• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who are the superstars right now? Vote and discuss, if you are so inclined

Who are the superstars right now?

• Jokic

• Embiid

• Giannis

• LeBron

• Durant

• Curry

• Luka

• Shai GA

• Tatum

• Butler

• A Davis

• Kawhi

• Someone else

Results are only viewable after voting.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was intentional. He is no longer a superstar for me when it comes to play on the court. If he was then the lakers wouldn’t struggle the last few seasons. Superstar LeBron can always lead his teams to 50 plus wins and hca for a series or 2. Now he pick and choose his spots due to his age
So it's all about current production to you, basically who are the best players in the league right now...not star power or ratings or past MVPs or whatever? All good this is why I put up the poll, to see different people's definitions of the word.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was intentional. He is no longer a superstar for me when it comes to play on the court. If he was then the lakers wouldn’t struggle the last few seasons. Superstar LeBron can always lead his teams to 50 plus wins and hca for a series or 2. Now he pick and choose his spots due to his age
You also did include Curry...can he still 'always' lead his teams to 50 plus wins and top 4 seeds? I wish LOL

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's all about current production to you, basically who are the best players in the league right now...not star power or ratings or past MVPs or whatever? All good this is why I put up the poll, to see different people's definitions of the word.
No it isn’t a life time achievement for me. It is for the here and now and all about play on the court.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also did include Curry...can he still 'always' lead his teams to 50 plus wins and top 4 seeds? I wish LOL
That was never a Steph thing though. He always had help unlike LeBron early years in Cleveland where he would lead Mo Williams and the other scrubs to 66 wins steph is probably off my list next year or the following year

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it isn’t a life time achievement for me. It is for the here and now and all about play on the court.
But play only, not fame/star power/Q rating

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was never a Steph thing though. He always had help unlike LeBron early years in Cleveland where he would lead Mo Williams and the other scrubs to 66 wins steph is probably off my list next year or the following year
So different players get different criteria...interesting. Not being snarky, genuinely interesting, thanks

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all of Jokic, Embiid, Giannis, and Luka didn’t make your list, your list blows. I can see an argument on everybody else whether it’s an athlete on the back end and you want to claim superstar no longer, or some other reason. These are 4 HOFers in their prime (Luka is technically not at his prime yet age wise). Not superstars? Ridiculous.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sole criterion was if I said their name at the dinner table my wife would recognize that I was talking about the NBA.
Does your wife follow popular culture? Cause if she does then Tristan Thompson and Kris Humphrey are names she would recognize because of Kardashian connections. Needless to say, this is a flawed system.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does your wife follow popular culture? Cause if she does then Tristan Thompson and Kris Humphrey are names she would recognize because of Kardashian connections. Needless to say, this is a flawed system.
Not at all. The only flaw in the system would be that she is a Michigan fan and would recognize former players. Unfortunately, it hasn’t been an issue with superstars.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you voted for Luka the fat boy.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Edwards or Haliburton are the most likely to be a superstar next, I agree they are not there yet.

It is hard to know when long time superstars have dropped below the status.

Just as hard to know when a new guy has taken the leap.

I did not know until I checked my list, but I lean way more towards the younger players.

Even now I don't feel great about it. I ended with 8 overall.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised Butler has so few votes. Imo playoff matters more than regular season for superstar. Butler way higher on a playoff list than he is on a regular season

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure what is dumber.

Making a thread like this based on an absolutely absurd discussion where the main point was that guys who are unquestionably top 75 players to ever play the game in NBA history like Ray Allen and Paul Pierce aren’t “superstars”.

Or the fact that Anthony Edwards didn’t make this list.

Jim Carrey Harry Dunne GIF by Dumb and Dumber To

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Making a thread like this based on an absolutely absurd discussion where the main point was that guys who are unquestionably top 75 players to ever play the game in NBA history like Ray Allen and Paul Pierce aren’t “superstars”.

You are including too many guys man.

Superstars are the best of the best.

Types of players even people who don’t follow the NBA know who they are.

Most casual basketball fans couldn’t pick Anthony Edwards out of a lineup.

He is an excellent young player. But he isn’t mainstream.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does he not count as 'Someone else'?

Edwards is close IMO, along with probably Haliburton and Ja Morant and hell we all know Wembanyama gonna be on the list

To me superstar is a mix of actual on court results combined with star power/fame and alpha-ness. Edwards is not a name non NBA people know yet.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are including too many guys man.

Superstars are the best of the best.

Types of players even people who don’t follow the NBA know who they are.

Most casual basketball fans couldn’t pick Anthony Edwards out of a lineup.

He is an excellent young player. But he isn’t mainstream.

A ridiculous way to classify it.

By your definition, the greatest NBA superstar of all time is………

Yao Ming.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A ridiculous way to classify it.

By your definition, the greatest NBA superstar of all time is………

Yao Ming.
The spirit of this thread is in fact that everyone gets to share their own classifications, it's interesting how people differ. No one is objectively correct in every choice.

But Yao Ming? The fuck are you talking about?