• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where will Jimmy G end up next season?

Where does Jimmy G play next season?

• Pittsburgh (Big Ben retiring)

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Carolina (Cam is toast)

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Houston (Watson will be traded most likely or in prison)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indianapolis (Wentz, LOL.)

• Giants (Jones is likely history)

• WFT (they could use a QB)

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Vikings

• Saints

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seahawks (RW could be dealt in the offseason if he continues to bitch)

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the toxic mess the Browns created finally over as Baker has escaped the muck, I say its time we turn our attention to Jimmy G.

He and his PronStar GFs will be in Seattle soon.
Once the 49ers release him I could see him signing with the Browns. He can be a game manager type and Browns have a decent offense, good OL, good RBs at least. Jimmy could dump passes off to Hunt all day, maybe even drop some to Chubb. Since I own those two RBs in some FF leagues I'd be fine with that.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once the 49ers release him I could see him signing with the Browns. He can be a game manager type and Browns have a decent offense, good OL, good RBs at least. Jimmy could dump passes off to Hunt all day, maybe even drop some to Chubb. Since I own those two RBs in some FF leagues I'd be fine with that.
I don't think any QB with options will go to Cleveland this year.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any QB with options will go to Cleveland this year.
Cleveland could be tailor made for Jimmy G if he is good with a one-year deal.
Great running game & a decent defense. Perfect for hiding his warts.
Think for a multi-year deal Seattle is his best bet. But they wont be able to hide his warts.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland could be tailor made for Jimmy G if he is good with a one-year deal.
Great running game & a decent defense. Perfect for hiding his warts.
Think for a multi-year deal Seattle is his best bet. But they wont be able to hide his warts.
Seahawks are rolling with what they have at QB, think that should be obvious to everyone by now.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Seattle to sign Jimmy Gparporlrorlrrol.

The guy has zero downfield awareness, can't stay healthy, looks like a deer in the headlights in any prime time/high stakes game, relies on dump off passes 24/7 and an elite tight end to bail him out. There was a game where he 'threw' for 150+ yards by halftime and everyone was gushing about him. In actuality he'd 'thrown' for -10 yards and there was 160 YAC.

I'd rather see Lock be horrible (or the < 1% chance he pans out), Smith suck like he predictably will and start crying about racism... both of those guys cut, and use Seattle's tons of draft ammo and shit record to snag one of the QBs next year... and with the talent they got from this draft, and the ridiculous amount of cap room they'll have... make a run in 2023.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the 49ers cut Garoppolo the Dolphins will be an option.
That's a good point. If he is willing to be a backup, the Dolphins make a lot of sense b/c he knows the coach and offense and Tua is on shaky ground. But a great downfield option like Hill would be wasted on Jimmy.

If he wants to be a backup, he'll have plenty of options, but if he wants to start, then it's Cleveland and Seattle or nowhere. And it looks like Seattle is tanking this season, so they're probably out...

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point. If he is willing to be a backup, the Dolphins make a lot of sense b/c he knows the coach and offense and Tua is on shaky ground. But a great downfield option like Hill would be wasted on Jimmy.

If he wants to be a backup, he'll have plenty of options, but if he wants to start, then it's Cleveland and Seattle or nowhere. And it looks like Seattle is tanking this season, so they're probably out...
One could argue Hill is already wasted as Tua can't throw downfield, either...LOL

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the 49ers cut Garoppolo the Dolphins will be an option.
I could see this - didn't really think of it, but I see a lot of similarities and connections that make this work.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolphins signed Bridgewater to what I believe is the largest contract for any backup QB in the league right now.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina could be looking for both a starter and a backup at QB. They don't have a lot committed at that position, and depending on whether Jimmy G wants to start, he could end up there.

I don't see a bidding war for Jimmy G.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins signed Bridgewater to what I believe is the largest contract for any backup QB in the league right now.
jimmy makes 26 mil darnold makes 18 bridge gets 6

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been told by a Dolphins fan who reads the Miami beat writers that Bridgewater has looked abysmal in the early running. The Dolphins have catered to a more RPO-orientated offense that suits Tagovailoa but doesn't suit Bridgewater. The $2M signing bonus paid to Bridgewater is a sunk cost. Bridgewater is guaranteed a salary of $4.5M and the Dolphins may be prepared to let another team take that contract off their hands. It's so early that we're not even in preseason camp yet so take everything with a pinch of salt.

Only the 49ers will be interested in Garoppolo at $25.6M, but that figure isn't guaranteed and Garopolo will only get it if the 49ers figure to be a Super Bowl contender with him but an irrelevance with Lance. If Lance is good enough the 49ers will cut Garoppolo at the 53-man cut down point. If Garoppolo is prepared to sign a cheaper deal with another team then the 49ers should be prepared to take a low pick rather than get nothing by cutting him. This would come down to Lance being ready to start, Garoppolo's agreement, another team wanting Garoppolo, and fortuitous timing, (the 49ers aren't in a rush).

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to incentives he reached back in 2019, Garoppolo has $7.5 million of his 2022 base salary guaranteed for injury. While not confirmed, that seems likely as it stands heading into the 2022 league year. Therefore, Garoppolo would leave the 49ers with $8.9 million in dead money if he were to be released. That is still $18.05 million in savings compared to his current cap number of $26.95 million.

If the 49ers can trade Garoppolo, they could save the full $25.55 million. That would still be the ideal situation for the 49ers. However, that would rely on a team being willing to take on over $25 million for one year of a quarterback that has several question marks surrounding him.

If the 49ers cannot trade Garoppolo, they have some options if they don’t want the $8.9 million in dead money. They could ask Garoppolo to take a pay cut or make a deal with him to add void years to the contract and spread the cap hit between 2022 and 2023. There is also the potential of an extension. But with Trey Lance on the roster, that seems unlikely. If Garoppolo remains on the roster, the addition of void years seems the most likely. But he may not be willing to agree to that if it means being a backup for 2022.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jimmy makes 26 mil darnold makes 18 bridge gets 6

Bridgewater signed a backup QB deal. Those other guys were signed to be starters.

The most interesting thing about this whole Jimmy situation is that him putting off surgery completely screwed the 49ers.....but it also could end up really screwing himself too. Had he been healthy enough to trade when the offseason started, he likely has a starting gig somewhere. As it is right now, he might not get a starting spot to try and show teams he is worth another big contract for the coming years.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater signed a backup QB deal. Those other guys were signed to be starters.

The most interesting thing about this whole Jimmy situation is that him putting off surgery completely screwed the 49ers.....but it also could end up really screwing himself too. Had he been healthy enough to trade when the offseason started, he likely has a starting gig somewhere. As it is right now, he might not get a starting spot to try and show teams he is worth another big contract for the coming years.
There rumors that his move to delay his surgery killed all good will that the org had towards him. Going into the off season, they were apparently willing to try to make sure he has a plush landing spot. Now they are purely maneuvering for their own benefit and they don’t care how/where JG ends up.