• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which B1G West Coach do you want?

Which B1G West coach do you want coaching your team for the next 5-10 years?

• Pat Fitzgerald (NW)

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Kirk Ferentz (Iowa)

• P.J. Fleck (Minny)

• Lovie Smith (Illinois)

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Scott Frost (Nebraska)

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • Jeff Brohm (Purdont)

• Paul Chryst (Whisky)

Votes: 15 32.6%

• Total voters

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Pitt was an orchestrated training job. Barry got him hired with the end game being that he comes back to Wisconsin.

He's a very good fit for Wi, and I wouldn't fault anyone for choosing him. As I said, for me it's a tough list

The only coach I can safely rule out is Lovie

few coaches you are arguing upside/potential over accomplished results

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its tough to imagine anyone doing a better job at a program like Iowa than Ferentz has but if I had to pick someone else I'd go Frost

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frost or Brohm. Recruiting is a huge part of college football and these two are the ones who could get it done IMO. Chryst Fitz Fleck and even Ferentz are great but developing what they have, but that's not good enough at a blue blood. If I was a fan of a different school my answer might chsnge

Fleck's a solid recruiter. I'm more worried about his ability to develop talent. At Western Mi he basically he had top class every year in the MAC.

He wont' have top class every year in B1G with Minnesota, but he's getting better recruits than prior regime

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FINALLY, somebody got the right answer...

All you tards going "Chryst" are basing it off prior records, which OP specifically banned
tenor.gif

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. I am matching the coaching style to my favorite team. Chryst is at Wisconsin for the same reason that Frost is at Nebraska. And Fitzgerald is at Northwestern.
Surprising that enlarged lat syndrome is accepted at NU

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also as good as Chryst has been, he's only beaten 4 ranked teams since he's been there (LSU 2016, WMU 2016, NW 2017, Miami 2017).

I think this season is big for him as it's now mostly his guys. Can he win with his own dudes?

It would be nice if our recruiting was better. And it is improving. The 2019 and '20 classes are grading better than what we are used to. It had better be. I want the West to get to East status. 2-3 teams regularly in the Top 15 or so. Then, whoever wins the division doesn't get the "Who did they play" asterisk.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice if our recruiting was better. And it is improving. The 2019 and '20 classes are grading better than what we are used to. It had better be. I want the West to get to East status. 2-3 teams regularly in the Top 15 or so. Then, whoever wins the division doesn't get the "Who did they play" asterisk.

we're doing what we can to not suck in MN

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot's of people dislike him. I'd mock him if he coached a rival. I don't agree with everything he does, but I think he'll do well in MN.
The guy can flat out recruit. He works the area I live in pretty hard because of his previous MAC connections.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not Ferentz, I would go with

Chryst - he has that same style that Ferentz uses at Iowa. You can tell his influence by Alvarez, who stemmed from Fry.

Brohm - I like his style but would be interesting how it would work in Iowa. It might be like Bill Callahan at Nebraska. The style just didn't fit. But I like Brohm.

Fitzgerald - Not a fan of coaches who complain about everything, and Pat does that. But I wouldn't mind as much if the team wins. Same with McCaffery with Iowa basketball. His style is quite similar to Iowa's.

Fleck - I like him but he was on the screen too much. I want to see more of him before I really have an opinion.

Frost - Glad BTN didn't have him all over the screen this off-season. But like Fleck, too soon to really have an opinion.

Smith - He has seemed burned out to me. But Illinois is doing better than usual to start the season. But Lovie is really the only only one I would think was not a good hire.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t want any of em over Riley, but I’d say Chryst of the ones listed.

Riley is no longer coaching in the B1G West, but I’m sure you could get ol Mr. Nice Guy for a song.