• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which QB will make a vast improvement?

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thing with one of my friends which I politely reminded him of the Jay-Z lyric that that comparison is like a candle to the sun that shit don't even out

this was fucked up to try to read lmao

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be hard to do but I think Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck will only get better.. Both guys have crazy work ethic and study film just like Peyton.

Won't be popular but Biggest step back for me is : Colin Kaepernick, lets see how he evolves with the Defense's getting better at stopping him on the run. I have a feeling Kaepernick will become a turnover machine this year. Word was he already struggled with plays and reading the coverage last year.. Guy has a cannon arm but I see Colin taking a step back this year... I know alot of people feel opposite but thats why they play the games. We will see

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Bradford another great candidate.. Finally a decent O-Line and a couple weapons around him. Tavon & Jared Cook should have good years

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On he flip side, is there any QB you think will regress in 2013?

An obvious candidate would be RGIII. Carson Palmer was never the same after his knee injury. GRIII tore an ACL and his LCL, and that was the 2nd time he's had the LCL repaired.

I also have doubts Russell Wilson can duplicate his obscene 2012 performance now that he's a marked man. But then again, I severely underestimated him the first time.

I think the most obvious, and I honestly hope I am 100% wrong, but I think Alex will find his way back to more statistically familiar territory in 2013 and thus have the biggest (statistical) jump backward from 2012.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Going to be hard to do but I think Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck will only get better.. Both guys have crazy work ethic and study film just like Peyton.

Won't be popular but Biggest step back for me is : Colin Kaepernick, lets see how he evolves with the Defense's getting better at stopping him on the run. I have a feeling Kaepernick will become a turnover machine this year. Word was he already struggled with plays and reading the coverage last year.. Guy has a cannon arm but I see Colin taking a step back this year... I know alot of people feel opposite but thats why they play the games. We will see

I don't see it. Kap didn't have an offseason to get familiar with the offense last year, and was largely playing in a scheme that was not designed for him or was pulled together quickly once he stepped in. He was learning on the fly - as was the coaching staff. With a full offseason, I don't see him crashing back to earth. He has a tremendous work ethic, and superior physical tools to the other two guys you mention. It's possible your perceptions are skewed as a Rams fan (Kap's two biggest regular season rushing games came against the Rams), but we rarely relied on called runs in the regular season. Nor in the playoffs other than the GB game, for that matter. And I don't see any of Jim Harbaugh's QBs becoming a turnover machine.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think the most obvious, and I honestly hope I am 100% wrong, but I think Alex will find his way back to more statistically familiar territory in 2013 and thus have the biggest (statistical) jump backward from 2012.

I don't see Alex falling back that far. He'll be playing behind a good OL, has talent at RB and WR, tremendous depth at TE, and a QB-friendly coach. I think he'll put up fairly similar numbers to what he has the past few years, though his win total will likely decline somewhat.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This reminds of my friend that's a packers fan. He was so impressed with how the Packers handled the read option against Webb that he thought it was certain they would control Kaep :lol:

That was so insulting last year when Packers fans (and I think even McCarthy said something about it) when they said that they handled Webb in the wildcard round so they were prepared to handle Kaep.

I'm so glad they got torched. Bunch of cheesehead idiots. Did they overlook the fact that Webb cannot throw?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kaep will be the most improved QB.

By the end of the year he will be viewed as the best QB in the league.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

your opinion is fine but IMO.......the problem is you're viewing Kaep as a runner. Kaep is a good passer who happens to run well. if he continues passing like he did last year, he'll be considered a top NFL QB.

if he hadn't passed so well last year, he wouldn't even be considered a threat now? we wouldn't have traded Alex Smith if Kaep couldn't pass?

running skills alone can't do it for NFL QB's, they have to pass well FIRST and foremost. Vick wasn't doing damage till the that one year when he passed well, was it three years ago?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll go out on a limb and say EJ Manuel has a much better season than people expect and the Bills make the playoffs. I say this because I think the Bills have a lot of talent on offense and Manuel will be an upgrade over Fitzpatrick.

Not a better year than Tyler Wilson. They should have waited in the 2nd round to draft themselves Manuel, Smith, or, Glennon, or Wilson. They had the strongerst arms to play in the cold weather climate.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought the discussion of Kap generally relying on his arm was the most pertinent part of the article.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought the discussion of Kap generally relying on his arm was the most pertinent part of the article.

can you post that part, cause for me the article is focusing on his running? it makes sense because Kap's largest run stat (most noted game running) was against GB.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is it "Packers" don't think, or is it "Jones" doesn't think?

anyway, doesn't matter what they think.

Yea, that was quite a bit or journalistic license to translate one quote from a rookie to speaking for the whole franchise.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
can you post that part, cause for me the article is focusing on his running? it makes sense because Kap's largest run stat (most noted game running) was against GB.

Here's the rub: Kaepernick may hold the single-game rushing record for a quarterback. But unlike Griffin's Redskins, the read-option was only a part - sometimes a small part - of the 49ers offense. He averaged six carries per game in his seven regular-season starts. In arguably his best game of the regular season against Chicago, he ran the ball four times for 10 yards. Yes, that number jumped to 16 carries against the Packers in the divisional playoffs. But a week later against the Falcons, he had two carries for 21 yards.

Read more here: 49ers Blog and Q&A: Packers' rookie doesn't think Kaepernick can keep up his pace

I read into it somewhat, but obviously he was using his arm against the Bears and Falcons.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Alex falling back that far. He'll be playing behind a good OL, has talent at RB and WR, tremendous depth at TE, and a QB-friendly coach. I think he'll put up fairly similar numbers to what he has the past few years, though his win total will likely decline somewhat.

I'm not ready to anoint the KC O'Line as being good just yet - it could be, but with two possibly three new starters it remains to be seen. Individually there may be some talent but how well they play collectively is an unknown.

KC's strength last season was their running game and as long as that remains - that will be a huge plus for Alex.

WR's are good assets as long as they can get open and as long as Smith can complement their strengths.

KC barely has any TE depth so I have to believe you are thinking of a different team. Only two teams in the league have fewer TE's than KC.

Reid is definitely a difference maker for Alex no doubt.

Overall everything you mentioned here is meaningful, however these tangibles cover the least of the contributors to Smith's success while in SF.

During his time in SF, Alex was successful mostly because of our defense not because of our offensive weapons and KC did/does not have a good defense.

If KC's defense can't keep points off the board and not consistently put Smith in a hole, he is going to struggle - mightily imo.

Combine this with KC's schedule and the short leash the fans have placed on Smith, and this could become an experiment gone wrong real early.

In fact 'early' is where the key to his success resides, imo. If Smith can come out of the gate strong - real strong - then I think he proves you right, if he comes out weak, then I think he proves me right.

Last edited by a moderator:

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
KC barely has any TE depth so I have to believe you are thinking of a different team. Only two teams in the league have fewer TE's than KC.

Tony Moeaki, Anthony Fasano, Travis Kelce (the burner from Cincinatti)