• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which B1G West Coach do you want?

Which B1G West coach do you want coaching your team for the next 5-10 years?

• Pat Fitzgerald (NW)

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Kirk Ferentz (Iowa)

• P.J. Fleck (Minny)

• Lovie Smith (Illinois)

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Scott Frost (Nebraska)

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Jeff Brohm (Purdont)

• Paul Chryst (Whisky)

Votes: 15 32.6%

• Total voters

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not Ferentz, I would go with

Chryst - he has that same style that Ferentz uses at Iowa. You can tell his influence by Alvarez, who stemmed from Fry.

Brohm - I like his style but would be interesting how it would work in Iowa. It might be like Bill Callahan at Nebraska. The style just didn't fit. But I like Brohm.

Fitzgerald - Not a fan of coaches who complain about everything, and Pat does that. But I wouldn't mind as much if the team wins. Same with McCaffery with Iowa basketball. His style is quite similar to Iowa's.

Fleck - I like him but he was on the screen too much. I want to see more of him before I really have an opinion.

Frost - Glad BTN didn't have him all over the screen this off-season. But like Fleck, too soon to really have an opinion.

Smith - He has seemed burned out to me. But Illinois is doing better than usual to start the season. But Lovie is really the only only one I would think was not a good hire.

Style my ass. Bill Callahan sucks as a HC.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleck just seems like a smoke and mirrors kind of guy.

Frost wears Yeezys which I have been told is big with recruits

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@broncosmitty freakin' hates PJ
He's a weirdo glue sniffer. And his wife was a hooker. (First one seemed normal, she bounced.)

He tries to run a cult, not a football program. And Corey Davis was not his recruit.

So glad our batch of half retard billionaires in Kalamazoo didn't completely empty their coffers for that bald headed Jim Jones.

Gimme Pat Fitzgerald. Droider is an idiot.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovie. I've got low expectations.

Being serious, I'd take Brohm.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a weirdo glue sniffer. And his wife was a hooker.

tenor.gif

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleck has better recruiting as of late. Just my $.02 opinion.
I want to see him do something in a major conference before I give him a nod. I have seen Fitzgerald coach up players well above their talent levels and be competitive in games they shouldn’t be. Most coaches get a spike in recruiting the first year or two. We saw it with Hoke. If he can’t convert that to wins on the field, it means nothing.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not Ferentz, I would go with

Chryst - he has that same style that Ferentz uses at Iowa. You can tell his influence by Alvarez, who stemmed from Fry.

Brohm - I like his style but would be interesting how it would work in Iowa. It might be like Bill Callahan at Nebraska. The style just didn't fit. But I like Brohm.

Fitzgerald - Not a fan of coaches who complain about everything, and Pat does that. But I wouldn't mind as much if the team wins. Same with McCaffery with Iowa basketball. His style is quite similar to Iowa's.

Fleck - I like him but he was on the screen too much. I want to see more of him before I really have an opinion.

Frost - Glad BTN didn't have him all over the screen this off-season. But like Fleck, too soon to really have an opinion.

Smith - He has seemed burned out to me. But Illinois is doing better than usual to start the season. But Lovie is really the only only one I would think was not a good hire.
The GOAT of Coaching Trees.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass

Milkshake

There Will Be Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chryst is the safe pick. But, I would go with Brohm. Before the season started I would have said Frost for sure.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had a son who was a B1G caliber player, I would approve of him playing for 6 of those 7 coaches (every coach except Fleck).

I wouldn't want my kid playing for PJ Fleck... that guy is creepy and comes across as a cult leader/evangelist. That being said, I believe Fleck will do well at Minnesota because of his slick salesmanship type recruiting...naive kids and their families will fall for Fleck's charismatic BS. Fleck and his wife remind me of an Amway couple (with their brainwashing & indoctrination techniques). They fit in well with the creepy part of west Michigan culture (Van Andels & DeVos').

CQJcJ7NWcAAtcK3.jpg

Last edited:

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had a son who was a B1G caliber player, I would approve of him playing for 6 of those 7 coaches (every coach except Fleck).

I wouldn't want my kid playing for PJ Fleck... that guy is creepy and comes across as a cult leader/evangelist. That being said, I believe Fleck will do well at Minnesota because of his slick salesmanship type recruiting...naive kids and their families will fall for Fleck's charismatic BS. Fleck and his wife remind me of an Amway couple (with their brainwashing & indoctrination techniques).

CQJcJ7NWcAAtcK3.jpg

Is this the hooker? Sweet shoulder tattoo