• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which GM's have drafted best over last 5 years?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even w a new GM they prob all gone. No incentive to stay.

I disagree. I think it would be a huge incentive if they didn't have to hear the circus music in their heads every day when they came to work.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I think it would be a huge incentive if they didn't have to hear the circus music in their heads every day when they came to work.

I just wonder if they'd all rather test the market just like Suh. Even with a new GM. And then there's wondering how they'll fit into the new scheme?

It's gonna be a long rebuild I'm afraid.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wonder if they'd all rather test the market just like Suh. Even with a new GM. And then there's wondering how they'll fit into the new scheme?

It's gonna be a long rebuild I'm afraid.

They aren't as likely to hit the open market. Suh had once in a lifetime leverage against the Leo's front office.

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i havent read the bulk of this long thread but my take from the graph is that the pats are getting A LOT of extra love on this grading scale cause they keep finding 'value'. for them it is really easy to earn a lot of points with this grading scale because they constantly trade back in the draft. when you have 4 and 5 and 7 picks from 3-5th rounds every year and just 1 or 2 1st round picks over that time yeah you are going to find 'value'.

typical conversation during a new england training camp:
'gee bill who are we going to start our 1st or 3rd rounder? oh yeah forgot you traded our 1st away again'

it is why despite brady being awesome they have struggled to find a great WR and is coincidentally a primary beef that myself and many others blame mayhew for. while on the subject who knows who Josh Boyce is? or how about Taylor Price?

and to cover my bases i love stafford but he isnt brady there is a reason why there are only ever a few brady's every generation that can pick a team up and win a SB without great talent.
aikman was great too when smith, irvin and the greatest oline ever were all together and healthy but after emmitt and irvin goet banged up not a lot of SBs for troy.

yeah i am sure i am blindspotting more than a few ugly calls from the lions last 5+ years but the hole we were coming out of didn't necessarily allow for us to drop back and get depth. we needed starters cause there weren't any and a team filled with a bunch of castoff 3rd + rounders had just electrified the nfl into an 0-16 season.

so yes i am going to stick my head in the sand give the guys up front another chance, cause they have gotten us to the playoffs twice in 6 years and probably woulda secured a win if the refs could pull their heads out of their asses long enough to make the right call. which is a hell of a lot more than millen can ever say he did for us.