask. I have no idea. lol

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vancouver plays game 1 tomorrow night. Wonder if Flyers will too?

sportfan09

WHAT THE FUCK
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
You want Tampa Bay. Shaky goaltending/D, and their top 2 lines have been double and triple shifted, they will be shot after a 7 game series. They will be gassed next round and your depth will be enough to take them.

true