• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which Dumpster Fire is Bigger

Which is the bigger dumpster fire?

• Steelers

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • Bungals

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • Potato Salad with Bacon

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers or Bungals?

Please vote and explain your decision.
And voting for Ms Chaney is not an option!

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voluntarily trading away a SB MVP as well as the QB that lead the team to its best performances when it mattered the most over the last two seasons has both of those teams beat.

The Curse of Nick Foles is about to begin...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voluntarily trading away a SB MVP as well as the QB that lead the team to its best performances when it mattered the most over the last two seasons has both of those teams beat.

This thread is about the Steelers and Bungals, please stay on task!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals easily.

Everyone keeps saying the Steelers are in full rebuild mode, but not really. Their defense made some strides but their 'key pieces' are not that relevant anymore. Brown is 30, Bell is a headcase (and Connor was just as good - no surprise given the OL), Rothelisberger is still breathing, so whatever. The funny thing is, they have a replacement for two of those pieces. Connor and Schuster are perfectly fine, the extra draft ammo can be used to get a new QB who still has the luxury of throwing behind a top 5 OL/great running game, and a #1 WR.

The Steelers' 'demise' was inevitable, this should not come as a shock to anyone. And might as well snag a 1st for Brown while you can. I think trading Brown (if they can get a first) is an auto A+ move. Shed the cap, get a draft pick, and Brown is 30 with a TON of targets - get rid of him now. Schuster is on the rise anyway. Steelers in general have a good management structure.

The Bungals (newly reformed) however, do not. Their entire offense can't stay healthy, they've let what was once a solid OLINE turn into something worse than Seattle assembled in 2018, Hue Jackson is on the roster, and they hired... Zac 'fucking' Taylor.. who had nothing to do with Goff's success in 2018. We can thank Jared Goff's success to Greg Olson, Todd Gurley, and again an amazing offensive line. Taylor will be in for a rude awakening with what he has to work with in Cincy.

Cincy is a complete dumpster fire at the moment because they have nothing long term and are still rocking a horribly mediocre QB, the worst defense in the NFL (almost topped the 2012 Saints), and a team that can't stay healthy. I look at Pittsburgh and at least there is foundation pieces there, although Tomlin needs to be fired asap.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the Potato Salad have onion and Sweet Relish?

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals, just because once Brown and Bell are gone from the Steelers they're still a better team.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Truth

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals easily.

Everyone keeps saying the Steelers are in full rebuild mode, but not really. Their defense made some strides but their 'key pieces' are not that relevant anymore. Brown is 30, Bell is a headcase (and Connor was just as good - no surprise given the OL), Rothelisberger is still breathing, so whatever. The funny thing is, they have a replacement for two of those pieces. Connor and Schuster are perfectly fine, the extra draft ammo can be used to get a new QB who still has the luxury of throwing behind a top 5 OL/great running game, and a #1 WR.

The Steelers' 'demise' was inevitable, this should not come as a shock to anyone. And might as well snag a 1st for Brown while you can. I think trading Brown (if they can get a first) is an auto A+ move. Shed the cap, get a draft pick, and Brown is 30 with a TON of targets - get rid of him now. Schuster is on the rise anyway. Steelers in general have a good management structure.

The Bungals (newly reformed) however, do not. Their entire offense can't stay healthy, they've let what was once a solid OLINE turn into something worse than Seattle assembled in 2018, Hue Jackson is on the roster, and they hired... Zac 'fucking' Taylor.. who had nothing to do with Goff's success in 2018. We can thank Jared Goff's success to Greg Olson, Todd Gurley, and again an amazing offensive line. Taylor will be in for a rude awakening with what he has to work with in Cincy.

Cincy is a complete dumpster fire at the moment because they have nothing long term and are still rocking a horribly mediocre QB, the worst defense in the NFL (almost topped the 2012 Saints), and a team that can't stay healthy. I look at Pittsburgh and at least there is foundation pieces there, although Tomlin needs to be fired asap.

When you have 18 guys on the IR, and a new defensive coordinator that changed the scheme on the players and didn't marry it to their abilities, it will look bad.

Dalton is not horribly mediocre, he is just an above average QB. Protect him, he will do okay.

The Bengals were 4-1 to start the season before guys started falling onto the IR. Even though I know I am a Bengals fan, I really don't think the personnel on that team is that bad, at least on the starter level.

They need to fix the hell out of the LB core, and get a solid RT, but I don't think they are that far off offensively. Defensively, they have the pieces to be pretty damn good with Dunlap, Atkins, Jackson III, Williams and Bates. They need a makeover at LB, and a couple small pieces assembled to repair it, and a DC who can play to his players strength, which by the way is not a zone scheme.

A 4th place schedule along with a weak AFC East (minus the Patriots) and NFC West (minus the Rams, and the Seahawks on the road). Probably 3 auto-losses there, I could see a split in the division, maybe a loss on the rest of the outside division schedule, that would put them around 9-7 in Taylor's first year implementing his system.

Never know in this league though.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have 18 guys on the IR, and a new defensive coordinator that changed the scheme on the players and didn't marry it to their abilities, it will look bad.

Dalton is not horribly mediocre, he is just an above average QB. Protect him, he will do okay.

The Bengals were 4-1 to start the season before guys started falling onto the IR. Even though I know I am a Bengals fan, I really don't think the personnel on that team is that bad, at least on the starter level.

They need to fix the hell out of the LB core, and get a solid RT, but I don't think they are that far off offensively. Defensively, they have the pieces to be pretty damn good with Dunlap, Atkins, Jackson III, Williams and Bates. They need a makeover at LB, and a couple small pieces assembled to repair it, and a DC who can play to his players strength, which by the way is not a zone scheme.

A 4th place schedule along with a weak AFC East (minus the Patriots) and NFC West (minus the Rams, and the Seahawks on the road). Probably 3 auto-losses there, I could see a split in the division, maybe a loss on the rest of the outside division schedule, that would put them around 9-7 in Taylor's first year implementing his system.

Never know in this league though.

You make some points. Still...

oOXDJDU.jpg

I get why the Bengals were bad. They had a ridiculous injury history (which I don't get how is going to change, given those players had major history before) and your coaching staff is now actually worse than it was before (IMO). You nearly had the worst defense in NFL history and while I understand that's in part due to injury/coaching, I'm not expecting that to turn around overnight.

Dalton is above average, I mean jokes aside I agree. "protect him and he'll do fine..." where the fuck have we all heard that before? It's not like offensive lineman are growing on trees... we barely see any serviceable ones hit free agency these days, and if they do it's a complete gamble (age/injury history) on what you're getting out of them. "DRAFT ONE!" The OL class this year sucks, outside of some fat mother fucker who can play guard projected in the top 10 who will probably blow out something by midseason.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals easily.

U need a blog ur posts are wayyyyy too long

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bengals hve dalton sooo there’s that

But the steeers no explanation needed

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers are a hot mess. They win too much to be a dumpster fire. If something happens with Big Ben then maybe ill upgrade that to dumpster fire

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah when they’re that long it’s usually a woeful piece, if I wanna read articles I’ll go to a news site:suds:

Yes but the exception is if I write them it's generally the best information available in the Universe and thus you should pay attention.