• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which QB would you want

Which QB would you want.

• Colin Kaepernick

Votes: 29 46.8%
  • Alex Smith

Votes: 33 53.2%

• Total voters

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, just looking for insight as to why a 9ers fan still prefers Kap to Smith. (After re-reading, my post does look like Im talking trash. My bad)

I like Alex and want him to succeed. I didn't like the way things got handled but it's in the past and I am sticking by Harbaugh's guy. I don't prefer Kaep but that's the way it is, so I am trying to support who we have. Just figured there were others who felt the same way.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Alex and want him to succeed. I didn't like the way things got handled but it's in the past and I am sticking by Harbaugh's guy. I don't prefer Kaep but that's the way it is, so I am trying to support who we have. Just figured there were others who felt the same way.

This makes sense to me.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One day soon, Alex is probably gonna get a big contract, too. I'd rather have the better QB, which is Colin Kaepernick.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand why this topic is so heavily discussed.

When Alex Smith was our QB, we heard endless criticism about his limitations. Trust me, we know them all too well. He checks the ball down way too much, he has a difficult time getting the ball to his receivers, and he doesn't play very well when the play starts to break down. With that said, he's a class act and he's very intelligent with the ball. I hate to use the term "game manager" because I believe he's more than that, but he simply does not have the skill-set to be one of the better QB's in the league.

Kaepernick is still young and has a much higher ceiling. He struggles with his secondary reads and he has to make better decisions. His skill-set is much higher: stronger arm, better accuracy, keeps eyes down the field, great play-making ability.

I don't think Kaepernick is one of the better QB's in the league, but he definitely CAN be if he continues to develop. He has the ability to completely take over a game (ask Green Bay). I can't say the same about Smith.

I'll take Kaepernick and I hope that Alex continues to have success in KC.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked first.

I'd rather that you start, especially since we have an NFL team who saw both up close and decided that Kaepernick was the guy to keep.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When Alex Smith was our QB, we heard endless criticism about his limitations. Trust me, we know them all too well. He checks the ball down way too much, he has a difficult time getting the ball to his receivers, and he doesn't play very well when the play starts to break down. With that said, he's a class act and he's very intelligent with the ball. I hate to use the term "game manager" because I believe he's more than that, but he simply does not have the skill-set to be one of the better QB's in the league.

Kaepernick is still young and has a much higher ceiling. He struggles with his secondary reads and he has to make better decisions. His skill-set is much higher: stronger arm, better accuracy, keeps eyes down the field, great play-making ability.

I don't think Kaepernick is one of the better QB's in the league, but he definitely CAN be if he continues to develop. He has the ability to completely take over a game (ask Green Bay). I can't say the same about Smith.

That's a good post right there.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather that you start, especially since we have an NFL team who saw both up close and decided that Kaepernick was the guy to keep.

Nah. The 9ers opinion isn't what interests me. They put their money where their mouth is.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe its only a debate with non niner fans?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RGIII. Oh wait... That wasn't the question?!

I'd take Wilson, even if he is vertically challenged. :suds:

Wait....is this for a one legged bunny hop competition? In that case, put me down for RG Knee as well...

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep is a better athlete, Smith is a better QB

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point based on what they have shown prior to the 2014 season, Smith should be the choice. If we were going off of potential or upside, Kap would be the choice.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick has a higher completion percentage (barely), better rating, lower interception percentage, higher touchdown percentage, higher rating, and he averages 7.9 yards per attempt to Smith's 6.6. Plus he's a better runner and has a much higher ceiling.

What I don't understand is why anyone would choose Smith.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait....is this for a one legged bunny hop competition? In that case, put me down for RG Knee as well...

C'mon UK, I know you're better than that. And you know I never josh regarding serious injuries to players.

:suds:

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick has a higher completion percentage (barely), better rating, lower interception percentage, higher touchdown percentage, higher rating, and he averages 7.9 yards per attempt to Smith's 6.6. Plus he's a better runner and has a much higher ceiling.

What I don't understand is why anyone would choose Smith.

Is this serious?

So all other factors are equal, is that your point?

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand all the Alex Smith support. I like it, but I don't understand it...at all.

Of the most significant QB categories in my opinion (and I swear I'm not just trying to use the stats that agree with my opinion), Kaepernick is better.

Yards Per Attempt:
Kaepernick 7.69
Smith 6.52

Passer Rating:
Kaepernick 91.6
Smith 89.1

Total QBR:
Kaepernick 68.6
Smith 49.4

Then consider the fact that Kaepernick did this without his best receiver for much of the season. But more importantly, just WATCH them play and it should be incredibly obvious which QB is better.

Do the Smith voters here even watch football? Please enlighten me as to why Alex Smith is better. I don't get it at all.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this serious?

So all other factors are equal, is that your point?

Of course they're not equal. There is no way to mathematically prove that one QB is better than the other, but the data should still be considered as evidence.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand all the Alex Smith support. I like it, but I don't understand it...at all.

Of the most significant QB categories in my opinion (and I swear I'm not just trying to use the stats that agree with my opinion), Kaepernick is better.

Yards Per Attempt:
Kaepernick 7.69
Smith 6.52

Passer Rating:
Kaepernick 91.6
Smith 89.1

Total QBR:
Kaepernick 68.6
Smith 49.4

Then consider the fact that Kaepernick did this without his best receiver for much of the season. But more importantly, just WATCH them play and it should be incredibly obvious which QB is better.

Do the Smith voters here even watch football? Please enlighten me as to why Alex Smith is better. I don't get it at all.

The best I can offer you is 2012 when they both had roughly the same weapons around them. When that happend, Smith was more accurate, had 77 fewer total yards in the same number of attempts, 2 more TD's, 2 more INT's, 1 more fumble, and a rating of 104.1 to Colins 98.3.

An injured year vs a 1st year starting. Take your pick. I wouldn't have been so quick to toss Smith aside for a running QB, but not my call. I wouldn't have thrown a big contract at Colin either, but it looks like they left themselves plenty of escape clauses so no issue their either.

I'd just prefer the guy who I know can survive on his QB abilities as opposed to a guy who has better QB abilities based on his RB abilities. When the ability to run slows, then what? You can get out of the contract, but where does it leave you? You have a starting QB who in a year will have little security and you will need a solid backup on the bench. Most starters know they have 100% guaranteed years, maybe Colin doesn't care about that or maybe he will in the future. As his legs go, he becomes less valuable IMO.

Last edited by a moderator: