• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who are the Positive Paulina's on Riley?

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to know what camp people are in. I can tell from the posts and I know there will be fence sitters.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

I am a Negative Nancy.

Fumble_Rooskie

Big Red Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
grudgingly positive. I am really just waiting to see who the coordinators are going to be.

I can see a plan where you got the nice guy who develops talent with some recruiting ability, paired with big name proven offensive and defensive coordinators who can also recruit, and then maybe you have something.

If Riley simply brings his old staff with him or hires coordinators we've never heard of, then I won't be impressed and then you can call me on the negative nancy team.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
grudgingly positive. I am really just waiting to see who the coordinators are going to be.

I can see a plan where you got the nice guy who develops talent with some recruiting ability, paired with big name proven offensive and defensive coordinators who can also recruit, and then maybe you have something.

If Riley simply brings his old staff with him or hires coordinators we've never heard of, then I won't be impressed and then you can call me on the negative nancy team.

I respect your stance. I understand your reasoning.

Thank you for being brave enough to post.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Strength and Conditioning needs to be looked at too. Nebraska was getting beat badly up-front.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Checking in. We weren't going anywhere with Bo. Riley will surround himself with good assistants and develop our players. I'm excited.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am firmly on the positive side.

I look forward to never going into a game being scared of what might happen. Or knowing that they opponent will kill us with 1-2 plays over and over and over and over again with no adjustments. I look forward to watching a Nebraska team actually get coached and developed and go out the and compete for 4 quarters with out huge meltdowns. With Riley only getting $2.7 million per year that should leave a bunch of money for the assistants and he will pick a high quality staff!!! He has said himself that he has no problem hiring someone that is smarter than him. That is a far cry from the higher your childhood buddies and personal golf coach to learn as they go mentality from before.

I am excited and I am ALL IN!!!!

Will it be great? I sure believe so!!!

Will it crash and burn? Maybe, but I am very optimistic.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
positive at the moment. As i said in other threads, let me see who he hires as assistants. also see who he retains. If he's smart enough to get a really good OC, DC, and LB coach, then I think I'll stay positive.

oh and a good S&C coach, not that I know who a good one is.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm positive on riley negative on him winning ships because urban meyer mich st and michigan will get a great coach

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like it.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm positive. We needed/wanted change and change is what we got. Eichorst gets paid lots of money to make decisions like this and all we can do is have faith in him that he did his job. I liked Bo but it was time to take a leap of faith and hope that somebody else can get us over the hump. You can't do that without making a change. People are too quick to spew hate before he's even coached a single game here at Nebraska. Give the guy a freakin chance.

I too am looking forward to not having to go into games wondering which team will show up and just hoping we don't get blown out on national television again.

Like it or not, we have a new football coach. Let's roll.

GBR

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo was given a Ferrari and couldn't get it out of neutral. Mike should improve us greatly on offense. We need great DC.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Count me in!

When I first heard yesterday, I was like many on here with a wft reaction. The more I learn and listening to his press conference has changed my attitude from cautiously optimistic to all in.

He hit on probably my biggest bellyache with Bo during his press conference. He isn't a guy that has a system that the players have to learn and it's his way and if it doesn't work he has no idea why. He says he is a guy that adapts his philosophy on coaching to the skills of the players instead of consistently calling plays that his players don't have the proper skills to execute. (Hopefully we're done watching roll out passes with a guy that doesn't have the skills to execute that play 10 times a game....)

Welcome to Huskerland Coach Riley and best of luck!

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy...

I was excited the minute I heard the news.. I've been a closet beaver fan since they were the div one school I got any mail from in high school..

Riley is a great coach.. You negative Nancy's will see..

Can't be any worse than pelini..

Pelini got out coached most of the time.. We won 9 games a year because we have more talent because we are Nebraska..

Talent alone gets us 9 wins with our schedules.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it I like the hire. I think this will work out. You give a guy like him more talent and resources I think 11 wins is a very likely possibility

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Riley and I love all of you.

Cept the jaysker

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to know what camp people are in. I can tell from the posts and I know there will be fence sitters.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

I am a Negative Nancy.

I am a true husker fan.

:lame:

Seriously I am hopefully optimistic and happy as a pig in shit that Bo is no longer here.

edit: going back to read this thread now