• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which player(s) move will improve the incoming team the most for 2015 season?

Which player(s) move will improve the team the most for 2015 season?

• Total voters

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The traditionally weak pats pass rush was what, 2nd in team sacks?
Sheard was huge.

Sheard is probably wishing he had signed one year deal and was hitting the market now.

The games I saw of the Pat's this year, he was always more impressive than Jones. Both of those guys will be FA after next year. No way they will be able to afford both. In other words look for the Pat's to draft a DE once and maybe twice in the mid rounds of this upcoming draft and try and groom that guy to be a starter in 2017.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheard is probably wishing he had signed one year deal and was hitting the market now.

The games I saw of the Pat's this year, he was always more impressive than Jones. Both of those guys will be FA after next year. No way they will be able to afford both. In other words look for the Pat's to draft a DE once and maybe twice in the mid rounds of this upcoming draft and try and groom that guy to be a starter in 2017.
Agreed, which is why i said Jones is a goner and sheard makes that loss easier to swallow. Sheards more versatile.
Chandler has 15-20 sacks in him next year, if healthy. Then he gets that 100 mil.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're just saying the because you still have your fingers crossed on Graham. ;)

I'm saying it because it's true. Just look at all the defensive FAs Denver brought in before last year. It took them a season to find their groove, then this year that defense took off.

Graham is another example though. Right before he went out he was finally starting to carve out his spot in the offense.

If your expectations of a new acquired free agent, trade acquisition, or highly rated rookie is for them to hit the ground running immediately, you will be disappointed about 90% of the time.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying it because it's true. Just look at all the defensive FAs Denver brought in before last year. It took them a season to find their groove, then this year that defense took off.

Graham is another example though. Right before he went out he was finally starting to carve out his spot in the offense.

If your expectations of a new acquired free agent, trade acquisition, or highly rated rookie is for them to hit the ground running immediately, you will be disappointed about 90% of the time.

Not true...Ward, Talib, and Ware all made the Pro Bowl last year. All of them graded out pretty well on PFF. Yes things went up a notch this year but you could say that has as much to do with Phillips coming in as the DC as that of them being in their 2nd year. Every player on the team for the most part had a better year this year not just those 3. To me that screams more Phillips than 2nd year on the team.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the case of Denver it is more an issue of a bad chess player than the actual execution by the FA's for the most part from what I have seen. The yards/play for instance with Denver is still very, very good if you look at 2014, but the actual PPG results are mediocre at best; and outright bad in the redzone. Maybe there was some lag like you say, but I don't think it was nearly as impactful as you are trying to make it in this particular case study. Your underlying premise though I think is usually correct. If I, and more than a few Denver fans, are correct about this, that raises a ton of questions as to how viable JDR is really as a HC of a contending team, but that can wait a few years.

Agreed on Graham. Will be very interesting how next year goes for him.

Also agreed- one reason I was against a WR acquisition in FA, outside of Maclin, last offseason was the lack of familiarity in Reid's brand of WCO. Maclin was more or less an odd exception to the rule where necessity pretty clearly made the contract he got being justifiable when accounting to his previous relationship with Reid.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also agreed- one reason I was against a WR acquisition in FA, outside of Maclin, last offseason was the lack of familiarity in Reid's brand of WCO. Maclin was more or less an odd exception to the rule where necessity pretty clearly made the contract he got being justifiable when accounting to his previous relationship with Reid.
I generally write off WR moves in FA as busts unless there is continuity in the offensive system. The problem with Maclin long-term is going to be durability but short-term he has been great.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I was just going off my perception of the question

Yep - NP. I am just happy to be pulling for a team that finally has a FO that doesn't waste all of their money on the next big high $$ FA that rarely provides a good return on investment. Haynesworth had to be the worst example in history in this category.