• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wheres Sproles been?

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sproles production in each game so far (not including ST's) -

Jags - 11 Rush/4 Rec = 15 touches
Colts - 4 Rush/7 Rec = 11 touches
Skins - 2 Rush/3 Rec = 5 touches
49ers - 1 Rush/2 Rec = 3 touches

Now the best O player so far this season and you get him the ball 3 times, 3 fuckin times chipper. GTFOH. He wasn't involved in the Skins game either.

Is there an easier way to get a struggling QB going then a few dump offs to Sproles? And with our OL being so stout you would think it would be automatic.

oleskool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:omg:

Now the best O player so far this season and you get him the ball 3 times, 3 fuckin times chipper. GTFOH. He wasn't involved in the Skins game either.

Is there an easier way to get a struggling QB going then a few dump offs to Sproles? And with our OL being so stout you would think it would be automatic.

the chipper said in the post game conference he was calling plays different cause the oline is makeshift GTFOH chipper

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to give him more of Shady's carries, or give them to Polk.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to give him more of Shady's carries, or give them to Polk.

He should be getting 15 touches a game without question.

He's made Shady look like me so far this season. No excuse for Chip not to be getting him the ball especially with this OL. Dump offs, screens, swing passes etc.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hard to keep running the when the line isn't opening holes. Once the O-line play get better we will see an improvement. Having Johnson back is now a really big deal.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

those numbers don't include the attempts to get him the ball do they.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those numbers don't include the attempts to get him the ball do they.

Pretty sure the rushes are included but no, not the receptions.

Again, he needs to be getting the ball...Like the first two games.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for his career Sproles has averaged less than 10 touches per game. Two years ago he hit 160 and that was a distinct outlier. A little guy, 31 years old, is not going to average 15 a game and last the season. It aint' happening.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for his career Sproles has averaged less than 10 touches per game. Two years ago he hit 160 and that was a distinct outlier. A little guy, 31 years old, is not going to average 15 a game and last the season. It aint' happening.

Just means he don't have a lot of miles on those tires.

No reason he can't be getting the touches he did in the first two games. Our O looked 10 times better when he was getting the ball.

No way he should have 3 touches a game.

We got him for 2 years, now let's use him.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No reason he can't be getting the touches he did in the first two games. Our O looked 10 times better when he was getting the ball.

I agree. Use him!

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed, I'd take a 67 shelby with 2,000 miles, over a 2009 mustang any day of the week. Older, doesn't necessarily mean fragile.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things come to mind;
1. The OLine sucks
2. Chip is experiencing Sophomore Blues

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that won't do you much good if he's too beat up to help in the last 4 games of the season and playoffs will it.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that won't do you much good if he's too beat up to help in the last 4 games of the season and playoffs will it.

Won't do no good if Peters is out then either or Kelce, or Maclin or or or...I don't advise sittin them, "just in case". Play them. If he gets hurt on 15 touches a game so be it. I'm not saying 30 touches, I'm saying 15.

Obviously you don't see that his touches should go up and think 3 touches is acceptable. That's fine. I don't and doesn't look like to many others are either.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't do no good if Peters is out then either or Kelce, or Maclin or or or...I don't advise sittin them, "just in case". Play them. If he gets hurt on 15 touches a game so be it. I'm not saying 30 touches, I'm saying 15.

Obviously you don't see that his touches should go up and think 3 touches is acceptable. That's fine. I don't and doesn't look like to many others are either.

You sound like Martini, I didn't say three was acceptable. But 15 is delusional.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 touches is plenty imo. But sometimes you cant do it. He is averaging 8 touches per game. A slight bump is in order but I dont think its a huge deal. Gotta remember he is a big piece on S/T as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read Sproles said what Ive said recently..that the holes are bigger for Sproles because when he is in the game...teams play the pass...when Mccoy is in the game..they load the box. Pretty obvious though.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read Sproles said what Ive said recently..that the holes are bigger for Sproles because when he is in the game...teams play the pass...when Mccoy is in the game..they load the box. Pretty obvious though.

If true, Chip REALLY needs to take his head out of his ass and put Sproles in much more. No reason not to take advantage of that mismatch.

Chip may be much more to blame for the shitty O then even Foles (and he's been terrible so far).

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If true, Chip REALLY needs to take his head out of his ass and put Sproles in much more. No reason not to take advantage of that mismatch.

Chip may be much more to blame for the shitty O then even Foles (and he's been terrible so far).

If true? It is dude. Ive been saying it & yet you insinuated I was protecting McCoy. Whatever. Now its Chip? Ok..I guess if I defend him, its cause he is my guy. BTW..yeah, I like both but I also like Sproles & many others.Theres a reason...we certainly are not relatives, its cause they are damn good!

Its pretty obvious...its Foles & the run blocking. Only so much you can do as a coach. Dude is 13-4 with Foles just the same.

Im not trying to be an azz...but buy the all 22 tape. You'll see a ton more than what you see on TV.

Finally on Sproles..dont let that ypc on few carries fool ya. The more he carries..the less effective he will be. Especially over a season. Give him 10 touches. 6 carries/4 catches per game. Would be fine. Dont go the Dion LEwis/Bryce Brown route....AGAIN.

Last edited by a moderator: