• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Where would you like to see Durant next year?

Where would you like to see Durant next year?

• Lakers

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Knicks

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Nets

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Your own team

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Somewhere else (please explain)

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O

Obviously if he leaves it's somewhere to build a winner. Somewhere with a decent core and then maybe bring another star with him. It's far from a lock he stays.
I don't think it's realistic to think that he can go somewhere else and expect a team to rebuild around him from scratch, but joining LeBron for a run and another title is a possibility. Personally - I would stay right where I'm at - but we will see

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's realistic to think that he can go somewhere else and expect a team to rebuild around him from scratch, but joining LeBron for a run and another title is a possibility. Personally - I would stay right where I'm at - but we will see
Sigh. Do you even read these threads or any other sites? There are many many scenarios where he goes to a team and they have a guy already and he brings another with him. People don't shut up about it. Knicks: Porzingis plus KD plus another fa like Kemba. Clippers with Kawhi. Nets with any number of dudes

Every year guys move around and create contenders. kD has many reasons to stay and many reasns to leave

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh. Do you even read these threads or any other sites? There are many many scenarios where he goes to a team and they have a guy already and he brings another with him. People don't shut up about it. Knicks: Porzingis plus KD plus another fa like Kemba. Clippers with Kawhi. Nets with any number of dudes

Every year guys move around and create contenders. kD has many reasons to stay and many reasns to leave
Yes, I agree that there are most likely 20 different theories about where he will end up - I still believe that the most logical place for Kevin Durant stays is with the Warriors - especially if the Warriors win again. I suppose there are several different theories, but my opinion is that he will want to stay and win more. Then again - He could leave.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors. Keep running that shit back until everyone breaks down or Lacob runs outs of money.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I agree that there are most likely 20 different theories about where he will end up - I still believe that the most logical place for Kevin Durant stays is with the Warriors - especially if the Warriors win again. I suppose there are several different theories, but my opinion is that he will want to stay and win more. Then again - He could leave.

I totally agree. From a pure logic standpoint, staying makes the most sense. Almost guaranteed one more ring, making 4 in a row and one more than LeBron, inaugurating the newest arena in the sport, being part of one of the greatest teams in history for longer, having a run better than any since the 60s Celtics. Comfortable with the team, playing with Curry, plus apparently he is a big tech investor so staying gives him continued close access to venture capitalists.

But there are emotional reasons to leave: wanting to be the man, wanting to move past the 'pussy move' talk by going somewhere not already stacked, tired of Draymond and everyone loving Curry more. Plus, there is no way to keep all 4 together after next year. Now, the Ws might choose to keep KD and let go of Dray or Klay, but still, the band will not last that much longer. He may want to move.

I give it 50% at best he stays.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree. From a pure logic standpoint, staying makes the most sense. Almost guaranteed one more ring, making 4 in a row and one more than LeBron, inaugurating the newest arena in the sport, being part of one of the greatest teams in history for longer, having a run better than any since the 60s Celtics. Comfortable with the team, playing with Curry, plus apparently he is a big tech investor so staying gives him continued close access to venture capitalists.

But there are emotional reasons to leave: wanting to be the man, wanting to move past the 'pussy move' talk by going somewhere not already stacked, tired of Draymond and everyone loving Curry more. Plus, there is no way to keep all 4 together after next year. Now, the Ws might choose to keep KD and let go of Dray or Klay, but still, the band will not last that much longer. He may want to move.

I give it 50% at best he stays.
Well you are right about one thing - People don't do what is logical - but personally - the dude is getting paid his worth, so if he is getting along okay and is happy why change. Now on the other hand if he want's out because he doesn't feel like he is being respected or whatever - then yes he would leave - but 25 million a year and more titles speaks pretty loudly in my opinion

I am not bothered by him leaving Oklahoma and in fact I think he was more of a man to leave then stay and I saw no reason whatsoever to sign elsewhere when Golden State when in fact Golden State had the goods for more titles and even then had Chris Paul not got hurt, quite possibly Durant would have only one title right now - so people needs to cut the crap that the Warriors can't be beat. They can Players are allowed free agency - and the players don't need the fans approval as to where they can sign. They need to get over it already

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you are right about one thing - People don't do what is logical - but personally - the dude is getting paid his worth, so if he is getting along okay and is happy why change. Now on the other hand if he want's out because he doesn't feel like he is being respected or whatever - then yes he would leave - but 25 million a year and more titles speaks pretty loudly in my opinion

I am not bothered by him leaving Oklahoma and in fact I think he was more of a man to leave then stay and I saw no reason whatsoever to sign elsewhere when Golden State when in fact Golden State had the goods for more titles and even then had Chris Paul not got hurt, quite possibly Durant would have only one title right now - so people needs to cut the crap that the Warriors can't be beat. They can Players are allowed free agency - and the players don't need the fans approval as to where they can sign. They need to get over it already
He'll make 25 million+, whether he stays or goes. And he would still have a good shot at a title or two depending on where he goes and who goes with him. In any case there's no more to be said, there's good reasons to stay, good ones to go, and he probably won't decide for many months. So enough.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll make 25 million+, whether he stays or goes. And he would still have a good shot at a title or two depending on where he goes and who goes with him. In any case there's no more to be said, there's good reasons to stay, good ones to go, and he probably won't decide for many months. So enough.
Well I will sit on the bench and look good for that kind of money:lol:, but it's possible he wants to be his own man - my opinion is that he is 30 and is not going to look at badly managed teams like New York where he would be 35 until a rebuild and a rebuild in New York in 5 years is being very generous - I've been waiting to see that happen for the last 10 years. Durant - LeBron - and Leonard on the Lakers, however would really be interesting.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I will sit on the bench and look good for that kind of money:lol:, but it's possible he wants to be his own man - my opinion is that he is 30 and is not going to look at badly managed teams like New York where he would be 35 until a rebuild and a rebuild in New York in 5 years is being very generous - I've been waiting to see that happen for the last 10 years. Durant - LeBron - and Leonard on the Lakers, however would really be interesting.

I said enough, dammit! :lol:

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know this question is going to be asked an awful lot this year, so I figured what the heck...

I think you all know where I'm leaning - To Brooklyn with Kemba. I'd like to see a good young coach and GM (Atkinson and Marks) get rewarded.
Supersonics

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes never going to go to a team where he has to be the man. Hes not mentally tough enough. He will coat tail on Lebron and be a Laker.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True. However, KD is at the point in his career where he's almost certainly starting to think about his "legacy".

To be considered one of the all time greats, you have to have titles. Well, after this season...he'll likely have 3. However, those will be looked at a lot like the 3 Kobe won with Shaq. Great that he's got 3 titles, but he was considered Robin to Shaq's Batman, which kept him out on the outside looking in when discussing all time greats.

Then he got 2 as Batman and that, along with some other pretty amazing play put him in with the all-time greats.

So, KD may feel that the best thing for his legacy would be to go someplace to see if he can win a title as "Batman".

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. However, KD is at the point in his career where he's almost certainly starting to think about his "legacy".

To be considered one of the all time greats, you have to have titles. Well, after this season...he'll likely have 3. However, those will be looked at a lot like the 3 Kobe won with Shaq. Great that he's got 3 titles, but he was considered Robin to Shaq's Batman, which kept him out on the outside looking in when discussing all time greats.

Then he got 2 as Batman and that, along with some other pretty amazing play put him in with the all-time greats.

So, KD may feel that the best thing for his legacy would be to go someplace to see if he can win a title as "Batman".
He might, but he is not even close to being less then Curry or Klay. I dont necessarily believe his legacy would be better or less with either choice, but I would ne quite happy to see him bust up the Warriors and join the Lakers

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DurantLAC.jpg

jarrett-jack-lakers-kevin-durant-lebron-james-anthony-davis-pelicans-warriors.jpg

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron's been blowing sunshine up his ass for years so I'd be shocked if he didn't he didn't end up there. But if boogie comes back as strong as ever and looks healthy I see them making a move at him. He won't be with the W's next year though.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want him to stay right where hes at. He is finally bringing that team down.