• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which Superbowl Matchup Are You Hoping For?

Which Superbowl Matchup Are You Hoping For?

• KC/SF

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • CINCY/SF

Votes: 28 56.0%
  • KC/PHILLY

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • CINCY/PHILLY

Votes: 12 24.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not even attempt to run at SF. At least not straight up. Anything that relies on blocking straight up or traditional runs is not gonna end well.

With that being said, if *any* OL can straight up block the SF DL, it's probably Philly.
The difference is Hurts when it comes to the running game. It’s a small sample size but the Eagles RBs rushed for 1.3 yards per carry less with Minshew at QB than they did with Hurts. Hurts has to be accounted for in every mesh making it harder for teams to have the unblocked back side defender impact run plays. And then of course, your point applies. The Eagles OL is a great unit.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so we pretty much believe Philly scores in the 20 pt range, SF 34? IDK, does the Purdy express derail?, if Philly takes away the pass, can a run game be enough to score 3 td's?
I see it the other way. The niners run game coordination and their misdirection will make big plays that allows Purdy play action success. Hell, it could get in the 40's if philly's offense turns the ball over.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles defense will be lucky if they only give up 34 to the great Brock Purdy who cut his teeth as a member of the Iowa St Cyclones, college football royalty. After slaying the dragon that is Big 12 defenses, he seamlessly adjusted to the NFL game. He has completely dominated outstanding defensive units like the Seattle Seahawks and the Oakland/Los Angeles/Oakland/Los Angeles/ Las Vegas Raiders.
are you a chick?
maybe the one on top in nut crunch time?

also...LOL, did he reply to you?
excuse me

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Philly - the horsepoop-eating fan base."

:stooges:
It was only one guy, but he did it for all of us.

The shithead didn't truly believe in Doug P and that great Philadelphia Eagles team.

So he's really more like you than me, shit eater.

:wash:

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles defense will be lucky if they only give up 34 to the great Brock Purdy who cut his teeth as a member of the Iowa St Cyclones, college football royalty. After slaying the dragon that is Big 12 defenses, he seamlessly adjusted to the NFL game. He has completely dominated outstanding defensive units like the Seattle Seahawks and the Oakland/Los Angeles/Oakland/Los Angeles/ Las Vegas Raiders.
Brock Purdy , oh the rookie that played what 5 games and is now being considered rookie of the year over WALKER?.
SF defense has put Purdy in this position. By keeping opponents within a touchdown it allows Purdy t feel comfortable and go through his progressions, but if doesn't have that luxury, how does he perform?
He's fine when he has both run and pass options to move the ball.
The eagles will take one of those away, guaranteed. Dallas defense was good but the offense didn't put any pressure on Purdy to perform.
I think this is the game he falls

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was only one guy, but he did it for all of us.

The shithead didn't truly believe in Doug P and that great Philadelphia Eagles team.

So he's really more like you than me, shit eater.

:wash:
what are you talking about? 2017?

hell, eagle fans didn't believe what happened happened.
go back and read the forum if you think this is horse shit.

:markmay:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Philly/ KC matchup has some cool storylines like the Andy Reid Bowl, the Kelce Bros. Bowl, and the fact that both teams are recent SB winners. My personal choice is the Niners/ Bengals to bring back memories of the 80s. Also the storyline of the first overall pick and the last overall pick is kinda cool. But the real cool is the nickname "Joe Cool". Burrow wins with some epic drive and instead of John Candy in the stands, he's asking the guys in the huddle what brand of cigar he should light up afterward. To me, it would just be a cool passing of the torch. Besides, Cinci is the only team without a SB trophy in the case so I want them to get one.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the Niners don't make it.

But I went with Bengals vs Eagles
I'm rooting for the 9ers. I hated them back in the Harbaugh days, but that was then and this is now. The team I detest in our division now is Arizona. The Rams - meh. Take them or leave them. But, if the Seahawks can't be there then I don't mind our division rival winning it.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what are you talking about? 2017?

hell, eagle fans didn't believe what happened happened.
go back and read the forum if you think this is horse shit.

:markmay:
Well, to be fair, Eagle fans would know about horseshit, wouldn't they.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...fucked up breed.

I've heard recently it's not easy being a Philly fan.
That’s because people from around the country have no idea what pro sports are like here in the Northeast corridor. NY Philly Boston etc…we are crazy about our sports teams. Philly has a ton of hard luck circumstances when it comes to a championship history. It just hits differently up here. Down south the equivalent comes in collegiate sports, especially football.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm rooting for the 9ers. I hated them back in the Harbaugh days, but that was then and this is now. The team I detest in our division now is Arizona. The Rams - meh. Take them or leave them. But, if the Seahawks can't be there then I don't mind our division rival winning it.
Yeah, the hate for San Fran is basically gone now for me as well. I honestly don't have any real hatred for any team anymore. I would say my least favorite teams are the Cowboys and Eagles just because of the back and forth between their fan bases that frankly, is just stupid trolling at this point. I also dislike Green Bay to some extent as far as NFC teams. In the AFC, the Broncos are still a team that I can never really like, probably because of the 80s/ 90s Elway memories. Most teams, it's just like you say about the Rams, meh.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say my least favorite teams are the Cowboys and Eagles just because of the back and forth between their fan bases that frankly, is just stupid trolling at this point.
I kinda understand where you're coming from. I'll just say when I arrived here at the hoop, I thought this site was Seattle Country and pretty much stayed on the team page because of mostly stupid trolling. I'll will admit, I defend the flag and tend to get on the edge of my seat when posters act as if they know what the hell is going to happen, maybe in the NBA, but not the NFL they don't. The shit flies here from year to year, and Seattle fans know how this game is played with regards to shock value statements.

So....it somewhat trolling fashion I'll just add, thankfully the stupid trolling (lace undies stuff) no longer comes from folks here who also carry a badge.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda understand where you're coming from. I'll just say when I arrived here at the hoop, I thought this site was Seattle Country and pretty much stayed on the team page because of mostly stupid trolling. I'll will admit, I defend the flag and tend to get on the edge of my seat when posters act as if they know what the hell is going to happen, maybe in the NBA, but not the NFL they don't. The shit flies here from year to year, and Seattle fans know how this game is played with regards to shock value statements.

So....it somewhat trolling fashion I'll just add, thankfully the stupid trolling (lace undies stuff) no longer comes from folks here who also carry a badge.
Yeah, I was kind of going by more than just here on the Hoop. It's bad on here at times but elsewhere, it gets beyond ridiculous. I never was a fan of either team so it doesn't take much for me to get annoyed by these things though. At any rate, carry on and cheers.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to be fair, Eagle fans would know about horseshit, wouldn't they.
Let's just hope that they clan the horseshit up off the streets before the game tomorrow, just in case the Eagles win. Or maybe not clean it up if some of them are still hungry.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, I'll bite since it's sports history and all.

"That’s because people from around the country have no idea what pro sports are like here in the Northeast corridor. NY Philly Boston etc…we are crazy about our sports teams."

True, but many folks have lived a good portion of their live following the sports bouncing ball over the years and know full well what a Northeast corridor fan is all about. You really can't talk any sport for long without acknowledging New York, Boston, and Philly. Different degree of crazy over those years, but crazy all the same. The remaining sports crazy cities took a little longer to develop.

Philly has a ton of hard luck circumstances when it comes to a championship history.

is championship history allowed here? I've seen 27 years now with no conference title game appearances. I also saw the first 35 years with 16 conference game appearances. Many Dallas fans have seen both good and bad history. I'm told the good is ancient history.

It just hits differently up here. Down south the equivalent comes in collegiate sports, especially football.

It's more than college sports in the south unless you're talking really ancient history.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was kind of going by more than just here on the Hoop. It's bad on here at times but elsewhere, it gets beyond ridiculous.
Curious now...are you talking bars, school and church?
never seen philly & Dallas go at it other than from the keyboard.

I can tell you this about Dallas and the surrounding area, 90% of the NFL teams have their teams sports bar in Dallas and they are packed on NFL Sunday. Transplants outnumber the homers in Texas bigger cities.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like Cincy back in it for the AFC.

For the NFC it's a coinflip. Obviously I don't want the division rivals of Seattle winning the SBOWL... but if the Eagles win the Eagles fans on this forum wont ever shut the fuck up... so it's 50/50.