• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which Dumpster Fire is Bigger

Which is the bigger dumpster fire?

• Steelers

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • Bungals

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • Potato Salad with Bacon

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have grabbed a SB in the late 80s/early 90s. I read an article once saying they were the greatest D ever when you factored in how poor the O was. They had a lot of talent on O but just a horrible OLine that exposed the lack of run game and back then to win you had to be able to run. Eagles also had really good teams from 2000-2005 for these supposed band wagon fans and another lost chance in the NFC championship a few years later against AZ.
But the point is Philly fans aren’t fair weather fans. They’ve consistently been loyal and in a big sports city the most loved team.
I was agreeing with you.
When an Eagles fan tells me they are an Eagles fan. I have to believe them.
Why would they make that shit up!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when you are the bottom you can only go up.
When you were near the top you are going to go down.
So all this is true, but the Steelers will still be better than the Bengals.
The Steelers missed the playoffs like the Bengals did. The Steelers being near the top is old news and fake news.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it you've never had one.
Yes I have and they are painful. However, with the docs and trainers shooting them up b4 and during the game it's not a huge deal. Unlike a RB, WR or even linemen. Of all the positions on the field a pocket pasding QB is likely the least effected by that injury. He may not have the same zip on the ball depending on which ankle but he'll survive.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I have and they are painful. However, with the docs and trainers shooting them up b4 and during the game it's not a huge deal. Unlike a RB, WR or even linemen. Of all the positions on the field a pocket pasding QB is likely the least effected by that injury. He may not have the same zip on the ball depending on which ankle but he'll survive.

I've had two as a basketball player, and they're nothing like a regular sprain...I was out a month, and it's a 3 week plus injury even at the NFL level. Ben survived, but was not effective, he couldn't really take a drop so they played him in shotgun all game, couldn't plant and throw effectively. He was truly a sitting duck.

Giving the effort to play was a big leadership moment was my point. Overall I don't wear homer blinders about any Steeler. Part of your initial post I responded to was true...he's not the great leader, but to paint him void of leadership is not correct and that's what I pushed back on.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had two as a basketball player, and they're nothing like a regular sprain...I was out a month, and it's a 3 week plus injury even at the NFL level. Ben survived, but was not effective, he couldn't really take a drop so they played him in shotgun all game, couldn't plant and throw effectively. He was truly a sitting duck.

Giving the effort to play was a big leadership moment was my point. Overall I don't wear homer blinders about any Steeler. Part of your initial post I responded to was true...he's not the great leader, but to paint him void of leadership is not correct and that's what I pushed back on.

Same with me, damn basketball. I think I had the weakest ankles in the universe. I was constantly spraining, straining, twisting...

My point being even as a high school and recreational athlete I tried playing thru every injury I had. So a pro doesn't win any character brownie points with me.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers or Bungals?

Please vote and explain your decision.
And voting for Ms Chaney is not an option!
Steelers are fine. JuJu had 1400 yards receiving and Conner had 1470 yards from scrimmage in 13 games. The Brown and Bell era is clearly over.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same with me, damn basketball. I think I had the weakest ankles in the universe. I was constantly spraining, straining, twisting...

My point being even as a high school and recreational athlete I tried playing thru every injury I had. So a pro doesn't win any character brownie points with me.

Same here...was 2nd team all city as a Jr.(a decent honor in that town, lot of kids went on to DIV I, and a few NBA from the same district I played in)...tore up my ankle Sr yr and came back after about a month, but never really got it back...team sucked, D1 schools looked elsewhere.

Ben...we look at that differently, but fair point.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have grabbed a SB in the late 80s/early 90s. I read an article once saying they were the greatest D ever when you factored in how poor the O was. They had a lot of talent on O but just a horrible OLine that exposed the lack of run game and back then to win you had to be able to run. Eagles also had really good teams from 2000-2005 for these supposed band wagon fans and another lost chance in the NFC championship a few years later against AZ.
But the point is Philly fans aren’t fair weather fans. They’ve consistently been loyal and in a big sports city the most loved team.

Sorry, you never read that. What you read was the Greatest Defense in the last 30 years.

Eagles' 1991 defense named greatest in past 30 years by Football Outsiders

Now go cry about how I always have to prove you wrong, but you too often post false over the top bullshit.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, I know, but how many times has this guy said to the media, " well I don't know if Im coming back" or given the impression he's riding off into the sunset. Sooner or later the Steelers front office has to say enough is enough.

Then you through in these comments by, Wallace, Bell, now Brown, it just would make you question the path.

And for the record I don't hate nor think hes average, guy is a gamer, I'm just saying is worth the headaches anymore?
well look at the guys making the comments, i mean there is some truth, but bell and brown are psychopaths' and wallace has run his mouth everywhere and done crap since leaving pgh

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, you never read that. What you read was the Greatest Defense in the last 30 years.

Eagles' 1991 defense named greatest in past 30 years by Football Outsiders

Now go cry about how I always have to prove you wrong, but you too often post false over the top bullshit.
reading that article. I already would have put them ahead of the ravens & Bears D.
I am still an advocate for the Saints Defense being the best. Considering the rest of that team was Dogshit, but if someone said the Eagles D was. I wouldnt complain.
To me what made these defenses so good, was how good they were year in & year out. Not just one year.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reading that article. I already would have put them ahead of the ravens & Bears D.
I am still an advocate for the Saints Defense being the best. Considering the rest of that team was Dogshit, but if someone said the Eagles D was. I wouldnt complain.
To me what made these defenses so good, was how good they were year in & year out. Not just one year.
Opinions very, but to me the best D ever is the 85 Bears. The 70s Steelers "Steel Curtain", Dallas "Doomsday" and Vikings "PPE's" are in the conversation too.

I will agree the ONE year thing should be considered, even against the Bears.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opinions very, but to me the best D ever is the 85 Bears. The 70s Steelers "Steel Curtain", Dallas "Doomsday" and Vikings "PPE's" are in the conversation too.
agreed they are all in the conversation.
Reason I dont look at the Bears is they didnt last as the dominate defense the following years. As some of the others mentioned.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

High ankle sprains are nothing to joke about. They are not anything like low ankle sprains(which are a dime a dozen) that heal in 2-3 weeks. Sometimes, they never actually heal.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because the Brownies look like the division winners already,
and the Steelers are getting mocked by former jaded players
and of course cause the Bungals resigned a OLmen that sucked!