• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whisenhunt FIRED

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was a political move to help save Ruston Webster's job. Plain and simple.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Titans shocked the world going after Jake Locker with that #7 pick. Just like Steve Underwood repeated in the press conference today, the Adams (first Bud, now Amy) are convinced that an elite or near-elite QB is crucial to winning a Super Bowl and they felt that Jake Locker was the best QB they could get with that pick. Problem is, they very well might have been able to get him with their 2nd-round pick.

:L

Akeem Ayers. Yet another player not good enough for the Titans but good enough for the Patriots.

LeGarrette Blount? Not good enough for the Titans but a weapon for the Patriots.

Those critical personnel mistakes are 100% the responsibility of Ruston Webster, who Steve Underwood has "complete confidence" in.

The Titans are a farce.

Steve Underwood fully admits he's not even a "football guy" which is quite obvious when he denies what all the experts say and blesses Webster's abysmal handling of the draft.
I've seen a bit of Ayers. Good player but a dime a dozen in the NFL right now. Better to invest in CB and pass rush. I'm glad the Rams have him due to Ogletree being injured but not a cornerstone of a franchise. Not a bust either, though.

Jake Locker set your team back 5 years. Mariota has that same potential. There is a similarity between the two and a distinct difference between the two. The similarity is that they both relied on their athleticism too much in college. The difference is that Mariota has always been more accurate than Locker.

The Titans are in a position where they need Mariota and DGB to both succeed and they need to draft some beasts on defense. They should be one of the easiest teams to turn around in the whole league because of that division. The reality is that they would've been much better of letting someone else develop Mariota and taken a trade down and gotten someone like Gurley and a bunch of picks. Now they have to tank this year and find a way to load up on defense.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Banner may be a dweeby little number cruncher, but he is right about a lot of NFL people, and he was right about this guy.

What he say?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen a bit of Ayers. Good player but a dime a dozen in the NFL right now. Better to invest in CB and pass rush. I'm glad the Rams have him due to Ogletree being injured but not a cornerstone of a franchise. Not a bust either, though.

Jake Locker set your team back 5 years. Mariota has that same potential. There is a similarity between the two and a distinct difference between the two. The similarity is that they both relied on their athleticism too much in college. The difference is that Mariota has always been more accurate than Locker.

The Titans are in a position where they need Mariota and DGB to both succeed and they need to draft some beasts on defense. They should be one of the easiest teams to turn around in the whole league because of that division. The reality is that they would've been much better of letting someone else develop Mariota and taken a trade down and gotten someone like Gurley and a bunch of picks. Now they have to tank this year and find a way to load up on defense.

Mariota has been far from accurate so far.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. I didn't know they were 3-20 under him.

To be fair... They are the Titans... He didn't have much of a chance to begin with.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But have you talked to Matt leinart

Matt Leinart rips Ken Whisenhunt: “Now Marcus Mariota has a chance”

someone forgot to tell matt that he sucked in Houston too....

Him sucking doesn't change the fact that he's right. I knew Whisenhunt wasn't a head coach the second he publicly ripped his QB to the media. No good head coach does that to his QB. But just because he was right on Leinart doesn't mean he is, or ever was, a legit head coach.

Wiz has Kurt Warner and Philip Rivers to thank for even getting a second crack at being a head coach and being 20 games below .500 as a coach proves that.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he say?

When he was with the Browns, he told Whisenhunt during a head coaching interview that he had misgivings about him because of the staff he had said he would bring, and that is why he didn't get the Browns opening a year or so earlier.

That reportedly caused Whisenhunt to go ape $hit in front of a room of people, and try to humiliate Banner and say, who are you to question my knowledge of football? What have you done? This was reported by Peter King some time ago.

Apparently the Browns owner was influenced by that, even though he didn't hire Whisenhunt, and that was one of the reasons Banner got fired.

Banner was controversial in Philly, and Cleveland, but he did get rid of Trent Richardson for a first and generally was more competent than your usual Browns exec. And more competent than Whisenhunt at his job.

So, today on Twitter, Banner, who now works for ESPN tweeted "There are so many things I could say" about Whisenhunt getting canned. But he kept it classy...

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a chance but Ruston Webster's bungling of the draft (among other things) left him handcuffed.

Fatass Tommy Smith was one of the very worst executives in the league.

Pretty much and it shows with the team he assembled

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have officially endorsed myself as the next head coach of the Tennessee Titans and will accept that role if approached by the team.

I wanted to make it official here on tHoop.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now players are starting to come out in favor of it.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, firing Whiz was the best thing the Cardinals ever did. Maybe that'll rub off on you guys and you find the right replacement.

I want Mike Tomlin or Gus Bradley.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very happy my day just got a lot brighter. Yes you are right the GM Webster needs to go too. He has missed on nearly all his second round picks and those are your starting players. In 2014 drafted RB Bishop Sankey the guy averaged like 2 yards a carry demoted him to kickoff returner he fumbled two returns last game. BUST. This recent draft he drafted DGB a WR in 2nd round the guy seems dumb i'm already thinking bust. 3rd round pick offensive lineman at RT Jeremiah Poutasi the guy is getting manhandled. 4th round pick Jalston Fowler a damn FB WTF? guy has had like two carries so far. 5th round RB David Cobb had problems with work ethic in camp and been injured for weeks. 6th rounder Mount a LB already on injured reserve. 7th round WR Tre McBride talked up as a steal at WR haven't heard a word about him.

So Webster basically had a great shot to pick up good players in 2015 draft but clearly whiffed big time. Only pick i think was decent was Mariota IF he ends up being a franchise QB.

I heard someone say today that the team was more likely to be sold than not because of their ineptness to build the team....
They were a beast back when we were in the same division and beyond that....Never could replace McNair though..
I was shocked when they let Fisher go, he's a good coach...Good luck with Mularkey, I don't think he's gonna make anything better...