• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: White Sox Tigers Weekend Series 9/11 - 9/13

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not I. Tuned into Chicago broadcast.
I only had available the FS1 broadcast, which featured the Tigers announcers. But it really wasn't so bad. They actually spent most of the game in awe of the Sox. A 14-0 whuppin' , along with an 8-1 series lead will cause something like that.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only had available the FS1 broadcast, which featured the Tigers announcers. But it really wasn't so bad. They actually spent most of the game in awe of the Sox. A 14-0 whuppin' , along with an 8-1 series lead will cause something like that.
Abreu scored 5 times. That is incredible.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should prove interesting. Stiever made a name for himself last year when he jumped up 20 spots on the Sox top prospects list. I wonder if they'll use him as an opener or if he's doing ok, will they let him pitch past the 3rd or 4th innings. His opposite, Spencer Turnbull, has been the Tigers top pitcher this season. The Sox as a whole will have their work cut out for them tomorrow.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should prove interesting. Stiever made a name for himself last year when he jumped up 20 spots on the Sox top prospects list. I wonder if they'll use him as an opener or if he's doing ok, will they let him pitch past the 3rd or 4th innings. His opposite, Spencer Turnbull, has been the Tigers top pitcher this season. The Sox as a whole will have their work cut out for them tomorrow.
i'm wondering why. have you looked at his career minor league stats? he has more k's than innings pitched but otherwise .... over a .250 average against (in the freaking minors) and a losing record. to me, going by his stats, he looks like garbage!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm wondering why. have you looked at his career minor league stats? he has more k's than innings pitched but otherwise .... over a .250 average against (in the freaking minors) and a losing record. to me, going by his stats, he looks like garbage!
Don't ask me, I just report what I read. Going into the '19 season, Stiever was ranked 27th on the list. Then within that season he jumped to 7th. You'd have to ask the people who rank the team's minor leaguers why he rose that quickly. All I know is I'm looking forward to seeing how he performs in his major league debut.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He caught fire - when he got control of his pitches - the stats to look at are just last season in High A ball.

@Lake Shore Drive - Stiever is supposed to be stretched out for 6 innings of work.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He caught fire - when he got control of his pitches - the stats to look at are just last season in High A ball.

@Lake Shore Drive - Stiever is supposed to be stretched out for 6 innings of work.
Yikes, that's a lot of innings for a first timer, especially when he hasn't had any real game time experience all season. But I suppose if he's still looking good as the innings flow along, then why not.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes, that's a lot of innings for a first timer, especially when he hasn't had any real game time experience all season. But I suppose if he's still looking good as the innings flow along, then why not.

It's the practice games they play in Schaumberg - Stiever has been pitching through 6 simulated innings - what that translates to in MLB live action - is anyone's guess. I believe in this youngster's talent.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looked much better 2nd inning. very high pitch count tho. he'll not go past 4 ... if that.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this game is going much better than the Bears game.