• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

White Sox 2020 season

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but they don't work at a grocery store! they are super rich athletes who don't need to work to support themselves. obviously some people HAVE to put themselves at risk. others don't! do you think many rich people put themselves in harms way if they don't have to?

If they die, they can come streaking with us too. So they've got that going for them.

Joking aside, ballplayers would probably be given leeway to sit out if they lawyered up and fought not to play because of concerns of sickness/dying. However, I'm fairly certain the vast majority of players (especially the ones that are paid at the lower end of the scale) will happily show up and grab a chance at the opportunity to play (and get paid). I anticipate very few players sitting out in this fashion.

It could be argued as willful ignorance to play. No argument there.

If baseball is being played...I'll be watching. That's all I can really say for sure.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but they don't work at a grocery store! they are super rich athletes who don't need to work to support themselves. obviously some people HAVE to put themselves at risk. others don't! do you think many rich people put themselves in harms way if they don't have to?

Balancing that are athletes who want to compete and athletes who actually need to make the money or fame for branding purposes. Players have the option to opt out - so those who do play have considered the risk.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eloy Jimenez gave a zoom interview yesterday in English. Nice to hear.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People say he’s the nicest guy. He’s fluent in English, I believe.

If I'm not mistaken last year he was through the interpreter. He love for the game is fresh and appealing.