• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whisenhunt FIRED

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're going to throw the ball to their own team now?

Don't confuse them.

Riiiiiiight, dude. :L "This changes everything!"

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm convinced! I'm calling my bookie. Who do the Titans play?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:clap:

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,876.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From owner to last-man-on-the-roster. There are a few (very few) gems mixed in and for them I truly feel sorry.

And make no mistake about it, this move was very likely Ruston Webster trying to hang on to his job for another day. Since his reign of terror, the Titans have been the absolute worst-drafting team in the league.

Sell the team and start all over from the ground up.

Hire me today. I'll hold a 3pm press conference announcing Eddie George and Blaine 'Hitman' Bishop as my new lieutenants and have this city abuzz with excitement about the future before the sun sets.

George is a college football analyst but I think he should be in the Titans front office in some capacity imo.

Last edited:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever assembled the Titans offense should get fired.

It's just laughable when you look at how completely irresponsible the GM has been in putting together the roster on the offensive side of the ball.

Offensive players not on rookie deals:
Delanie Walker
Harry Douglas
Anthony Fasano
Craig Stevens
Clipboard Jesus
Dexter McLuster

One decent TE, a couple of average backup TE's, an average at best slot WR, a 3rd string RB and a 3rd string QB.

No one else in the entire league even comes anywhere close to having less invested in vet offense talent than the Titans over the last couple of seasons.

They couldn't have possibly expected anything but having the worst offense in the league with no vet offensive talent on the roster and two young QB's at the helm. Them being one of the worst offenses in the league should come as no surprise to anyone.

If Wisenhunt had input into constructing that offense, then he deserves his walking papers. But the GM for this team has got to go as well. Way more of a problem in terms of talent than it is in terms of coaching.

Last edited:

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unfair to call anyone drafted by the Titans a bust. Let him go to a legit team, then decide. Mariota with the weapons in New England would be a megastar.

I actually believe that Mariota has the tools and talent to be a great NFL player... like with any QB on any level, you have to keep them off their back and healthy to produce.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually believe that Mariota has the tools and talent to be a great NFL player... like with any QB on any level, you have to keep them off their back and healthy to produce.

Mariota played 1 real defense in college. That real, NFL style defense made him look like a fool.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ran out of old Steelers to scavenge.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota played 1 real defense in college. That real, NFL style defense made him look like a fool.
This. The first defense that really hit him in the mouth threw him off his game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very happy my day just got a lot brighter. Yes you are right the GM Webster needs to go too. He has missed on nearly all his second round picks and those are your starting players. In 2014 drafted RB Bishop Sankey the guy averaged like 2 yards a carry demoted him to kickoff returner he fumbled two returns last game. BUST. This recent draft he drafted DGB a WR in 2nd round the guy seems dumb i'm already thinking bust. 3rd round pick offensive lineman at RT Jeremiah Poutasi the guy is getting manhandled. 4th round pick Jalston Fowler a damn FB WTF? guy has had like two carries so far. 5th round RB David Cobb had problems with work ethic in camp and been injured for weeks. 6th rounder Mount a LB already on injured reserve. 7th round WR Tre McBride talked up as a steal at WR haven't heard a word about him.

So Webster basically had a great shot to pick up good players in 2015 draft but clearly whiffed big time. Only pick i think was decent was Mariota IF he ends up being a franchise QB.

Wiz had to go, but he can't be the only one...the Webster can't survive this. I'm still not sure why firing a HC midseason makes sense, but MIA and now TN have gone that direction.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next to be fired, Mike McCoy.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
***Not sure if giving examples of young talent, or examples of shit***

How do you know? Talent? yes. Young and in need of coaching. Yes

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Banner may be a dweeby little number cruncher, but he is right about a lot of NFL people, and he was right about this guy.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kuharsky just owned Steve Underwood throughout the whole press conference.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with having a draft of Mariota and DGB is that you're basically saying that you are throwing the first year away. Neither were anywhere close to ready for primetime. You only do that draft if you already have a team in place like the Niners did a couple of years back when they had more players than they knew what to do with.

Taylor Lewan and Bishop Sankey were on the other side. Safe picks with limited upside but those weren't bad picks.

Chance Warmack and Justin Hunter both seemed like good picks at the time. I was never really a Justin Hunter fan but there are people who thought he was the next big thing.

Kendall Wright and Zach Brown. I thought both would bust coming out but to my knowledge they've been decent.

Jake Locker and Akeem Ayers. And here is where the franchise got derailed. 2011 nfl draft is one of the best ever. The list of great players picked after Jake Locker is staggering. Ayers was drafted ahead of a good number of offensive stars.

So as far as I can tell whiffing on 2011 draft is their biggest crime. Their inability to make any moves in Free Agency is the other.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with having a draft of Mariota and DGB is that you're basically saying that you are throwing the first year away. Neither were anywhere close to ready for primetime. You only do that draft if you already have a team in place like the Niners did a couple of years back when they had more players than they knew what to do with.

Taylor Lewan and Bishop Sankey were on the other side. Safe picks with limited upside but those weren't bad picks.

Chance Warmack and Justin Hunter both seemed like good picks at the time. I was never really a Justin Hunter fan but there are people who thought he was the next big thing.

Kendall Wright and Zach Brown. I thought both would bust coming out but to my knowledge they've been decent.

Jake Locker and Akeem Ayers. And here is where the franchise got derailed. 2011 nfl draft is one of the best ever. The list of great players picked after Jake Locker is staggering. Ayers was drafted ahead of a good number of offensive stars.

So as far as I can tell whiffing on 2011 draft is their biggest crime. Their inability to make any moves in Free Agency is the other.

The Titans shocked the world going after Jake Locker with that #7 pick. Just like Steve Underwood repeated in the press conference today, the Adams (first Bud, now Amy) are convinced that an elite or near-elite QB is crucial to winning a Super Bowl and they felt that Jake Locker was the best QB they could get with that pick. Problem is, they very well might have been able to get him with their 2nd-round pick.

:L

Akeem Ayers. Yet another player not good enough for the Titans but good enough for the Patriots.

LeGarrette Blount? Not good enough for the Titans but a weapon for the Patriots.

Those critical personnel mistakes are 100% the responsibility of Ruston Webster, who Steve Underwood has "complete confidence" in.

The Titans are a farce.

Steve Underwood fully admits he's not even a "football guy" which is quite obvious when he denies what all the experts say and blesses Webster's abysmal handling of the draft.