• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which RB are we most likely to draft?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bite your tongue.

I've read on here many, many times that it is the only possible outcome and anything else would be completely stupid. The good news is I've also read AP is willing to play here for less!!! Seriously he's going to take a pay cut to play for Dallas. The internet don't lie...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
56 hours until AP is traded to Dallas...

All kidding aside. We all know AP could POSSIBLY be traded today. If Dallas did this I would honestly feel like all the smart moves we have made over the past few years go away in one fell swoop and we go right back to drunken Jerry running the show and looking for the spotlight and stars and focusing on today instead of the big picture. We all know even Jerry isn't this stupid any more, so you look at other teams in other situations. I'm sure there will be talks between Minn and other teams today about this as there will be many, many players, but no team should want to give a prime pick and pay a huge contract and Minn shouldn't be thinking that giving him up for a late pick is going to help them. If AP gets traded today it hurts Minn. Are they bad enough that they don't care? Jax is my guess as the only team in the league that would trade for him. Need to put fans in the seat. need a star. Need talent. Have the cap room. Who knows.

My guess is Minn converts a few million of his 2015 into a signing bonus and all of a sudden he is happy again. It's always about the money with these guys...

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All kidding aside. We all know AP could POSSIBLY be traded today. If Dallas did this I would honestly feel like all the smart moves we have made over the past few years go away in one fell swoop and we go right back to drunken Jerry running the show and looking for the spotlight and stars and focusing on today instead of the big picture. We all know even Jerry isn't this stupid any more, so you look at other teams in other situations. I'm sure there will be talks between Minn and other teams today about this as there will be many, many players, but no team should want to give a prime pick and pay a huge contract and Minn shouldn't be thinking that giving him up for a late pick is going to help them. If AP gets traded today it hurts Minn. Are they bad enough that they don't care? Jax is my guess as the only team in the league that would trade for him. Need to put fans in the seat. need a star. Need talent. Have the cap room. Who knows.

My guess is Minn converts a few million of his 2015 into a signing bonus and all of a sudden he is happy again. It's always about the money with these guys...

he wants at least 25M of the 40+ left on his contract guaranteed according to some reports

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he wants at least 25M of the 40+ left on his contract guaranteed according to some reports

Not surprised. Like I said it's always about the money. Let him shovel that BS story to the morons that are dumb enough to believe it. If Minn gave him the guaranteed money he'd laugh his lying, child beating ass all the way to the bank. I hope they make him play it out and cut him w/o one guaranteed penny if he plays like the 30 year old RB he is

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised. Like I said it's always about the money. Let him shovel that BS story to the morons that are dumb enough to believe it. If Minn gave him the guaranteed money he'd laugh his lying, child beating ass all the way to the bank. I hope they make him play it out and cut him w/o one guaranteed penny if he plays like the 30 year old RB he is

Sounds personal...personal emotions show no real credibility at all, because it's obviously just personal here with you concerning AP, and it has absolutely nothing to do with what he could do to improve this team. Keep on waving that AP hater flag though, I'm sure you have some supporters here that love hugging draft picks (like you) and keep preaching some mythical cap efficiency mantra that will always be manipulated anyway (as if EVERY premium draft pick has became a stud for this team?).

Last edited:

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So it only "hurts" Minny to trade AP, yet he's not worth paying for or acquiring??

Makes perfect sense.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds personal...personal emotions show no real credibility at all, because it's obviously just personal here with you concerning AP, and it has absolutely nothing to do with what he could do to improve this team. Keep on waving that AP hater flag though, I'm sure you have some supporters here that love hugging draft picks (like you) and keep preaching some mythical cap efficiency mantra that will always be manipulated anyway (as if EVERY premium draft pick has became a stud for this team?).

Good Grief Nobody hates AP he is an excellent back on the wrong side of 30. He could do very well behind the Dallas line or he might not. Myself I hate the cost in trying to get him from Minny and his current salary cap number.

I will gladly take a young back in the Draft and move along.

We are not 1 player away from the SB.

And JFYI 4 out of the last 5 PREMIUM 1st rounders 4 are starters on the team and only 1 due to injuries has not been a success. And that's not EVERY pick just the last 5 years.
As far as the cap goes Draft picks are more valuable because of the rookie wage scale.

If we could get AP for a 3rd and 5 mill a year Hell YES other than that Minny can keep him.

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Grief Nobody hates AP he is an excellent back on the wrong side of 30. He could do very well behind the Dallas line or he might not. Myself I hate the cost in trying to get him from Minny and his current salary cap number.

I will gladly take a young back in the Draft and move along.

We are not 1 player away from the SB.

And JFYI 4 out of the last 5 PREMIUM 1st rounders 4 are starters on the team and only 1 due to injuries has not been a success. And that's not EVERY pick just the last 5 years.
As far as the cap goes Draft picks are more valuable because of the rookie wage scale.

If we could get AP for a 3rd and 5 mill a year Hell YES other than that Minny can keep him.

"Let him shovel that BS story to the morons that are dumb enough to believe it. If Minn gave him the guaranteed money he'd laugh his lying, child beating ass"

Don't know where I ever got that impression from??

So what know, let's talk about Hardy's woman-beating gun-toting ass, my bad, he's already on this team right, so I guess he get's a free pass from him??

Listen, you can believe that if you want to here, let's just agree to disagree here and leave it at that. His tone about AP has never wavered here one bit for weeks with his consistent derogatory comments about him that has nothing to do with his actual football ability or what he can add to this team, or even showing a willingness to even recognize his already proven and widely accepted superior talents, so trust me, it is personal with him.

Last edited:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is only one person on this board delusional enough and mentally unstable enough to make the AP issue personal and I think we ALL know who that is...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it only "hurts" Minny to trade AP, yet he's not worth paying for or acquiring??

Makes perfect sense.

I know you aren't very smart so I'll go slow. Trading one of your best players for a draft pick makes you worse In year 1. What is Minnesota going to do with the cap dollars now?

That is a completely different topic than trading for a player that may be good, but giving up an early pick AND paying him like $12M per year. And newsflash...there isn't only 1 year left to the Dallas Cowboys.. You make trades for more than one year and AP may be good year 1 but what will he be year 2 or 3? Do you still not understand that is part of the problem?

I don't expect you to be able to understand this, but I can at least say I tried to help someone unfortunate today now...

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ajayi is still on board to begin the 4th round, but I'm not so sure he makes it to Dallas at this point. Javorius Allen could be the guy at this point, assuming he's on the board when Dallas is up. 8 RBs have been drafted so far. We might see a little run on them, possibly 4 or 5 guys off the board, in round 4.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ajayi is still on board to begin the 4th round, but I'm not so sure he makes it to Dallas at this point. Javorius Allen could be the guy at this point, assuming he's on the board when Dallas is up. 8 RBs have been drafted so far. We might see a little run on them, possibly 4 or 5 guys off the board, in round 4.

Maybe, but if 8 teams already took a RB how many more are looking to still get one in the 4th round?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas should trade up and grab Ajayi. The potential reward would far outweigh the cost of moving up in the 4th round.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but if 8 teams already took a RB how many more are looking to still get one in the 4th round?

Hard to say, but for those that may want a significant contributor, it could be now or never. As is, the pickins are looking a little slim.