• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which GM's have drafted best over last 5 years?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawson could be a fine piece in the next couple years. Hard to hold much against a rookie corner.

I will be disappointed if Van Noy can't beat out Whitehead, or atleast be on the field more than he is this season. (I was more excited for The Pain Train, but it's not fair to compare many LB picks to that one.) Hats off to Tahir for what he did last season though. And I suppose even more so if he can keep himself on the field again with a lot more depth.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never be happy bout drafting a kicker just to draft a kicker. But I'm fairly leshoure Ebron, Van Noy and Lawson wil have atleast TWO solid careers out of three. But I still haven't disliked the Ebron pick, so my opinion doesn't really matter on that one anyway.

Pretty sure they drafted a kicker because we needed a kicker.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swarm, i hear your boys picked up Josh Freeman today. The missing piece. Superbowl bound, Bro!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure they drafted a kicker because we needed a kicker.
Sure. But they didn't take one that looked like he should be a kicker at the highest level. Then he didn't look the part in camp, didn't look the part in pre-season, was kept becuase he was drafted, didn't look the part in the regular season, and got cut.

They drafted a kicker to draft a kicker. Poor work imo.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. But they didn't take one that looked like he should be a kicker at the highest level. Then he didn't look the part in camp, didn't look the part in pre-season, was kept becuase he was drafted, didn't look the part in the regular season, and got cut.

They drafted a kicker to draft a kicker. Poor work imo.

By the numbers he was probably the best kicker in college. Obviously it didn't work out but regardless of position the player they would have gotten with that pick likely would also be off the team. I don't blame them for giving it a shot.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would not surprise me if Freese made it back into the league. His problem was correctable IMO.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think being a no talent fucktard ass clown is correctable.
So you are saying Millenhew won't ever get another front office job once he's fired. :thumb:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swarm, i hear your boys picked up Josh Freeman today. The missing piece. Superbowl bound, Bro!

Coming from a fan who's back up runs out of the backs of end zones. That's rich.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's Millenhew?

Millenhew: You are going to re-sign with us right? We will win championships

Suh thinking: (How do I keep a straight face here)

bilde

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never be happy bout drafting a kicker just to draft a kicker. But I'm fairly leshoure Ebron, Van Noy and Lawson wil have atleast TWO solid careers out of three. But I still haven't disliked the Ebron pick, so my opinion doesn't really matter on that one anyway.

I will defend Mayhew on the Martin pick. They were second worst net Avg. year before. Which is why I defended from day one. That kid flipped the field many times and the number two defense did great when he pinned them deep. I realize he shanked a punt in the playoffs. So suddenly he was a bad punter to many. That kid has just as much to do with making the playoffs as others on the team did. Not to mention the many touchbacks he provides from the tee. Takes away a scoring chance almost every time he kicks off.
Reason I defend is he went after his guy. I can't defend that his pick failed. I can not fault him if and big if his scouts felt strongly about Martin and Freese and talked him into drafting them. One worked and one did not. At least he tried to get the guy they wanted. Hindsight on the Freese pick it actually may have landed us Prater for years to come and ease the Hanson pain.

Hoping to not see a kicker drafted for years to come. Only FA camp bodies brought in to compete

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Millenhew: You are going to re-sign with us right? We will win championships

Suh thinking: (How do I keep a straight face here)

bilde

Mayhew "...so anyways, that's how taking Ebron at 10 is gonna win us the North this year."

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will defend Mayhew on the Martin pick. They were second worst net Avg. year before. Which is why I defended from day one. That kid flipped the field many times and the number two defense did great when he pinned them deep. I realize he shanked a punt in the playoffs. So suddenly he was a bad punter to many. That kid has just as much to do with making the playoffs as others on the team did. Not to mention the many touchbacks he provides from the tee. Takes away a scoring chance almost every time he kicks off.
Reason I defend is he went after his guy. I can't defend that his pick failed. I can not fault him if and big if his scouts felt strongly about Martin and Freese and talked him into drafting them. One worked and one did not. At least he tried to get the guy they wanted. Hindsight on the Freese pick it actually may have landed us Prater for years to come and ease the Hanson pain.

Hoping to not see a kicker drafted for years to come. Only FA camp bodies brought in to compete

Prater will be here for a long time.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rusty is the type of GM that builds a beautiful nest, then takes a gigantic shit right in the middle of it.

Basically, I want a GM that has more on his resume than 'he's better than Matt Millen'.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically, I want a GM that has more on his resume than 'he's better than Matt Millen'.

Damn right!!! Given that he was with Millen as his right hand during that tenure as well they should be viewed as one in the same. Thus Millenhew.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bad will losing Suh look when Reiff, Levy and Slay all bolt for other teams, and the Lions are left with a ton of cap space but no one who wants to re-sign?

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bad will losing Suh look when Reiff, Levy and Slay all bolt for other teams, and the Lions are left with a ton of cap space but no one who wants to re-sign?
If Millenhew is still here it won't even come as a surprise. The biggest hole this team needs to fill is GM

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Millenhew is still here it won't even come as a surprise. The biggest hole this team needs to fill is GM

Even w a new GM they prob all gone. No incentive to stay.