• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which QB will make a vast improvement?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What QB do you think will make a vast improvement from last year in 2013?

By the end of the season, I think someone for whom the AFC needs to watch out is Jake Locker. The Titans have been bringing him along slowly. He's had the same head coach his whole career, but he only played 5 games under his current offensive coordinator (they'll probably run about the same system in 2013).

The Titans' OL is looking pretty strong with Roos, Levitre, Warmack & the others. And now that they have Hunter & Delanie Walker, Locker has some of the most talented receiving threats in the game.

Walker is a great receiving TE.
Chris Johnson hasn't caught a ton of balls lately, but he's always a threat to take a short pass the distance.
Kendal Wright had a pretty good rookie year & will be improved.
Kenny Britt will be the X factor. Can he stay healthy & out of trouble?
And I think Hunter was the best WR in the draft.
Also, Locker is always a threat to run the ball.

That's some damn good talent on the offensive side of the ball. Locker may take a few games to get into the swing of things, but the AFC better watch out if / when he does.

If the Titans just stuck with Jeff Fisher, I think they could've been contenders by 2014 if not this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Andy Dalton

I have to respectfully disagree with that one. I think Dalton had already maex out his potential last season. Having Eifert will help, but I have zero faith in Marvin Lewis. He can run a defense, but I don't know that the coaching staff (nor Dalton) has the chops to produce much of an offense.

Besides, Dalton already had an above average season. He's have to surpass some pretty good QBs to make much of an improvement.

But hey, I thought Tony Romo was going to take the next step & have an amazing year last season. Missed on that one. :redface:

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is saying Andrew Luck cheating? :laugh3:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Is saying Andrew Luck cheating? :laugh3:

Yes, but good call anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if Luck has one of the 5 best seasons of anyone in the NFL this year.

My only concern with him would be how much longer Reggie Wayne can be a great. I'm surprised the Colts didn't make WR a bigger priority this offseason. I think they would've been better off taking Hopkins, Patterson or Hunter (my favourite one) instead of Werner.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but good call anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if Luck has one of the 5 best seasons of anyone in the NFL this year.

My only concern with him would be how much longer Reggie Wayne can be a great. I'm surprised the Colts didn't make WR a bigger priority this offseason. I think they would've been better off taking Hopkins, Patterson or Hunter (my favourite one) instead of Werner.

Colts had to go Defense but I don't think Werner should have been the guy. But it'll be fun to see how much Luck matures with the Allen/Fleener combo. If Hilton is legit they'll be a scary offense. Wayne should be good for another year or 2.

But if I have to give a real answer I would say Freeman or Bradford are due for big improvements.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Locker's a good choice if the Titans run a zone read, otherwise the guy is going to continue to disappoint.

My pick would have to be Tony Romo. Romo just has to treat Dez like he's a #1 receiver and give him the ball even when there's a small window. Also think Terrance Williams is a perfect #2 WR to compliment him and Austin could still be useful in the slot.///My runner up would be Tannehill, always liked him as a prospect, the Dolphins just need to get him the weapons!

Andrew Luck tied the league for most thrown INTs and according to footballoutsiders had led the league with most dropped INTs, I'd say he has a lot of room to improve.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
My runner up would be Tannehill, always liked him as a prospect, the Dolphins just need to get him the weapons!

I always liked Tannehill's potential, but I think he still has a long way to go. I don't expect much from him this year. Especially with the loss of Jake Long.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Colts signed DHB who I expect big things out of now that he has a legit QB throwing him the ball.

Teaming DHB with Wayne reduced the need for them to pursue a WR during the draft

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Colts signed DHB who I expect big things out of now that he has a legit QB throwing him the ball.

Teaming DHB with Wayne reduced the need for them to pursue a WR during the draft

Oh yeah. I forgot about that.

Great signing IMO. I wish the Niners signed him.

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
On he flip side, is there any QB you think will regress in 2013?

An obvious candidate would be RGIII. Carson Palmer was never the same after his knee injury. GRIII tore an ACL and his LCL, and that was the 2nd time he's had the LCL repaired.

I also have doubts Russell Wilson can duplicate his obscene 2012 performance now that he's a marked man. But then again, I severely underestimated him the first time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick can make a vast improvement. Clock management and pre-snap adjustments.

KingFlea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im gonna say that Joe Webb will complete a pass or two this year. Which will be light years ahead of what he accomplished in that playoff game last season.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Im gonna say that Joe Webb will complete a pass or two this year. Which will be light years ahead of what he accomplished in that playoff game last season.

This reminds of my friend that's a packers fan. He was so impressed with how the Packers handled the read option against Webb that he thought it was certain they would control Kaep :lol:

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go out on a limb and say EJ Manuel has a much better season than people expect and the Bills make the playoffs. I say this because I think the Bills have a lot of talent on offense and Manuel will be an upgrade over Fitzpatrick.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reminds of my friend that's a packers fan. He was so impressed with how the Packers handled the read option against Webb that he thought it was certain they would control Kaep :lol:

Same thing with one of my friends which I politely reminded him of the Jay-Z lyric that that comparison is like a candle to the sun that shit don't even out