• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wheres Sproles been?

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip better get his head outta his ass and play this guy. 2 catches total in last 2 games? Wtf?

He's killing my fantasy team!

Of course his 8yds per carry last game will probably really piss ole chippy off, and he may just flat out bench him.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip better get his head outta his ass and play this guy. 2 catches total in last 2 games? Wtf?

He's killing my fantasy team!

Of course his 8yds per carry last game will probably really piss ole chippy off, and he may just flat out bench him.

He is getting doubled...and teams are playing it better. What is so hard to understand? What needs to happen is Foles needs to hit the open guys. Whoever the hell they are. We have plenty of weapons. We dont need to force it to anybody.

Oh...fantasy team. Now I get it. Lol..Fantasy football is just not good. Ruins the way people watch football. The point is to win the game. Not the stats.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is getting doubled...and teams are playing it better. What is so hard to understand? What needs to happen is Foles needs to hit the open guys. Whoever the hell they are. We have plenty of weapons. We dont need to force it to anybody.

Oh...fantasy team. Now I get it. Lol..Fantasy football is just not good. Ruins the way people watch football. The point is to win the game. Not the stats.

If it were just the game - I wouldn't care about your team. Actually, I would probably be rooting for you to lose in all honesty. From Texas, but not a Cowboys fan, but...

B/C of fantasy, you guys have gained a fan for a year. People with Foles, Shady, Sproles, Maclin, etc... will now watch your team and root for them (to a degree) where they would not have before. Now, are those true fans of your team? Absolutely not. And you true fans will not care about losing us next year when I take Eddie Lacy instead. But, it opens up the doors for others to come look at your team and get to know it better, when they would not have chosen to do so before.

If Eagles play my Chargers - All fantasy goes out the window. Don't care. Want a Chargers win. Outside of that - I watch tons of games now. Including Eagles games.

Go Sproles... (i mean eagles... but sproles really).

:suds:

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If true? It is dude. Ive been saying it & yet you insinuated I was protecting McCoy. Whatever. Now its Chip? Ok..I guess if I defend him, its cause he is my guy. BTW..yeah, I like both but I also like Sproles & many others.Theres a reason...we certainly are not relatives, its cause they are damn good!

Its pretty obvious...its Foles & the run blocking. Only so much you can do as a coach. Dude is 13-4 with Foles just the same.

Im not trying to be an azz...but buy the all 22 tape. You'll see a ton more than what you see on TV.

Finally on Sproles..dont let that ypc on few carries fool ya. The more he carries..the less effective he will be. Especially over a season. Give him 10 touches. 6 carries/4 catches per game. Would be fine. Dont go the Dion LEwis/Bryce Brown route....AGAIN.

Your to worried about your boy Shady right now. And Ol Chip. Hey I like both to, doesn't mean you gotta defend them. I don't mind Foles either. You just take your "like" to another level that's all.

If you look at it unbiased you would see what I'm saying.

If as you say, that D's are playing the pass when Sproles comes in, then you need to leave Sproles in there and run it down the field. If as you say, Foles is sucking (which he is), then you need to leave Sproles in and run it down the field.

NOW, if Shady is in and D's stack the line and shut him down and make throws throw, well then we are back to who's sucking and who can't run right now.

Does that make sense?

It's Foles and the run blocking until Sproles is in there, and then it's just Foles. And I'm not disagreeing that the run blocking is horrendous cause it is. But until it's fixed Sproles looks like he might be the best back for us as it makes the D plan differently it looks like, which then lets us get the running game going.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If as you say, that D's are playing the pass when Sproles comes in, then you need to leave Sproles in there and run it down the field. If as you say, Foles is sucking (which he is), then you need to leave Sproles in and run it down the field.

NOW, if Shady is in and D's stack the line and shut him down and make throws throw, well then we are back to who's sucking and who can't run right now.

Does that make sense?

It's Foles and the run blocking until Sproles is in there, and then it's just Foles. And I'm not disagreeing that the run blocking is horrendous cause it is. But until it's fixed Sproles looks like he might be the best back for us as it makes the D plan differently it looks like, which then lets us get the running game going.

I get what you are saying but I dont think that is the answer for various reasons.

#1 being I think Defenses play Sproles like that because he doesnt play aall that much. If he did..they would play him differently. As in stack the box. It just isnt the solution IMO. Assuming teams will play pass on Sproles even with him getting 10-15 carries a game doesnt make sense to me. They would change if we changed.

Basically..IMO..we are getting the best we can from the run game except for Foles not helping. Once he starts doing his job better, teams will have to back off. They will also have to back off Sproles coming out of the backfield.

Kelly sees how teams are playing us & he uses Sproles like a surprise run. Like an old school draw play. It has worked well. Problem is we can only run when teams dont think we will. Shadys best runs have been mostly the same. They were "surprise" runs. 3rd & longs etc.

The OL has to get healthy but IMO even more importantly, Foles has to start killing teams over the top. There are guys open every week. He misses almost all of them.

If Shady gets hurt &Sproles comes in and tears it up on the ground...Id admit to being wrong but I dont think you are right that Sproles needs to be running a lot more because as Ive said his production is deceiving. He has even admitted it.

Last edited by a moderator:

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again Shady shuts up his doubters!:10: At least for a couple of weeks. lol...

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 touches is plenty imo. But sometimes you cant do it. He is averaging 8 touches per game. A slight bump is in order but I dont think its a huge deal. Gotta remember he is a big piece on S/T as well.
I think 10 is like perfect. Like Swat said he is a major part of our special teams

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again Shady shuts up his doubters!:10: At least for a couple of weeks. lol...

Easy now. Not everyone just looks at 1 game. Some of us still see the previous 5 before this one. But it is his best game of the year so far.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't matter for now...Looks like he's going to miss a few weeks after the bye to.

Hopefully we can hold on til he gets back cause he's been the MVP of our O/ST's so far this year.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says he has an MCL sprain and could miss a week or two. This is good news! :D

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says he has an MCL sprain and could miss a week or two. This is good news! :D

Link? From what I read it will be more than 2 weeks. Luckily we have a bye coming up to try and get healthy.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link? From what I read it will be more than 2 weeks. Luckily we have a bye coming up to try and get healthy.

I would normally add a link but it was from a text alert I get form the Eagles.

There is now a story on the Eagles site but unlike the text it doesn't say two weeks.

Kelly: MCL Sprain For Sproles

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope he only misses a game or two. He has been a huge spark to our team. His punt return skills in particular have really made the Eagles dangerous.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look for Huffs role to increase, especially if Sproles misses more time than expected. Dude can play.

Reverses, screens, runs out of the backfield, KR & PR...huff can do all that stuff. Hands have to get better but if they do, he'll be a huge weapon in a year or 2..