• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which city would be a good fit for another team?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vancouver deserves a team way before Portland should be mentioned.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Omaha? Pretty big town, and not too far from Lincoln.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say STL too..........I`ve been to 4 games there and the city seemed to have embraced the team.so I`m not exactly sure why they moved.
So much cash by moving to LA, where fans won't care soon.

Stabbed in the back by one of their own. That sucks.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mexico City is a terrible idea. They don't speak English and the government is a puppet for drug cartels.

Mexico City has an entire broadcast network dedicated to the Cardinals. Their broadcaster is great. The way he calls the game is priceless.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have very strange perceptions of population. The biggest US metros without a team are:

13. Inland Empire (The LA Rams are obviously driveable)
20. St. Louis (Baseball town...didn't have the fan support to support a team in the long-term)
23. Portland (I haven't really seen signs of much demand.)
25. San Antonio (The first market in a football-heavy region without a very close team. The excitement for UTSA shows some demand. I think the NFL hoped the Texans would become the team for Austin/San Antonio/Houston, but it hasn't happened.)
27. Sacramento (Doesn't seem to have any demand)
29. Las Vegas (Outside of basketball, this city of transplants doesn't really seem to have a demand)
32. Columbus (They already have their football team)
33. Austin (See Columbus. Proximity to San Antonio could aid a San Antonio bid)
37. Virginia Beach (We are getting into really small markets now...they don't have a big demand)
38. Providence (Closer to the Patriots than Boston is)
39. Milwaukee (Already make the drive to Green Bay)
41. Oklahoma City (Small market, already has their team)
42. Memphis (They've never really supported their college team)
43. Louisville (Too small...have college football to hold them over, and not far from Indy)

I think the only markets that make any sense are San Antonio and Toronto. I actually think that the one change which should be made is to move the Jets to Long Island. It may be financially worse for them initially, but in the long run, I think it would be wise to make football accessible to the 5+ Million people who don't live on the very western end of the island.

Other than the Jets, I think the league is fine as is. San Antonio or Toronto might be a slightly better market than Jacksonville or San Diego, but not enough to require a move.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say STL too..........I`ve been to 4 games there and the city seemed to have embraced the team.so I`m not exactly sure why they moved.

?????????

St. Louis had no fan support. St. Louis is the only city I have ever lived in where the vibe on an NFL Sunday was non-existent. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that you see more people in Bears/Packers jerseys than Rams jerseys. And of course, you'll see more St. Louis Cardinals jerseys than any of them, even on an NFL Sunday.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what?

Better fans, better city, just an all around better place to put a team. Plus there is nowhere to put a stadium, the clown of a city couldn't even build a legitimate soccer stadium for the cities beloved Timbers.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better fans, better city, just an all around better place to put a team. Plus there is nowhere to put a stadium, the clown of a city couldn't even build a legitimate soccer stadium for the cities beloved Timbers.

Better fans? The history of bankruptcy for the Lions doesn't exactly back up your assertion. 13 year low for attendance.

I mean I'd argue that the NBA screwed over Vancouver just like it did Seattle, but the city and the fan-base, didn't exactly make the screwing a hard decision either.

Is there even a group kicking the can around looking at an NFL bid for Vancouver? I've never heard of one.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better fans? The history of bankruptcy for the Lions doesn't exactly back up your assertion. 13 year low for attendance.

I mean I'd argue that the NBA screwed over Vancouver just like it did Seattle, but the city and the fan-base, didn't exactly make the screwing a hard decision either.

Is there even a group kicking the can around looking at an NFL bid for Vancouver? I've never heard of one.

You can't count CFL crap, Vancouver is basically an American city.

I'd take Vancouver over Portland in a heartbeat and no rumors just saw the Portland option.

If any other NW city were to get a team I'd prefer them to go all Green Bay and pick Coure D Alene because how many Idaho, Montana and Wyoming residents come to Mariners games and love the Seahawks.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couer D'Alene?

Heh. Strangely enough, that's where I was born. It's also how I know you're smoking waaaaay too much west coast herb.

American city. Heh. Uh- yeah, no. Fuck, Alberta is much more Yankee friendly than BC, and even Calgary doesn't want to actually BE American, just sell them our oil.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And fuck off with the CFL hate. It's a big ol' world, and there's more than enough room in it for extra football leagues.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are enough NFL teams . No need for expansion here in the states, to Canada or Mexico , or to any other continent.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not true. Kroenke bought the team to make money.

Right, and they weren't making money in STL. The reason was that they were not good, so the stadium didn't sell out.

Born to run

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Anchorage Alaska? They would have the REAL frozen tundra.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked, but couldn't find a similar thread to this.

What city/state you think would work out for another NFL team?

1. Vegas of course. We all know that they will be getting one possibly next year, but damn, what took so long?
2. Salt Lake City, Utah. Yea, its a heavy church city/state, but there are still a ton non Mormons out there that will still go to ever game(and Mormons will go to). I think it has a fighting chance there.
3. Portland Oregon. Why on earth do they not have one already?
4. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Big market to.

States that DO NOT need another NFL team - California, Texas, and Florida.

I think Vegas is a disaster in the making....Can you imagine the trouble these players will get into in Sin City ???
It's unsuccessful now but with them living out there with all the temptation all around them, it's hopeless...
I like the Memphis idea, and I would think Alabama, maybe Birmingham...The way they love their football down there, baffles me why there is no mention of a team there.....:scratch: